MoonX Mir 3 - Coming Soon™

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
Sorry to disappoint but the update is regarding zones (as I mentioned)

- Zones from level 0 to 180 are finished while the level 180-200 ones are completed but require more balancing (should be finished by tomorrow morning)

awesome

Microsoft
Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
where does gold drop the most? Which map by which level?

flea had gold drops but it was made to drop items mostly. Where can players go for gold hunting

tridan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2012
Sorry to disappoint but the update is regarding zones (as I mentioned)

- Zones from level 0 to 180 are finished while the level 180-200 ones are completed but require more balancing (should be finished by tomorrow morning)
Glad you guys are thinking about content at different levels. Hope this opens for beta in the next few days! Quite a lot of people are waiting on this one!

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Just caught up on the information you have provided Mythra wanted to ask questions and review them again. Also Loved the fact you changed Taoists and Warrior's Buff spells that needed doing a long time ago and always gets overlooked.

Horses - Has the Horse price and level requirements been altered to Reflect these changes?

As introducing a system to basically Respec is a good idea although the way the stats are I can already predict what's going to happen.

White Horse - Won't see much if any use if it's possible too the comfort cap without it.
Red Horse - Will be used by every Wizard/Taoist and some Assassins and Warriors.
Black Horse - Will be used on Warrior's.

The way the stats are distributed the only class who would possibly pick a different horse than Red is Warriors and maybe the Assassin. If your playing a Wizard/Taoist right you shouldn't be getting hit too often so White and Black Horse are completely useless too them even more so the black horse for wizard due to HP reduction from Renounce.

Poison and bosses health regen - I fully agree that not every boss should be able to be solo'ed however there are quite a few players I know who have a number of reasons as to why they cannot group up e.g Their a solo player, They don't speak English, They work dodgy schedules. So personally a system like this could quite easily effect your user count.

Quick fix which you might have already done, Have normal monsters, and subs drop them at a much lower rate. Also bare in mind RME only has 1 spot of access in his KR for melee. Other than that the only issue I could see is regen being 5 seconds that seems very quick but beta will sort it out if it's too quick.

Dragon Repulse and Summon Puppets - Dragon Repulse and Puppets is their main damage dealing method on Official Korean up until Massacre and DR works off DC, Pushes, and Heals on their.

I really like the majority of the changes you guys are making but given all the Nerf's I keep seeing for the Assassin I won't even look at playing the class on this server as it just sounds like it's getting Nerf after Nerf.

Also as I said I would I finished testing Warriors and Assassins using the Released Zircon files what I found was that

Warriors AOE kill speed and survivability at high level was a lot greater than the Assassins and they kill a little slower on bosses and slightly slower on groups.

Assassins Their lotus spells hit a lot harder (Due to DC and Mana) than a warriors single targets and Massacre chaining off 2 or more monsters can wipe out a mass lure a lot quicker than warriors can.

Overall If you Nerf Lotus damage a little bit and Stop Massacre from chaining into it's self for a total screen clear I think the Warrior and Assassins would be on the same level of power. My main issue with Zircon was the Wizard/Taoists refining Para, Slow, Stun, Silence, Block, and Evasion well having Beacon, Dance Of Swallows, Interchange ect unable to be used on over 3/4 of the maps.

As for making the Assassin Unique from the Warrior they did that by giving warriors better AC, MR with base stats on their gear and Assassins got No Base, less AC, MR with Agility which did at one time effect both Physical and Magic. (Agility also made Accuracy a useful stat)

This made them able to dodge an average amount but if they got hit they felt it as much as if a wizard got hit. The lifesteal offset the damage a bit and Abyss made them able to take out single target monsters a lot stronger a lot earlier than they should have been able too. Thinking back to the English Asssassin I remember dodging 1/5 hits until I got abyss at that point was more like 4/5.

Last edited:

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
@Vyse
1. Horses.
Yep, prices have been adjusted.
The white horse should be the go-to choice early on because it's going to take a while to reach comfort 20 naturally. As for the situation you described, I can see it happening but I believe taos and Assassins can opt for the black horse too considering there are some places that can outright destroy you if you're unlucky/careless. The whole idea was to have some variety, if you have a suggestion regarding the stats feel free to share because it's not something set in stone.

2. Poison and boss health regen.
This will only apply to endgame bosses. I do understand some people won't be able to kill bosses because for whatever reason they won't/can't group with other players but I think that's okay because bosses are meant to be group content but this won't bar players from obtaining items because you can get drops from leveling zones too (lower rate but reasonable).

*RME is a tier 2 boss at most and won't have improved health regen. In fact, only Zuma Taurus and tier 4+ bosses will have it and not all of them depending on what they drop.

3. Balance.
As of now, when it comes to PvE, Assassins and Warriors are equally powerful. Depending on gear, zone, rebirth one can be slightly more powerful than the other but there shouldn't be a reason to not choose one class over the other just because they're more powerful.

