MoonX Mir 3 - Coming Soon™

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
To be perfectly Honest the way the English version of the Assassin class works is completely different to how they work on Korean. If you watch any of the videos they don't really use Lotus combo they use Puppets and Dragon Repulse and some other Chain spell like Dragon Repulse to kill Groups.

But there is Defo something out of wack with Warriors on the Zircon files. I have been playing on Zeds Test server and I've got over 350 PVE damage on a warrior yet my spells hit for like 15k Max. On my Assassin on Zircon my Assassins gear was sub par and had at best 150% PVE yet he was hitting 15-25k crit's.

We have some weird class interactions against monster and bosses but I can tell certainly tell you that we fixed that, Assassins no longer deal that much more damage than warriors.
  • Assassins deal moderately more damage than warriors in single-target encounters both in PvP and PvE.
  • Warriors deal more sustained AoE damage but Assassins can, if they stack enough lotus explosions, deal very big bursts of AoE damage but this will not happen often unless you're killing monsters in a lower level area. Still they level at the same pace.
  • Assassins deal extra damage against bosses but receive more damage from bosses.
  • Warriors deal slightly less damage to bosses but they receive less damage from them.
  • Not yet implemented but we want to have a similar interaction between wizards and bosses.
*These increases in damage are moderate, nothing over the top, they're just to fill the class fantasy of tank/dps and encourage players to bring all classes to kill a boss. Remember in Zircon where Wizards would just stare at a boss? well, I don't want that.

I agree with this gentleman ... Warrior and Sin as they have the same AC and MR is SIN is stronger than the warrior

Not in MoonX, here they have less AC/MR/HP than warriors. In fact, we also nerfed the assassins HP because they had too much (even more than taos).

Upcoming spell changes later tonight.

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
Spell changes.

• Taoist.
    • Blood Lust: 5% DC + 1% extra per magic level up to +10% DC at lvl 5.
    • Elemental Superiority: 5% MC/SC + 1% extra per magic level up to +10% MC/SC at lvl 5. Elemental attribute escales with level.
    • Resilience and Magic Resistance: Escales with skill level and player level following this formula (5 * magic lvl * char lvl / 100) so if you're level 200 and the spell is level 5 you will get 0-50AC.
    • Life Steal: Gives 1% per skill level to a maximum of 5% at lvl 5.
  • Warrior.
    • Defiance: Grants 30% max AC and 35% max MR. Reduces DC by 15%.
    • Might: Grants 15% DC. Reduces max AC and Max MR by 30%.
    • These changes to Defiance and Might are beatiful if you ask me because it will be more engaging for warriors to play, you no longer can go AFK while killing a lure to watch Netflix but with the proper combination you can sacrifice a lot of damage in exchange tankiness and viceversa.

• These numbers may change with time should it be required.
  • Taking these changes into account we've decided to change the Hermit to prevent warriors from being unkillable.

• White Horse: Is the go to horse if you want HP regen. It gives +7 Comfort and will be the prefered horse for everyone until they can get comfort 20 naturally without a horse (with new and more powerful items).
  • Red Horse: Offensive horse. Gives 0-50 DC/MC/SC. Removed AC, MR and Comfort.
  • Black Horse: Defensive horse. Gives +1000 HP and 0-25 AC/MR. Removed DC/MC/SC and Comfort.

Last edited:

dazzaboi90

LOMCN Member
Dec 31, 2018
Nottingham
i know developers (understandably) don't want to give guesstimates on when servers will be up to test … and sorry in advance if this has already been stated above but is there any rough time your thinking you want to get a beta out there to the people as its clear the server has generated a lot of interest

HalonX

LOMCN Member
Jan 28, 2019
This sounds like a great server hope it up soon to have a go and get grinding

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
I can't really tell you an exact date because I don't know. All I can tell you is that we're opening this month and closed beta is around the corner.

Reactions: HalonX

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
Added 6 leveling zones that will cover the leveling experience from 120 to 200.

• Tree Path itself has 5 very big maps that will lead to a new city (which is not accessible yet, again, I don't want to show everything we're doing)
  • Inside Tree Path you can find 3 caves, each has 5 floors and their own bosses.

- MoonX City has 3 themes of leveling maps.
  • Desert -> Leads to group leveling zone.
  • Woods & Village > Outer perimeter of Moon City.
  • The Wall (unused maps of the Wall). They're being reused because the maps fit Moon City quite nicely and would be a shame not to use them.

