MoonX Mir 3 - Coming Soon™

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealHavok

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 17, 2018
Also a small TLDR for the lazy ones in case I didn't make myself clear enough, there will be custom content. The content from Zircon is just the start and is VERY far from actually being end-game content, we're not going to launch a carbon copy with faster rates but with brand new & shiny stuff.

Which is exactly what i said and all i said was if there's no new content and it's just a rip off of Zircon then there's no point, that's all

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
Updated original post with screenshots and balance notes.

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
You're not going to kill that tier 10 boss any time soon, that much I can guarantee.

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
Content wise we're almost ready.

• Existing current from Zircon has been fully reworked.
  • Rebirth system > Fully reworked
  • FP System in place
  • Boss tiers > 1 to 5th Tier is ready
  • New mobs and zones already chosen and pretty much done.
  • Plus more stuff that you can find in the original post
To be honest, we were ready to launch in early March and the reason I didn't mention a release date is because there are always unexpected issues and we've run into a big one. Hear me out... my number one priority is balance however these stats are not working properly or have some messed up interactions that make balancing impossible without fixing & fully reworking the way they work.

- Life Steal is currently capped at +750HP for wars and +1500HP for sins (except their autoattacks that give +750HP). This wouldn't be a problem if MoonX was a low-rate server but it isn't so we have to fix it. (We know fixing it will make Sins and Warriors heal themselves a lot but we have a solution to keep it in control)

- Critical Hit Chance and Critical PvE damage have some messed up interactions and caused your damage to skyrocket out of control, we're currently thinking about how to keep them in line so that players damage are in line with the rest of their stats.

When I say soon I mean weeks, not months. I really want to launch this ASAP but I want it to be balanced, I don't want to launch a completely unbalanced, half-assed carbon copy of Zircon with faster rates and this issue could set us back a few days. I will however keep you updated as we fix things.

Reactions: Vaeborg

Voya

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 15, 2008
USA
"
  • Existing current from Zircon has been fully reworked.
"

What does this mean?

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
@Mythra Couple of important questions.

1. Are you removing Para, Stun, Silence, Block, and Evasion refinements - Massively effects both PVE and PVP.

2. Are you removing Purification Potions from shops and putting them into boss/sub drops and maybe giving them a cool-down - On zircon it's a standard players hunting with 100+ puri potions now because everyone has these stupid refinements.

3. Is empowered Purification going to be fixed/changed on Zircon it removing all buffs in AOE was way too powerful.

If so I will give server a play until ZenX gets finished and goes live.

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
It means existing current from zircon (mobs, zones, drops and others) has been altered in a way or another to adapt to the current pace and stats of the server.
Post automatically merged:

@Mythra Couple of important questions.

1. Are you removing Para, Stun, Silence, Block, and Evasion refinements - Massively effects both PVE and PVP.

2. Are you removing Purification Potions from shops and putting them into boss/sub drops and maybe giving them a cool-down - On zircon it's a standard players hunting with 100+ puri potions now because everyone has these stupid refinements.

3. Is empowered Purification going to be fixed/changed on Zircon it removing all buffs in AOE was way too powerful.

If so I will give server a play until ZenX gets finished and goes live.

1. You can consider them gone. One of the biggest issues with PvP balance is CC and imo there's no room for so many CC mechanics in this game.

2. If you've played world of warcraft you might be familiar with the idea of PvP trinket that removes all sorts of CCs. If we keep the potion in game it might be something similar, a tool you that will make you think twice when to use it and with a big cool down.

3. Requires further testing and feedback.

Last edited:

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
@Mythra Thanks for the reply so quickly I am looking forward to checking out your server when it goes live.

1A. Personally I don't think the CC's should be gone outright maybe work them into a set bonus on a super hard boss with a low drop rate and give them a lot less chance to proc. The problem with them in my opinion on Zircon was that it made Casters too powerful more so the wizard who has tempest which gave them twice as much chance to proc. (And them stats where never designed to work with casters)

1B. As for Evasion and Block I also think these stats are a good thing and fit very well with the shields but again the % can't be too high or it effects both PVP/PVE too much.

2. That sounds a lot more balanced than potions you can spam endlessly that don't even have a weight.

3. The issue with it was that it required no skill to use, removed every buff in an AOE, had no cool-down, and could work against players a higher level. Against a wizard they could cast it once's massively reducing a wizards DPS and removing there only defensive buff and because it was AOE it's super easy to Aim. There was debits about how to fix it for months on Zircon and even the Taoists playing the server said it was too powerful.

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
We've made a lot of progress today regarding stats with our goal being to keep them in check to prevent damage from skyrocketing out of control. Some of those changes involve:
  • Life Steal: It has been fixed and is no longer capped to +750HP (1500HP for Assassins).
  • Critical strike chance: Overall nerf, it no longer increases your damage by 100%
  • PvE critical damage: Reduced the amount you can obtain from various sources.
  • Block and Evasion: Reduced the amount you can get (planned to be capped at 10% for now). Should this be too low we'll add Evasion to armours and Block to shields in the upcoming new items.
  • Paralysis, Silence and Slow: Reduced the amount you can obtain. Peding further testing and feedback.
  • Elixir of Purification: Each potion now costs 150k and has a 30s CD. Pending player feedback.

I'll update the original post tomorrow with a detailed changelog.

@Mythra Thanks for the reply so quickly I am looking forward to checking out your server when it goes live.

1A. Personally I don't think the CC's should be gone outright maybe work them into a set bonus on a super hard boss with a low drop rate and give them a lot less chance to proc. The problem with them in my opinion on Zircon was that it made Casters too powerful more so the wizard who has tempest which gave them twice as much chance to proc. (And them stats where never designed to work with casters)

1B. As for Evasion and Block I also think these stats are a good thing and fit very well with the shields but again the % can't be too high or it effects both PVP/PVE too much.

2. That sounds a lot more balanced than potions you can spam endlessly that don't even have a weight.

3. The issue with it was that it required no skill to use, removed every buff in an AOE, had no cool-down, and could work against players a higher level. Against a wizard they could cast it once's massively reducing a wizards DPS and removing there only defensive buff and because it was AOE it's super easy to Aim. There was debits about how to fix it for months on Zircon and even the Taoists playing the server said it was too powerful.

Upon further discussion we've decided that:

1A: We're going to keep the CC but we've reduced the frequency it affected players/mobs. It's something easy to adjust so we can always buff/nerf the chance according to players feedback.

1B: These are a good stats and we're keeping them too. However I don't like players reliying too much on said stats so we've reduced the amount you can get from Companion and Special refining to a total of 10%, should this not be enough we'll add Evasion to Armours and Block to shields.

2. We've settled for a 30s CD and a 150k price for now.

3. We have mixed opinions about this but we do agree it's way too overpowered to be left as it is. Right now we're going to add a 3min CD because the impact it brings to mass PvP is too much and there could be a few taos rotating their Mass Puri. Again... time will tell if this is enough.

I do value suggestions very higly so if you liked or disliked certain features and feel like something could be done to improve them I'd love to hear about it as I'm very grateful to those who help the server grow in a positive direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.