New Server Discussion

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
So we've been working on a medium rate server (fell off a bit recently) and wanted to get feedback on the features, it's a very high level overview, and feedback or suggestions to improve the server, as it is the final in the trilogy!

It's not a server advert, again just want to give info to open a discussion, as ultimately, it's a server for people to enjoy.

Rate: Medium
Level: 80 Soft Cap - 85 Hard Cap
Classes: Assassin, Warrior, Wizard, Taoist

Core Features

Attributes

When you hit the soft cap (which is -5 from the hard cap) you can choose to use any gained EXP to gain attribute points.
the more points you earn, the more exp is needed for the next one, you can get ANY stat with these points, but each stat is weighted and has increased requirement

So +1DC may cost you 3 points up to +5 DC then the next bracket may cost you 6 points per +DC

PvP EXP Stealing
Killing players steals exp off of that player (players can't delvl)
We can cap the min and max amount you can steal from a kill (from 0-100%) - the actual value is RNG.
We can also restrict it to certain maps or make it global

Killing low levels will net you no real EXP as you may steal 1% of 100exp if you kill a level 1 who is at 99% into his level.

World Map
We have a main town as the hub, and world map to navigate to your desired caves, these can all be open or restricted by level or item requirements.
We want it to be fast paced, not running around everywhere.
Limited caves like Mystery Cave, Boss lands etc will have other access methods.

Quality Orbs & Quality System
Items can drop any grade; no grade, common, rare, legendary, mythic, godly (rng drop chance)
We have also made it so we can dictate a minimum drop value, so bosses can drop common items, but at a minimum grade.

Each grade has a minimum increase in stats, so you will always get improvements on grade ups.
Using orbs (including a force downgrade orb) allows you to maximize your items potential, as your previous grades stats are saved.
> So if you have an attackspeed 3 rare ring, it goes to legendary and rolls crap, you can downgrade it back to the stats it had, allowing for really indepth min/maxing of items

Item Pets
Loot pets pick up items dropped by mobs automatically within a range of themselves.
Pets level over time when they are used, which give the player stats when hitting certain levels.
You have pots to re-roll these stats again to min/max the value you get from your pig.

Additional Stats
New stats have been added to help influence play style, Ice, Fire, Force among them.
Example: Fire will work better on some spells then stacking flat MC, and also unlock additional benefits if you hit certain fire+ values.
However it has no increase effect on other types of spells.

Additional Skill Levels
Skills now go to level 5.
4 is hidden behind a skill quest.
5 is obtained by a different method.
Additional skill levels allow us not only to make some skills have a much smoother damage curve, but also unlock new effects when you get level 5!

Nobility System
Got a lot of Gold? hold your nobility rank by donating cash to the system.
Rank 1-3 get the Gold Noble Buff
Rank 4-16 Get the Silver Noble Buff
17-30 Get the Bronze Noble Buff

The rankings are reset weekly, to allow everyone to have their chances.
We've also added when you die you lose a % of your nobility worth, after all, nobles shouldn't die...

Achievement System
Self explanatory, more in-depth achievements have better rewards

Shard Collection
Collect Fragments, shards and other unique materials for this system to unlock one time rewards.
> All parts are tradeable
> materials have very specific mobs that drop them or areas to obtain them

Mob improvements
Mobs level from 0-7 are in, 6 is like a sub boss, 7 is equivalent of a boss
Subs and Bosses have guaranteed drops, with minimum grade drops to always make them rewarding for that area

Hunt Points
Gain these 1 per minute of out of safe zone gameplay (kill a mob to redeem the built up points)
This is the only source for these, however rewards reflect the effort - this allows us to easily manage if you get 60 an hour, you need to grind X time to get Y item.

Big thing is not over doing it on how many additional things are in mir (adding stuff for the sake of adding it), and stripping it from some of its nostalgia, as that's why we mainly play it!

Kakashi

AMATERASU
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2014
What are the details to the PvP/PK Feature?