Last edited:

peszek

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 1, 2012
Oh **** I saw this map somewhere. I do not remember the name of the server :D

pijakus

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 6, 2011
Poland
Peszko :D o ktorych mapach mowisz :D Mythra nice updates ... :D we cant wait when be beta :D

Apple & Beach

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2006
Great work so far! can really see this being a long term server.

p.s whens beta ? LOL

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
Poison and bosses health regen.
I've mentioned before that I don't want people soloing bosses unless it's very weak bosses and players are much higher level so we've made some changes to the way bosses can regen their health.
  • HP Regen 0: This is the standard you're used to and the one that weaker bosses have. They regain 2% HP every 6-7 seconds approx.
  • HP Regen 1: The boss will regen 10% of their HP every 5 seconds it's not affected by pois.
  • HP Regen 2: The boss will regen 20% of their HP every 5 seconds it's not affected by pois.
  • HP Regen 3: The boss will regen 30% of their HP every 5 seconds it's not affected by pois.
  • HP Regen 4: The boss will immediately regain ALL of its HP and is completely immune to all sorts of damage if it's not affected by pois.
Taos better keep an eye on the boss because if the boss itself doesn't kill them... players will lol

Class changes.
As you already know, we've nerfed the effectiveness of certain stats and classes can't hit 30k+ anymore (at least not yet) thus the most affected class by these nerfs was the Assassin because % scaling is more noticeable the more damage you deal. As of now, at least in PvE, all classes are equally powerful and all can level at the same rate (except Wizards that can level slightly faster) so I'm happy with class balance however... I feel like Assassins are way too similar to warriors now that they can't rely on chaining lotus explosion as much as they did before (unless they're in lower level zones) so I want to make them feel more unique and fun to play.

Dragon Repulse.

- Now you can't repulse enemies beyond your level. The way it worked before didn't make sense to me because if Assassins took turns repulsing enemeis they could take away all the dificulty of certain zones (specially in group zones).

- Is now a physical skill instead of a magic spell in order to benefit from Life Steal. This change, paired with the fact that you can't repulse higher level enemies makes it a powerful tool to heal yourself up in big lures.

- Damage decreased. The damage was negligible to begin with so this nerf doesn't change anything, the reason it's being nerfed is because now you can Life Steal and hitting so many enemies at once can make you unkillable. I want it to be a defensive tool, a panic button of sorts, not to make Assassins unkillable.

Summon Puppet

- Damage increased. As I mentioned earlier, the Assassin was the one most affected by the stats revamp, as such, Summon Puppet had become an obsolete spell that had very little use outside PvP. The main reason for this increase of damage is to add a little extra AoE burst in PvE.

- Cooldown slightly decreased (from 30 to 25 seconds).

* These changes are not permanent, specially the Summon Puppet one because I'm fully aware that it will bring changes to PvP, that's why we have closed beta in the first place, to offer feedback after testing these changes.

I know everyone here wants to know when we're going to go live but as you can see, we do make big updates every day and our work pace is quite fast so you won't have to wait much longer.

Last edited:

Mythra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 6, 2015
I've received some questions regarding group zones and increasing the difficulty of older zones, I already explaiend that on the original post but it was quite vague so I'll expand on that.

I'm a fan of group zones because it's fun to play with others, specially when there's the chance of mass PvP between enemy guilds so yes, there will be a couple group zones. In fact, there's one outside Moon City's desert (I think I mentioned that earlier? however it's locked out, it's too soon for that).

As for older zones, considering we've increased the difficulty of all bosses we had to do the same with the zone they reside in because it's such a shame to leave zones such as Dinos, Numa, Dragon Abyss, Ship, Departed Valley and Banyo completely untouched so we increased thir difficulty too. In fact, you will be able to level up in those zones if you don't like the main ones (however drop may vary, specially when it comes to equipment).

P.S: Update coming tonight. Content up to level 200 is almost completed, just missing a bit here and there.

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
I've received some questions regarding group zones and increasing the difficulty of older zones, I already explaiend that on the original post but it was quite vague so I'll expand on that.

I'm a fan of group zones because it's fun to play with others, specially when there's the chance of mass PvP between enemy guilds so yes, there will be a couple group zones. In fact, there's one outside Moon City's desert (I think I mentioned that earlier? however it's locked out, it's too soon for that).

As for older zones, considering we've increased the difficulty of all bosses we had to do the same with the zone they reside in because it's such a shame to leave zones such as Dinos, Numa, Dragon Abyss, Ship, Departed Valley and Banyo completely untouched so we increased thir difficulty too. In fact, you will be able to level up in those zones if you don't like the main ones (however drop may vary, specially when it comes to equipment).

P.S: Update coming tonight. Content up to level 200 is almost completed, just missing a bit here and there.
So does this mean that from ''beta coming soon'' we can get a date?

Status
Not open for further replies.