Summon Puppets deal a big chunk of damage in PvE, I think it's a very powerful tool that should be used on CD because the increase of damage is substantial. As for Dragon Repulse... it's quite tricky because:

- I decided to change it because repulsing enemies beyond your level is unreasonable to me but to compensate for that nerf I also modified it to benefit from Life Steal, the problem now is that because it benefits from Life Steal I can't allow it to deal a lot of damage or leveling will become trivial for Assassins. I'm looking into adding a Life Steal cap to it but I need more time. Should these changes to DR be universally hated I can always revert it but not right now because we're running short on time, pecially now that people are desperate for us to launch.
Post automatically merged:

Tadanga added.

Last edited:

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
The Horse change is a good idea I can just see the Red horse being the main go too the only thing that you could maybe do different is have 4 extra mounts e.g the Lion one's and give each class stats tailored to the class it's self. However I would make it cost a lot of money and require an item that is difficult to obtain and maybe a quest line. But that's something that could take you time to implement.

Poison is fine then I was just pointing it out for RME and the players who play solo to make sure their was still options for them.

As for Puppets that seems fine, Have you revised the Elemental Puppet as currently only 2 of the elemental stones give effects where as the spell implies that each stone should do something.

Lastly Dragon Repulse pushing things beyond your level I can see your issue with that but Mass Beacon and Fetter also work on things that are a higher level as does Abyss and for good reason. If you want it to be more limited maybe give it a level cap like them spells instead of just making it so you have to be higher as if it works like that it's never going to get used the way it was intended. Or don't I plan on playing Either a Wizard or a Taoist for a change so doesn't really effect me that much.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
On Zircon My main was an Assassin and Alt was a Wizard but after Banyo Island got added things went a little down hill. It went from Low-Mid rate server to Mid-High Rate then things Like the Edge system, Dunes equipment, Special refinement made their way into the game and IMO broke PVP/PK. I did love playing my Assassin though and do agree that at least on Zircon and Official English they were a pretty broken class.

However on Moon I don't think I want to bother with a Melee this time and my normal go to is Wizard but I really like the Idea of Taoist's being able to offer decent support so I am leaning towards playing a Taoist for a change. I just hope that the Taoists get some of the Many cool looking spells they have on Korean at some point.

E.g Like these one's

dazzaboi90

LOMCN Member
Dec 31, 2018
Nottingham
im patient myself so no rush from a personal point of view but hope everyone else is as patient .. sometimes people might want to make an account etc and just hope the time doesn't come and go .. I guess what I mean is the numbers are getting lower on zircon and its kind of the perfect time I feel for a stable server with a developer that has the ability to update fairly regular to come along .. anyway I cant wait to try for one and hope the numbers are great for what seems to be a well prepared start to this server

Reactions: HalonX and Voya

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
im patient myself so no rush from a personal point of view but hope everyone else is as patient .. sometimes people might want to make an account etc and just hope the time doesn't come and go .. I guess what I mean is the numbers are getting lower on zircon and its kind of the perfect time I feel for a stable server with a developer that has the ability to update fairly regular to come along .. anyway I cant wait to try for one and hope the numbers are great for what seems to be a well prepared start to this server
I feel the same way :) i hope its gonna be lit af. Cant wait to find a server where i can waste countless hours of my life :p

Reactions: dazzaboi90

dazzaboi90

LOMCN Member
Dec 31, 2018
Nottingham
I feel the same way :) i hope its gonna be lit af. Cant wait to find a server where i can waste countless hours of my life :p

yeah hopefully not too much longer … having a great game is one thing but I think timing is everything too .. me personally I wouldn't mind a game with small bugs here and there that could be ironed out , think the only thing people ask for is a developer that will be onto those bugs as soon as possible … I understand the need for wanting to get it all as perfectly possible before launch though

Reactions: HalonX

tridan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2012
yeah hopefully not too much longer … having a great game is one thing but I think timing is everything too .. me personally I wouldn't mind a game with small bugs here and there that could be ironed out , think the only thing people ask for is a developer that will be onto those bugs as soon as possible … I understand the need for wanting to get it all as perfectly possible before launch though
I think if they dont release soon we should flush them out the airlock with all the other Cylons. :p

Or just get some Cylons to eliminate some of the bugs in the system...

So say we all!

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
I haven't had the time to update the topic because I overworked myself and have been bedridden for the past 4 days. I believe I should be fine by monday.

I also took 2 weeks of paid leave at work to make up for the time lost and have free time to oversee the server when we go live.

Reactions: HalonX

HalonX

LOMCN Member
Jan 28, 2019
I haven't had the time to update the topic because I overworked myself and have been bedridden for the past 4 days. I believe I should be fine by monday.

I also took 2 weeks of paid leave at work to make up for the time lost and have free time to oversee the server when we go live.

Sorry to hear that bud

Status
Not open for further replies.