MoonX Mir 3 - Coming Soon™

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
No one is going to gain knowledge from the closed beta because the they're going to be restricted and it will be exclusively pvp related AND monitored by me at all times.

so you aren't having a beta at all then? well good luck with that then keep lots of back ups

dazzaboi90

LOMCN Member
Dec 31, 2018
Nottingham
I suggest to delete para from wizard/tao skill ;) because it destroys the game

para was always weak on wizard spells even when close to max possible on weapons that ive experienced and also heard others say the same .. having said that I do think ur right in the sense that it should be limited to war and sin

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
para was always weak on wizard spells even when close to max possible on weapons that ive experienced and also heard others say the same .. having said that I do think ur right in the sense that it should be limited to war and sin

Dunno, i've been para'd twice by 1 firecloud.. Step-Para-Step-Para

Amrod

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
poland
para and stun u have on wiz spells :) on mir only war was use para for pk and boses :) so when server up bro?

Vaeborg

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
I think it will take some time because there would be some information and there is nothing at the moment... I do not understand why to make such advertising earlier
the closed test probably has not finished yet...so I think that for a month people will wait. we were told that it will work this month .
but let's hope that Felo will keep his word because with one word he has already failed but it will stay between us

Greetings
Post automatically merged:

as for me it should be completely eliminated paralysis Chance from upgrade in weapon and from pets

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
I think it will take some time because there would be some information and there is nothing at the moment... I do not understand why to make such advertising earlier
the closed test probably has not finished yet...so I think that for a month people will wait. we were told that it will work this month .
but let's hope that Felo will keep his word because with one word he has already failed but it will stay between us

Greetings

as for me it should be completely eliminated paralysis Chance from upgrade in weapon and from pets

Personally, i'm ready to wait 5 months if the server has as much content as seen.
Looks awesome so far! :D

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
@Mythra

It's good to hear your on the final testing phase but I am wondering what sort of balance are you after for PVP/PK, assuming the same level of equipment, skill, and character level will it be 50/50 chance your after or each class has a counter?

Also will the testing consist of PVP in both single 1v1 and large scale 5 v 5 or greater?

If your doing large scale battles might I suggest having a large scale fight on a small map like the wall with 2 Taoist 2 Wizards, 2 Warrior, and an 2 Assassin vs the same team composition.

Obviously you are aware of tempest wars on narrow maps but unless Beckon, and Dance are available which I am assuming isn't the case on every map you might have to consider Lowering Tempest/Firewall Damage in PVP. As walking through a wizards Floor AOE is the hardest thing to get right on the PVP side of things.

Personally I don't mind AOE on floor hurting but from past experience on Zircon fighting on the wall on a melee character was not fun in the slightest even with x5 advantage in full 79 set with good gear melee were about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. They couldn't move through the AOE to approach the enemy even if they stealthed (Which at the time gave them a 50% damage reduction on top of the x5 reduction) so all the fighting was done by the Wizards and Taoists.

Which effect group synergy greatly as you only really needed 1 competent melee for the boss so they just started to fill the groups with casters and who ever was further in on the map normally got the boss as the others had to fight there way up to the group up front and god help them if they were waiting on door to 2nd map with tempest on doorways with pets lined up ready to blow up.

It's going to be a small scale beta, mostly to make sure 1v1 & 3v3 are somewhat balanced, the only purpose of this beta is to prevent absurd stuff to actually go live becasuse we've changed so many things. Further changes towards mass pvp balance will happen as we receive feedback when we go live.

Dance of Swallow, Beckon, Geo and the likes (including marriage ring) will work in all maps, without increased CD or penalty. The only spell I will restrict is Teleport, RT and marriage ring in the last floor before the boss room and the boss room itself. Bigger potions were introduced to help melees survive the tempest spam. I'm not a fan of crippling Tempest in PvP but if these changes don't help against Tempest spam we can reduce it's PvP damage and give it to other spells to compensate.

Patan

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 31, 2005
Looking forward for a Server with Own Features. Hope you get your pvp tests done fast.
My bet: you can Balance is as Much as you want, It Never keeps perfect, anxthing will change and ist Chances Balance :)

dazzaboi90

LOMCN Member
Dec 31, 2018
Nottingham
This is the reason I think we end up with flawed servers so often with no lifespan ... changes of a big proportion takes time and that’s why he isn’t just throwing the server live , foundation is everything and clearly he is trying to make it his own whilst still acknowledging that the files are from Jamie ( I think anyway ) if it takes another month then so be it as long as it’s solid when it does come ...

Having said that thought I do feel timing is important with everything and it’s like a lot of people are waiting on a solid Mir 3 server that will be balanced and have a decent user count

I sure hope so :)
What classes/guilds do people play/join? :D
I love me some group play.

Think wiz and sin for me personally ... be great to hook up in game though

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
I'm Honestly considering a Taoist or Wizard Main with maybe a melee alt later on depending on how well the class balance pans out.

Given the fact Taoists are going to have a use for buff spells for a change and poison being stated as useful I am leaning more in that direction as even on Zircon Taoists could always find a group with a Sin, War, or Wiz pretty easy as it made killing groups a lot faster. Plus they get some pretty cool looking spells later on (well if Mythra translates and adds them that is obviously not expecting them on launch).

I know that they have a single target version of Infection that functions on bosses/subs to halt regen. (Which I am sure they could tweak so it only work up to a certain tier of boss).

They also gain a Rupture like spell that shows a little explosion effect on creatures that are under Infection that hits pretty nice.

Though wizards get some cool looking spells like Blizzard, Cyclone Tunnel, Advanced Magic Shield.

dazzaboi90

LOMCN Member
Dec 31, 2018
Nottingham
its weekend!!!!! plis some info gm!~!! kurwa mac ja pierdole

I’m pretty sure there’s 0% hope for this weekend as there’s not been an update on here about pvp balancing yet so not even sure they’ve done a beta yet for it ... likely to be a minimum of very end of this month but I think it looks to be running into early next month

Status
Not open for further replies.