My First Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=[Demonio]=-

Can Anyone Gimme An Opinion On This Map My Idea Was To Replace The Shops Co-ords So When You Walk Into A Shop On This Map In Takes You Inside The Shop This Map Has Every Shop Inc Storage And Meat Shop But I Need Some Help On The Blue Squares The The Pond And Torch Can Someone Explain To Me How I Delete Them So I Can Have The Full Blue Tiles

Please Rate 1/10 Hopefully You All Like

map2ry.png

-=[Demonio]=-

The Bottom Right Cornr Is For Red Pker's When They Try To use ANY Npc They'll Be Tele'd There And They'll Be An Npc There For When You White or Yellow

This Map Will Be NO Teleport NO Recall NO PositionMove So The Reds Cannot Hide Away :D

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
not bad :agree:

1 thing... the edges on the map have nothing there so when you run to the edge you see black =-/ not very gd for maps tbh...

i dont that mistake so many times already ;P

try and put edges.. e.g cliff,water of a fence so no1 can see the black on the edge.

not a bad map though"

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Don't double post please.

Right, well it doesn't look that good right now. All you have done is taken a ton of houses and put them around the map. The floor is just grass, nothing else, wich looks very plain. You need to work on the grass, add some dead trees, live trees rocks etc. And yes, as someone already said, you need to do something about the edges, as when you walk to the edge you will see blackness.

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
its ****.. sorry but it is, how long did it take you? 1 minute...... do proper maps then come here... as that one is ****.

OoOoOo24

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 30, 2005
Wales~Cardiff
Toxick said:
its ****.. sorry but it is, how long did it take you? 1 minute...... do proper maps then come here... as that one is ****.

i think everyone makes mistakes their 1st try -.-

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
It's alright for a first attempt - at least you've got the wall separating PK area and downtown straight :p

As suggested already, you may want to add more detail to the map, such as borders (and the attributes that are required), more smalelr objects, a greater range of tilesets, and if you want to be really cool - you'll notice that part of your jewelry shop isn't properly in line - that's due to the object being made wrong, but you can actually delete the part that it wrong and replace it with two long vertical strips in the correct place via the 'Object' tab (as oppsed to the 'Object Tileset' you've already familiarised yourself with)

Also, you'll notice that if you look closer at the shops and other objects, you can see that each one is designed for a specific tileset. Try and make it so that the objects always appear on the correct tilesets, as it makes maps look 1000000 times better :)

If you don't get what I mean check these out:

http://clan-tsa.co.uk/images/view1.JPG
http://clan-tsa.co.uk/images/town.JPG

Apologies for low image quality :/

Last edited:

Richens

LOMCN VIP (Mapper)
VIP
Jul 28, 2004
UK - Midlands
Beat me to it Slanesh.

Basicaly rememer that when you walk to the edge of the map you will see black m8. Get some borders/walls/cliffs on the go.

Its your first map though! Keep bringing them on here for us!!!

2/10

Toxick

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 17, 2003
bumping almost a year old thread, with something completly OFF TOPIC.

¬_¬ idiots this forum produces....

Status
Not open for further replies.