Only Pk counts or also PvP kills?
Does it count when enemy first hits?
What if you get ressed from item or hero and die again you can lose exp again?
Did you think of Players which dont like PvP and just like PvE, they will quit the game very fast after getting PKd a few times PLUS loosing EXP.

I would kill everyone even low lvls for that feeling of getting their EXP - insane :P you only benefit murders in your ecosystem, think of it!

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
What are the details to the PvP/PK Feature?

Only Pk counts or also PvP kills?
Does it count when enemy first hits?
What if you get ressed from item or hero and die again you can lose exp again?
Did you think of Players which dont like PvP and just like PvE, they will quit the game very fast after getting PKd a few times PLUS loosing EXP.

I would kill everyone even low lvls for that feeling of getting their EXP - insane :p you only benefit murders in your ecosystem, think of it!
So its any kill, I'd probably look to make it so if the brown, yellow or red player will have a higher loss of exp range, so say if max a normal player can lose is 50%, the instigator can lose up to 100%.

We can add a cd on players but if they then start a fight the buff is removed.

This is one of the features I'd like feedback on, as I don't want a pve server, I want a good mix and I like having the motive to fight each other your level, I think there is a level range cap on it so we can increase or lower that, so if a 50 kills a 30 they don't get any exp

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
So its any kill, I'd probably look to make it so if the brown, yellow or red player will have a higher loss of exp range, so say if max a normal player can lose is 50%, the instigator can lose up to 100%.

We can add a cd on players but if they then start a fight the buff is removed.

This is one of the features I'd like feedback on, as I don't want a pve server, I want a good mix and I like having the motive to fight each other your level, I think there is a level range cap on it so we can increase or lower that, so if a 50 kills a 30 they don't get any exp
I had this system in Nexus last year and I'm planning on improving on it in Nexus v2. Below is how I had it set and didn't have too many people complaining about it. Only feedback I had on it was the victim losing all of their exp (But thats what TT's and RT's are for?)

If you PK someone who is brown then their exp is set to 0% and you gain 25% of their overall EXP. Their exp = 1000 then you'd gain 250 exp
If you PK someone who is yellow then their exp is set to 0% and you gain 50% of their overall EXP. Their exp = 1000 then you'd gain 500 exp
If you PK someone who is Red then their exp is set to 0% and you gain 75% of their overall EXP. Their exp = 1000 then you'd gain 750 exp

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Sounds like a mash up of Mir3/Mir2 with the pet stats / Special stats / level 4/5 skills, i personally dont think it fits into Mir2 but thats just me. please no more ******* shards / slotting its so aids and takes away the Mir feel completely.

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
I had this system in Nexus last year and I'm planning on improving on it in Nexus v2. Below is how I had it set and didn't have too many people complaining about it. Only feedback I had on it was the victim losing all of their exp (But thats what TT's and RT's are for?)

If you PK someone who is brown then their exp is set to 0% and you gain 25% of their overall EXP. Their exp = 1000 then you'd gain 250 exp
If you PK someone who is yellow then their exp is set to 0% and you gain 50% of their overall EXP. Their exp = 1000 then you'd gain 500 exp
If you PK someone who is Red then their exp is set to 0% and you gain 75% of their overall EXP. Their exp = 1000 then you'd gain 750 exp
On the original Euro Mir, you would lose body luck for pking outside a fight zone.

Is this also going to be a feature ?

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
On the original Euro Mir, you would lose body luck for pking outside a fight zone.

Is this also going to be a feature ?
I believe you already lose weapon luck when PKing? is this what you're on about? I never played Euro servers

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
I believe you already lose weapon luck when PKing? is this what you're on about? I never played Euro servers
Weapon luck definitely. Curse adds to weapons too.

