New Holley Server!!

smoochy boys on tour

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
We like them.

Same question could be ask to anyone here. Why do you play Mir with all those new games out there?

People play Mir for Nostalgia, not many games after really had the same feel Mir2 did.

I played Ignis Euro Mir3 for a few weeks and Holley files do not give any Nostalgia from that simply because you're playing on a set of files that you're lucky to get 20 FPS out of, it's like playing a SlideShow with way more stress than Enjoyment, i mean 5 years ago i get it, now Zircon files are out why are they even talked about anymore.

Every person who try's to run a Holley server you have to get A VM or Re-install an Ancient Operating system just to get above 10 FPS, why on earth would you want to do that when there files that run flawlessly at 60FPS.

It's like somebody using AlphaFrozen as a base for Mir2 server these days.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
People play Mir for Nostalgia, not many games after really had the same feel Mir2 did.

I played Ignis Euro Mir3 for a few weeks and Holley files do not give any Nostalgia from that simply because you're playing on a set of files that you're lucky to get 20 FPS out of, it's like playing a SlideShow with way more stress than Enjoyment, i mean 5 years ago i get it, now Zircon files are out why are they even talked about anymore.

Every person who try's to run a Holley server you have to get A VM or Re-install an Ancient Operating system just to get above 10 FPS, why on earth would you want to do that when there files that run flawlessly at 60FPS.

It's like somebody using AlphaFrozen as a base for Mir2 server these days.

I do play Holley for nostalgia. Even if Zircon are better I still like Holley. I like the old skills and how everything was. Simple as that.

I have to use a VM anyway as my daily os is Ubuntu. I have ready to go virtual drives with XP and Windows 7 just in case I want to play mir or I need to test anything. It's just click and go. The VM is up in several seconds, I play the game and then shut it off.

Reactions: XloverBoy7X

SiposN

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2011
I really prefer holley rather than king or zircon without a doubt ... But there are many zircon and holley, I wanted to make king since it has been used very little on servers, it has bugs and bugs that I am gradually solving.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
As a mir 2 mod i dont see the issue.

Multiple accounts - against the rules and something we are cracking down on with issues we seen recently with people getting made untrustworthy i banned the user GuildMaster for the same.

Server ad - needs to go in the server ad section and needs to have the correct details. Like even the other day i missed that Iceman hadnt provided 2 necessary pieces of info needed and Tai posted saying would be required or server ad removed.

Long story short any actions taking against you is evidence that you can see yourself with my above examples that they have been taking against others so is not personal.

When you use the forums you are agreeing to use them under the ruleset given and as there is clear these rules are enforced on others is no discrimination against you personally hence no legal grounds to stand on in my personal opinon.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I really prefer holley rather than king or zircon without a doubt ... But there are many zircon and holley, I wanted to make king since it has been used very little on servers, it has bugs and bugs that I am gradually solving.

There is only one holley server, which is Darkside and it's a low rate.

Kings isn't used because it sucks and there is a lot of stuff you can't solve without recoding and there's no source. I think you would have more success with a high rate Holley.

SiposN

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2011
I will think about that holley option, but high rates. I have just been seeing the king's code and it's pretty badly done, they link nonsense and make weird jumps.

idaBigA

Holley Mir 3!!
VIP
Oct 28, 2003
Stoke, UK
There is only one holley server, which is Darkside and it's a low rate.

Kings isn't used because it sucks and there is a lot of stuff you can't solve without recoding and there's no source. I think you would have more success with a high rate Holley.

And Sting3G :)