.NET 5

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
I started using ASP.NET Core 2.0 recently with MVC model and I have to think to myself why I had not learned about it sooner. I think I will try to stay on top of the .Net technologies, I could have saved myself loads of time and effort.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire

Why not?

Take a look at the link, the main thing is cross-platform although this is already achievable with .NET Core.

I started using ASP.NET Core 2.0 recently with MVC model and I have to think to myself why I had not learned about it sooner. I think I will try to stay on top of the .Net technologies, I could have saved myself loads of time and effort.

I went with ASP.NET MVC (not Core) as part of a course and loved the implementation and layout, EF was wonderful to use as well.

I used .NET Core for the LOMCN Discord Server Status bot (ready for use soon) which runs on Linux (after @Martyn playing around to get it to work, requires addition libraries depending on packages installed)

Reactions: Violent

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Why not?

Take a look at the link, the main thing is cross-platform although this is already achievable with .NET Core.

I did, that's why I ask.

The cross-platorm thing is a joke where if you want to be treated as a first world dev, you have to use Windows.