Mssql/mysql

smoochy boys on tour

robhw

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 3, 2006
As i am new to this would someone explain to me the difference, if one exists, and where i can find these files. All the links i have clicked on in the forums seem to be dead links now and produce no contents.

Thanks in advance whoever may be able to help.

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
The simple answer to this question to save going into Technical Background is basically MySQL is FREE but WONT work for Mir3, its that simple. MS-SQL is NOT Free, you can get a Demo version which only works for so long (180 days??) before it stops.

Quite simply unless you want to fork out nearly £4000, then I suggest to look at Torrents.

Upvote 0

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
it is quite easy to open server, just download xampp lite, install, open XAMPP setup then XAMMP start and tada, u got ur own server on ur ip.
how its working?
to access file -> netip/file.end
to add file -> paste the file in the HTDOCS folder
to delete file -> delete the file from the HTDOCS folder
if u want a domain name -> enter www.no-ip.info, open account, download the program, add new host on the site with ur account (dont change stuff that u dont understand) now u can access files by entering WhateverNameUChoseForNoIp.NO-ip.InFo (unless u changed it when u made the host).
dont forget, every time ur ip change (like after restarting internet) launch the program and change the ips using ur account on it (the same one as the one in the site).

Upvote 0

robhw

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 3, 2006
omg y didnt any1 tell me this before lmao ty myth and demonic for the info dont think i will be paying 4k lol.

Upvote 0

mythonline

Known Cheater
Golden Oldie
Oct 2, 2005
demonic are u sure MySql dont work for MIR3? because i remember that we used Xampp to make the acc maker in lmyth, and its mysql :S

Upvote 0

Demonic

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Dec 1, 2003
demonic are u sure MySql dont work for MIR3? because i remember that we used Xampp to make the acc maker in lmyth, and its mysql :S

Accounts are held in the MSSQL Database, how would an Account maker holding the accounts in MYSQL work? Xammp comes with MySQL - this is probably what you mean but it sits there eating CPU Cycles doing nothing in relation to Mir3 :)

Upvote 0

robhw

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 3, 2006
when i try to install x ampp it says ush any key i do and the box closes and does nothing?
zny ideas lol

Upvote 0

-Viper-

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 3, 2005
What OS you on?

Usually it shows some writing then says its installed and will install the next component.

Viper

Upvote 0

robhw

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 3, 2006
OS?
sorry forgive me lol what does OS mean?

Last edited:
Upvote 0