Request Need an update been out of the loop for 6 years!

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Hi all, most of you probably won’t know who I am now but I used to run xtreme server phoenix and kaos. We ran for 10 years and powered down just before our first little one was born. Well long story short we are looking at returning to the scene and was hoping someone would be kind enough to let us know what interesting things we have missed out on since then?

we used to run on a slightly custom hybrid set of king files, which I still have, however if I remember rightly those were in locked on the server end so simply pressing go probably isn’t going to cut it now (unless you know differently?)

I’m happy to start again from scratch since we have 10 years worth of scripts we can re-apply slowly

thanks in advance for any insight!
Andy (cheekyvimto)

Reactions: Tai

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Oh hey Tai, nice to know someone I remember is still kicking about!

I’ll have a play and get the zircon files running later today, I’m going to assume they are far different from the old cd and king files in terms of the back end though right?

Reactions: Tai

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Very much different! and I think hard to learn but once you have it'll become easy.

unsure what rate you're thinking off, but med/high rate would suit me personally, don't want to spend another half my life running around mir ;)

Beta test for twice as long as you think, so many servers come up and make massive changes Xenos recently screwed over a fair few players and the UC is showing its effects.

sweetfa

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 30, 2003
UK
OMG.. Hi Andy :D How are you guys. How are you guys doing over there? Nicw to see you its been a long time

/Bo

CheekyVimto

It's my Precious!
Veteran
Mar 8, 2005
Hey Bo! You need to add me on Skype or Facebook we have some catching up to do :D
Post automatically merged:

I will see how the files are and see what we can do with them over this weekend. Although I’d imagine with source access we could finally get some additional features in.

GeluMir3

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 25, 2020
Welcome back Andy, Zircon is the base at the moment but people don't realise how many bugs occur and random client / server crashes.
I still think that GSP is the best files we have and the client runs fine on windows, there is just a 255 level cap.

I am convinced the only reason people try to use Zicon is the fact it has an easy to setup gameshop.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Welcome back Andy, Zircon is the base at the moment but people don't realise how many bugs occur and random client / server crashes.
I still think that GSP is the best files we have and the client runs fine on windows, there is just a 255 level cap.

I am convinced the only reason people try to use Zicon is the fact it has an easy to setup gameshop.
few exploits with people seem to do to slow down new servers aswell, would recommend fixing all the stuff before hand

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003

Gotta love that a few crashes and bugs and instantly want to go back to closed source 15 year old clunky files which can't even level past 255.

No words.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: GeluMir3

GeluMir3

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 25, 2020
Gotta love that a few crashes and bugs and instantly want to go back to closed source 15 year old clunky files which can't even level past 255.

No words.

I'm referring to people who put servers up which end up coming back down within a week, not myself.. GSP and 3.55 are the most stable files period.
Leveling past 255 shouldnt be an issue with the files supporting rebirth and rebirth requirements.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Stability can be fixed, adding new features to a closed source old set of files can't.

Files like gsp should be thrown in the bin so we can finally all move forward to create better files instead of trying to live in the past.

GeluMir3

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 25, 2020
Stability can be fixed, adding new features to a closed source old set of files can't.

Files like gsp should be thrown in the bin so we can finally all move forward to create better files instead of trying to live in the past.

I understand that, but people who put up a server because they're new files do not fix exploits or stability.. thats the point I was making.
Servers that work on the source and fixing things are doing fine

Reactions: Far

CraZyEriK

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jan 23, 2006
Alicante, Spain
wow welcome back cheeky, i remember to play xtreme, with these achivements :P also i was on your forum too, zircon are completly diff from 3.55 or kings, as there's no chance to script npc unless you have some code knowledge