That is why we were equipped with PK weapons.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Sounds like a mash up of Mir3/Mir2 with the pet stats / Special stats / level 4/5 skills, i personally dont think it fits into Mir2 but thats just me. please no more ******* shards / slotting its so aids and takes away the Mir feel completely.
Shards / Slotting?

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Basically theres a NPC, you either pay GG/Gold and can roll either 1-3 slots on every item, then each item has shard that can go in them ( Exp/Drop/Crit/Mc/Sc/Slow etc etc )
think thats just apoc

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Basically theres a NPC, you either pay GG/Gold and can roll either 1-3 slots on every item, then each item has shard that can go in them ( Exp/Drop/Crit/Mc/Sc/Slow etc etc )
Oh we have sockets, but not really delved into that side of things, dont think I will either as I can just make items stats better overall, who knows but not on my agenda to use them on this server

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
think thats just apoc
It's literally from OldSkool lol.. just wasnt a GG option.

When are people going to learn Apoc v2 is nothing to-do with Apoc v1 besides the team, it's a mismash of Paragon ( Hanys old server) e.g the paragon system and Oldskool ( the last one )

**** knows why they went with the name Apoc v2 it baffles me a little, its literally all Hanys work from past servers pretty much **** all new but the Mob rework and a few new skins.

It's not a bad system just the fact you could 3slot an item for around 50ps worth of GG or 2342342342342million gold so players without GG in season 1 had no chance of ever 3 slotting their items and its mandatory there or you just lose massive amount of stats, their tiering system is a joke though, legit spend more Tiering your item to tier 3 than you do on the actual item and its borderline worse if you get an item drop because you think oh wow ive got this super rare item, then you have to farm gold for 3 weeks to tier it up xD

I'd love to know what sort of money they've made of that server 2.40£ per 1hour exp pot (reminder every season your paragon resets and you need to do 5 extra levels ontop ) Each Season your Mount gets made useless because they put a new one in with way better stats the latest one is 13£ lol, on Season 1 i knew over 5+ people who spent 50£+ on GG just to roll their PotentStone to 3 slot, i thought Bens server were money hungry until i played here, now the Team have completely Ghosted everybody for weeks, beside 1 completely disgusting patch ( 1 cave ) Diablo did jump in discord the other day and say hes not giving up but the other 3 just couldn't give a flying **** in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pusha

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Question is when! 😵

Ha, well we've starting to properly work on it, I did the base DB work awhile ago, so we're working on what we can where.

Still torn whether to do include sins, as we have a lot of cool new spells created for 3 classes so would need to really spice Sins up

Reactions: deano13

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
I'd love to know what sort of money they've made of that server 2.40£ per 1hour exp pot (reminder every season your paragon resets and you need to do 5 extra levels ontop ) Each Season your Mount gets made useless because they put a new one in with way better stats the latest one is 13£ lol, on Season 1 i knew over 5+ people who spent 50£+ on GG just to roll their PotentStone to 3 slot, i thought Bens server were money hungry until i played here, now the Team have completely Ghosted everybody for weeks, beside 1 completely disgusting patch ( 1 cave ) Diablo did jump in discord the other day and say hes not giving up but the other 3 just couldn't give a flying **** in my opinion.
I played this server for about 2 weeks and then realised exactly what was going on.

Told the lads not to waste their money as it was so obvious it wasn't going to last 5 minutes.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I played this server for about 2 weeks and then realised exactly what was going on.

Told the lads not to waste their money as it was so obvious it wasn't going to last 5 minutes.
It's what put me off a bit, as I dont mind contributing to servers, as it helps me keep up as I dont have the time to invest to play hardcore.

But paying that amount for an exp pot was quite big.

Reactions: Pusha

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
It's literally from OldSkool lol.. just wasnt a GG option.

When are people going to learn Apoc v2 is nothing to-do with Apoc v1 besides the team, it's a mismash of Paragon ( Hanys old server) e.g the paragon system and Oldskool ( the last one )

Well that part is reminiscent of v1 anyway...

Reactions: guofeng000