New Sdo Mir2 Global Server

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
It will be early access, But just to make things clear this will be International? (Chinese / Korean) Not actually English.

And anyone can have a snda account, for anyone wondering.

I have 3 accounts that I use to play snda Mir3 but you get lag and everything is Chinese.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
It will be early access, But just to make things clear this will be International? (Chinese / Korean) Not actually English.

And anyone can have a snda account, for anyone wondering.

I have 3 accounts that I use to play snda Mir3 but you get lag and everything is Chinese.

No lagg when i play woool.

Just gone on the least populated server.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

Azura

Mir3 Coder & Adviser
Mar 12, 2005
I see it has the same 'download images while you play' crap.

Making graphics missing and flash on and off screen -.-

And autorun, no hit delay and hp digits. Its an official kings(like) server.

Doobie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2005
Wow, this is really exciting... Hope this happens.
Also, that video of the archers I assume is one of the 3 (I think Shanda do have 3 different Mir2 servers, as they actually have developing rights for the Legend of Mir brand and can modify the game and its engine all they like) current Shanda Mir2 versions right? Looks like current Mir2 graphics maybe with some Mir3 16bit objects in there.

Also, does anyone know Chinese well enough to actually know whether or not this version will be released Globally? Or maybe even e-mail Shanda asking the question if their news post doesn't confirm it.

If not I might be able to ask an Asian dude to confirm it for us (if I throw him some PayPal dollah :P )

Jesus

Banned
Banned
Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Chinese servers are always fun to play for about a week or so, and then they become very difficult to actually compete.

Your also all forgetting how many bots and cheats are actually in all of SDO games.

I miss mir :(

morphios87

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2012
really do hope they bring this out!! anymore info about it anyone?? Mir2 needs to kick off in Europe again!

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
In China definitely.
Overseas in an English client, **** knows. Would steal my life if it did I'd imagine.

Just China and Korea versions are being made.

There is no way Mir will re open over here again, Huge user base in China and Korea for games like Mir but over here it's got no chance anymore.

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011

There is no way Mir will re open over here again, Huge user base in China and Korea for games like Mir but over here it's got no chance anymore.

There's about a thousand members logging on here every 24 hours, i'd say they could set-up a tiny server for us to make it feasible lol. Then maybe it would bring this community together in-game instead of across 5 different servers.

Doobie

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 28, 2005

If the game was kept updated like the CN and KR versions, ran by a competant company, AND it was this new jizz-in-your-pants new version of Mir, it would definitely retain more than enough players to be profitable. I remember having to log off of Dragon server and play on Pheonix because D was too packed back in the day when original Mir2 was considered a good quality game (for the time I mean)!

If it was launched over here it would definitely do well. Hell Mir3 would've done well if it was kept updated. I know I wouldn't of quit anyway.

Look at how many people in the west play Conquer and Eudemons currently, hell even Diablo3 (I saw Mir as an upgrade to Diablo 2 back in the day), then combine that with the fact that the server code isn't leaked, so no private servers.

It would definitely do very well, there is no 2.5D MMO up to the standards of that version of Mir currently.

Suppose the only problem is, if it was released over here we'd see the likes of WeMade.net (NOT the same company as the Korean developers for anyone who doesn't already know) or JoyMax publishing it. Eurgh. I'd still lap it up in an instant though.

morphios87

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2012
Because we are all just dreaming about someone taking it over and it taking over our lives again....This isnt going to happen.
i think we need to start pushing someone to make a professional Euro mir style private server. Same exp rates, drop rates and items stats etc...

I think this would take off a storm

Snufkin

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jan 27, 2011
Because we are all just dreaming about someone taking it over and it taking over our lives again....This isnt going to happen.
i think we need to start pushing someone to make a professional Euro mir style private server. Same exp rates, drop rates and items stats etc...

I think this would take off a storm
If coders on here all got together and worked on Ruby that could happen but everybody is split up and across various servers.

morphios87

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2012
I know its a lot of time and dedication, but i personally think it would be very much worth it