Need help with mir2 on windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganigumo

I've been looking for where to put this post and couldn't decide between mir2 server help or here, but eventually decided to post here. Well, first of all I host a mir2 server on 2.6ghz AMD Athlon processor, 256mb DDR Ram 512mb SDRam, 576kb BB connection. I host and play on the same computer and I have no problems at all, no lag or anything. Recently, when I've run the mir2 client I get to the character select screen, I press OK at the server notice screen and *poof* the client closes and I'm back in windows. Now I'm running on Windows XP and I'm thinking that maybe this is a process of saving virtual memory? Well, this is probably a basic question requiring a basic answer but I don't know what to do. I appreciate any feedback, thanks in advance. :cool:

Last edited:

Hybrid

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2003
Scotland
This is a problem with your server set-up, not your computer. I'm not sure how to fix it. Ask in Mir2 Server Help. :)

urbanfox

No Brag, Just Fact
Legendary
Ganigumo said:
I've been looking for where to put this post and couldn't decide between mir2 server help or here, but eventually decided to post here. Well, first of all I host a mir2 server on 2.6ghz AMD Athlon processor, 256mb DDR Ram 512mb SDRam, 576kb BB connection. I host and play on the same computer and I have no problems at all, no lag or anything. Recently, when I've run the mir2 client I get to the character select screen, I press OK at the server notice screen and *poof* the client closes and I'm back in windows. Now I'm running on Windows XP and I'm thinking that maybe this is a process of saving virtual memory? Well, this is probably a basic question requiring a basic answer but I don't know what to do. I appreciate any feedback, thanks in advance. :cool:

u cant run a 2.6ghz athalon unless u overclock it, even the barton xp versions. and u certainly cant run sdram and ddr at the same time. god dont tell me u bought that ecs ks75a motherboard and put memory in the both the sdram and ddr slots. as for ur problem i had that too when i used to run servers at my school in the lab. it worked if i rebooted but that was a pain. whats ur network settings and how do u run the server ie router interney offline network etc

Ganigumo

sorry I think i phrased it wrongly, my mistake. 256mb DDR ram. Don't even know my own specs sometimes o_O lol

Ganigumo

Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600)
Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2400+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 256MB RAM
Page File: 356MB Used, 262MB Available

Ganigumo

i dunno exactly what you mean by virtual memory settings but i have a 76.3GB HD and i have 24.4GB left

Hybrid

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 18, 2003
Scotland
¤]´)÷¤--§îr Äürøñ--¤÷(`[¤ said:
The client closes because mir.dat and mir.exe are not the same.

Copy your mir.exe into the mir200 directory.

Open !Setup.txt.

Scroll down to ClientFile2=

And change that to..

ClientFile2=mir.exe

The enjoy your server :D

Hehe I knew it was something to do with that and not computer specs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.