Moving tiles from Front layer to Back layer

smoochy boys on tour

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Does anyone know how to go about moving 10,000+ tiles from the front layer of a map file to the back layer?

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
duh.gif

was asking if anyone knew of an easy way to do it, ik its going to involve coding

• Haha
Reactions: Jev

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I suppose the map is made up of smtiles on front layer (typical for those newer Chinese maps) and you can't place those on back layer (back layer accepts only big tiles).

You only need to move tiles away from the front layer and in that case you could move them to middle layer. Not sure now which version of the map editor I put this feature in but the bulk conversion is in there and in the case of smtiles only, you wouldn't even need to fix client to display them properly (need to do that for smtile image strips, tiles taller than 32 pixels).

I suppose the only reason for doing what you ask is to be able to place objects on the map and objects are all built on front layer and tags would interfere (not for all objects but trees and such like would make a mess). If I am right in guessing about smtiles and object placing, then the easiest solution would be to convert smtiles to middle layer.

Some maps that are built from smtiles all on front layer use a tricky method to still have objects on them that your char in game can go behind. If that is the case, then those objects would need to be left on front layer (or returned there after bulk conversion to middle layer - more simple that way) because currently mir client wouldn't display them correctly on middle layer. But that is a simple client fix I have figured out a while back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jev

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 30, 2007
Posts must be in English!
在中国有编辑器批量导出 t obj >> obj t (同时为韩国地图工作)

第一个工具来自
applem2
后面有几个 儿子 可能是 geem2?hgem2? 不确定 但是可以肯定有后代

DevilsKnight

I
VIP
Aug 1, 2004
I'm assuming you're using the normal mapeditor?

As the map is loading, in whatever format it is, just convert BackImage = FrontImage, BackIndex = FrontIndex. Then 0 for both front index and image.

Not particularly complicated. This is assuming you want every single Front layer to become a back layer on a map?

Save the new map, done.