Release My attempt at a new ui

smoochy boys on tour

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
Just putting it out there that this is my 1st attempt at anything like this. Ive never done anything with c# or photoshop so this is coiming from a complete novice

Huge credit to @Sanjian for not only helping me out way more than any sane person would (Id have given up weeks ago if it wasn't for all his help) but also for taking the time to make sure that I understood everything he was explaining to me and being a top guy!

Preview of the ui
UI-all.png

Short vid of how it is ingame

Files:
Ui - PSD files (including all images to import)
Lib files with pre imported files
Source
All 3 in 1

Mirrors
MirFiles

Ive tried to set everything out in a way that hopefully can be understood by others and not just what makes sense in my mind but if you have any questions then feel free to ask

I've learnt a hell of a lot after doing this and its been good fun. if you have any feedback on what could be better, which bits you like/did like or just suggestions for the next 1 i attempt then id love to hear it

Thanks also to
@Far
@LightBringer
@IceMan
for there help too!

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Not a big fan of the bar on the top but good job nevertheless. It looks way better than the default UI.

Reactions: Netskee

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
No I'm not overly keen on it tbh. That was the 1st thing I made and wanted to test it out in a different location. The globe is too big and it gets in the way while running. Thanks for the comment

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I really like the style of this UI, can't be a good dark and red colour scheme. May i ask where you aqcuired the assets from to slice n dice into Mir? I would also be interested to see this UI with a bottom HUD option with minimap back in the top right and maybe reduce the size of the menu buttons and create a collaspable micro menu.

Really nice work in any case, well done! Keep at it and we may actually be able to fight for a designer title :P

Reactions: Sanjian and Netskee

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Great work, again like most have said the health bar at the top is just a no go from me, but nice variant. Ps good job Sanj on helping him.

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
I really like the style of this UI, can't be a good dark and red colour scheme. May i ask where you aqcuired the assets from to slice n dice into Mir? I would also be interested to see this UI with a bottom HUD option with minimap back in the top right and maybe reduce the size of the menu buttons and create a collaspable micro menu.

Really nice work in any case, well done! Keep at it and we may actually be able to fight for a designer title :p

Ha thanks man. Like I said before I wanted to try things in different places but everything you need to move it around is supplied. Pretty much everything used here is in 1 way or another from Pinterest but some are from things you have released on here too

I'd love to learn more about buildable assets (they were a huge help) so any info you can share on that would be great

Worth pointing out that I the code has bugs.. Which can easily be seen from the vid. The guild store isn't quite rite, lvl bar fill won't display correct as the image goes behind the hp/mp globe rather than being 2 separate images. Small chat screen scroll bar is just.. No.. Probably other things too but it's close (ish)

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Ha thanks man. Like I said before I wanted to try things in different places but everything you need to move it around is supplied. Pretty much everything used here is in 1 way or another from Pinterest but some are from things you have released on here too

I'd love to learn more about buildable assets (they were a huge help) so any info you can share on that would be great

Worth pointing out that I the code has bugs.. Which can easily be seen from the vid. The guild store isn't quite rite, lvl bar fill won't display correct as the image goes behind the hp/mp globe rather than being 2 separate images. Small chat screen scroll bar is just.. No.. Probably other things too but it's close (ish)

It would be nice if crystal supported a modular type / build able UI (or even a tool that atleast let's you piece up parts together and merge as an image for those without photoshop)

Reactions: Martyn

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
very nice, as people has mentioned about the health bar.

keep them coming bud,

Shurikan

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 15, 2018
Looks very nice not fan of map being bottom right, instead of top right, but other then that I like it a lot.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I may decide to make a bunch of modular UI pieces from this and various other UIs I had and make some form of tool that can size / piece and drag and drop elements like cells / grids etc.

Then have the tool export the merged image / location code and indexes...that's if Crystal never decides to incorporate slice n diced UI.

@Far I've already got a few UIs that will work with this practice (similar to zircon but without looking shite).

Netskee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 17, 2013
Loughborough, UK
Amazing job, i was trying to build my own in photoshop and it looked terrible so this will be amazing for me as i can edit to to suit my needs.

Much appreciated

J
Be nice to see what changes you make and how you adapt it. Post up some screenies when ur done 👍

I may decide to make a bunch of modular UI pieces from this and various other UIs I had and make some form of tool that can size / piece and drag and drop elements like cells / grids etc.

Then have the tool export the merged image / location code and indexes...that's if Crystal never decides to incorporate slice n diced UI.

@Far I've already got a few UIs that will work with this practice (similar to zircon but without looking shite).

Now that would be amazing!

TheOnlyOne

DarkReturn Server High Rate
Loyal Member
Dark Return
Game Master
Oct 6, 2017
Jordan
Amazing job well done mate after all that hard work i tell you good job

TheOnlyOne

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
...now showing off on Utopia server. Didn't know that when I played the server if this thread wasn't bumped up.

I didn't like the sideways sticking out 'horns' at the top of bag and char panel because they prevented the panels to dock tightly to the sides of the game window.

Don't know if not being able to slide the panels partly outside, beyond the game view is a feature of this GUI or of Crystal client (this specific one or default files are like that)?

In particular I found the char panel way too wide even on 1920 res., there is no gain in functionality to display those char stats permanently to the right of the avatar view. Don't know if the design wasn't tweaked away from the original but those stats names were also hard to read, offset to the values below them never mind faded colors due to graphic design. That's in addition of the panel being overall too wide.

The GUI must have been adjusted since the server has quick slots on the bottom and minimap at top right as usual. Otherwise don't recall more objections to the design which is a big plus going for it LOL

1649605741567.png