new game making company

Join Discord

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
lol, i could make an MMORPG in a week by myself, but they havent released realm crafter yet. For those not in the know realm crafter is a 3D MMORPG engine which is in development, and even noobie teams like these will be able to make half arsed MMORPG's with a simple visual interface.

People with more intelligence and skill can buy a pro version which gives tham source code etc so the can add to and improve the engine as they wish.

IF you want more information go to www.realmcrafter.com no need for programmers fpor the noobie one, but if you want to be original you will need a 3D modeller, and a programmer.

thankfully its expensive enough that only rich noobs will get it and i pray to god it doesnt get warez'ed cos it will be like alphafrozen, except that it will destroy a portion of the entire MMORPG community.

AriaQ

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 8, 2004
UK
This might look n00beh but you have to start some where... maybe school and then on to Uni would be a better idea.
And I would start of small making simple project with c/c++ and OpenGL (or what ever)
And plus if you havnt got the funding to got a domain you can not posibly make a hole MMORPG... can you?

Biohazard

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Apr 21, 2003
Salem, Oregon
Atomicide said:
lol, i could make an MMORPG in a week by myself, but they havent released realm crafter yet. For those not in the know realm crafter is a 3D MMORPG engine which is in development, and even noobie teams like these will be able to make half arsed MMORPG's with a simple visual interface.

People with more intelligence and skill can buy a pro version which gives tham source code etc so the can add to and improve the engine as they wish.

IF you want more information go to www.realmcrafter.com no need for programmers fpor the noobie one, but if you want to be original you will need a 3D modeller, and a programmer.

thankfully its expensive enough that only rich noobs will get it and i pray to god it doesnt get warez'ed cos it will be like alphafrozen, except that it will destroy a portion of the entire MMORPG community.

Damn, that looks nice. Any idea on how much it will be?

Atomicide

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 4, 2003
Biohazard said:
Damn, that looks nice. Any idea on how much it will be?

At the moment the price the devs have published is $55 for the standard version and $110 for the pro version (which gives you the source etc)

However you are responsible for developing your won models (they supply you with a basic library which will support the game) but tbh with either version you will need to be able to create your own unique models to set yourself apart from the rest.

also a company called Kaneva (google them to find the site) have released something along these lines for free. I d/ling it but it made no sense to me whatsoever, so i deleted it and played on GunZ instead.