New Eden V2.

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Assassin was a bit lack Luster was a real struggle to kill monsters until Lv 7 ;)

On a more serious note:

The constant Miss was very frustrating as a warrior.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Having green poison high damage is good but need to be careful as unless Taos get a big aoe spell or aoe pets then green poison lures is all they have to level , need to create a nice middle ground of duration to damage , to far either way ****s it

---------- Post Merged at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:04 PM ----------

I also feel warriors should never miss at low levels , should only become something you need to build to kill bosses.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
I will test tonight and Will be giving curry flavoured feedback!

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
The warriors missing has been addressed, the mobs had too high AC for the level, had them at AC 2-5 originally, been moved to AC 0-1. (I've rebooted and you should notice a positive improvement)

However, you will still occasional miss until you get some Base DC, as it's a RNG between MinDC and MaxDC, and you are bound to roll a 0 sometimes.

I felt like removing the whole Warrior ignore AC thing was a positive thing for balance, as previously AC was basically a useless stat (PVP wise), as even if you had AC 300-300 TDB would cut through it.
But, it's something that will have to be tested and tweaked until we get it right.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
It needed a shake up , leave it as it is and trust your instinct , can always be changed later

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Quite a few fixes all ready -

• Trials Of Virtue Bugged - if ppl dont finish -Fixed
  • Group Scenarios Bugged - if ppl dont finish - Fixed
  • Bossess hit too hard for level range. - Lowered DC/Tweaked AI's
  • Firewall, doesnt last long enouh - Set back to default crystal, still needs increasing though (be done nxt reboot)
  • GreenPoison - dmg seem high - Lowered slightly.
  • SpiritStrike - Damage high against mobs - Changed from 2.5x to 1.5x
  • Warriors TDB/Attack (lower ac on mobs maybe) - Lowered Mob AC and made TDB ignore 30% of AC instead of 50%
  • BlessedNode, not clear when finishing. - added a note to NPC
  • Subs - ET/TC/Septina/TS - Fixed AI's.
  • Wizards/Tao's Carry Weight. - Increased
  • Mobs Hit too Hard in Eden Caves. - Lowered slightly.
  • Lvling curve is too steep - Done - lowered exp needed by 20-30%
  • Quests - Few spelling mistakes corrected

Obviously, It's Beta, so things are still being actively tweaked.

Some good feedback (and some useless), Could do with a few more people testing. 5 people testing for an hour, is the same as me testing for 5 hours.

The main things I want to test atm, are Mob strengths/Item drops/Progression curve.

Last edited:

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Will test tomorrow night properly

---------- Post Merged at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:59 PM ----------

Will test tomorrow night properly

jaffar91

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2011
Hey Nighscare I'm playing tao at the moment. Just died and clicked no to being revived so I coud see my death drop. It wouldnt let me log out of quit and kept saying 'you cannot log out for 10 seconds'.

Not sure if this was caused by poison still being active?

Minor thing but thought I'd mention it.

Server looks great so far

Edit:
Still got 'cannot log for 10 seconds' well after poison ran out. Had to force close client

aRKY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2009
CD - I will be able to give it some of my time tonight bud

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Nice to find a server with actual custom content so it doesn't feel like yet another clone. I played earlier for a little while and did find the start on a warrior a struggle; need to spam HP pots to kill the starter mobs as I seem to take a lot of damage, also the weapon stats progression seems very minimal.

+1 for the custom content, looking forward to the improvements throughout beta.

Reactions: aRKY

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Nice to find a server with actual custom content so it doesn't feel like yet another clone. I played earlier for a little while and did find the start on a warrior a struggle; need to spam HP pots to kill the starter mobs as I seem to take a lot of damage, also the weapon stats progression seems very minimal.

+1 for the custom content, looking forward to the improvements throughout beta.

Thanks.

Appreciate everyone's work, could do with some more testers though!

Reactions: aRKY

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Also having issues with randomly having to force close the client when I die. Usually while I’m killing something

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Also having issues with randomly having to force close the client when I die. Usually while I’m killing something

I think thats hust the way crystal works?
if u dont click revive u have to force close, ive noticed it but i just always click revive.

Might be slight delay on moving to next phase, few boss AI's need ironing out.

I'd also like to point out, this is a Low rate, so bear that in mind.......

Last edited:

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
I think thats hust the way crystal works?
if u dont click revive u have to force close, ive noticed it but i just always click revive.

Might be slight delay on moving to next phase, few boss AI's need ironing out.

I'd also like to point out, this is a Low rate, so bear that in mind.......

You could add a 30 second force revive or something. Are you getting the hang of this coding work now?

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
You could add a 30 second force revive or something. Are you getting the hang of this coding work now?

Meh ish.

I'm used to bash/php so I kinda know what I'm doing, but never really worked on a project of this size/complexity before.

---------- Post Merged at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:01 PM ----------

I'll do you a favour and actually log on this sunday when I've got some time spare and give you an actual test server feedback, to the quality of Koriban Emporium Inc no less.

Fear not, mine shall include paragraphs and be well punctuated.

Were is my bloody feedback?

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Meh ish.

I'm used to bash/php so I kinda know what I'm doing, but never really worked on a project of this size/complexity before.

---------- Post Merged at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Were is my bloody feedback?

Tbh once you know the fundamentals of one language it makes it easier to pick up another. I'm learning Python now so I can work on some neural networks. Who knows I might be able to create a self learning AI that can play Mir :p

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Tbh once you know the fundamentals of one language it makes it easier to pick up another. I'm learning Python now so I can work on some neural networks. Who knows I might be able to create a self learning AI that can play Mir :p

You're too stupid to do that.

Stage 2 is live, NPC in duskin/eden to give you levels/kit

Status
Not open for further replies.