new server

smoochy boys on tour

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
My main issue with HRs is it just always feels like the server is rushed (never played a good HR) and you tend to hit content walls pretty damn quickly, as you just storm through most things.

High Rate's peaked on 1.4 / 1.9 ledu imo, only Bon and a few others have presented a decent high rate on the newer files.

I'd still Play WeOwn or ChikoWa / Insomnia over any of today's servers.

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
high rates doesn't have to be rushed to get items and levels, items can still be rare but easy-ish to get... Like 3h about 4-5 years ago it was fun, easy ish leveling.. getting levels by Pking people, items was rare to get but easy in a way, would take like 3-6 days to get full kit set. i loved 3h, only if, it managed to come back ill love to play again, was a successful server until 1 of the GMs took everything away..

Megon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2010
My main issue with HRs is it just always feels like the server is rushed (never played a good HR) and you tend to hit content walls pretty damn quickly, as you just storm through most things.

Well trust me your server would have had at least double the UC if it was HR, as been explained several times HR gives the player more of chances to feel the progress he is making as simple as making the player feels the levels itself, an advantage of skills like dash etc. a wider variety of kit actually like as an example rather than grinding a month to make 10 levels, and the kit for that level I was trying to reach I can simply hit 10 levels a week and already have some of the kit of that level, then hit another 10 with a mix of the kit I was hunting already and a kit for the level I am trying to make now you see that is the progress we all are talking about.

About the rushing matter a Med rate is always the best for that, where the server starts for example a cap of 60 where its achieved within 3 weeks aprox, then lifted to 80 then 100 then 120 and so on if its a heavy server it will take years to change into a high rate and times come for a rebirth option a soloution when it happens. Plus the stats never meant to be high anyway I mean not because a warrior is level 100 the dc must be 2k, stats are easily controlled by the GM since you just reduce the stats for players and mobs and a pretty basic equation.

I hope that sums up why people now are always asking about HR server and hating LR, plus and am saying most not all of players are sick of judgement maces and steel arm yeah nice vintage but come on its like you're playing pokemon fire red again now, I mean how many times have you finished it already for a vintage lol.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Well trust me your server would have had at least double the UC if it was HR, as been explained several times HR gives the player more of chances to feel the progress he is making as simple as making the player feels the levels itself, an advantage of skills like dash etc. a wider variety of kit actually like as an example rather than grinding a month to make 10 levels, and the kit for that level I was trying to reach I can simply hit 10 levels a week and already have some of the kit of that level, then hit another 10 with a mix of the kit I was hunting already and a kit for the level I am trying to make now you see that is the progress we all are talking about.

About the rushing matter a Med rate is always the best for that, where the server starts for example a cap of 60 where its achieved within 3 weeks aprox, then lifted to 80 then 100 then 120 and so on if its a heavy server it will take years to change into a high rate and times come for a rebirth option a soloution when it happens. Plus the stats never meant to be high anyway I mean not because a warrior is level 100 the dc must be 2k, stats are easily controlled by the GM since you just reduce the stats for players and mobs and a pretty basic equation.

I hope that sums up why people now are always asking about HR server and hating LR, plus and am saying most not all of players are sick of judgement maces and steel arm yeah nice vintage but come on its like you're playing pokemon fire red again now, I mean how many times have you finished it already for a vintage lol.
Perhaps, I personally prefer Med Rates as you get the best of both worlds.
I would love to do a HR but wouldn't know where to begin with rates of 'rare' items etc.

To me a server just needs a good reward system in place for levels, rather than grinding from 33-40 to wear an armour, or 40-45 to wear an armour you may or may not get in a month.
There needs to be a lot more variety in items, across more levels, instead of gaps of 26 wep, then a 33 wep.
There could be common 26,29,31,33 weapons, then rare equivalents, so the 26 rare == 29 common stats etc. (or better)

I have the capacity to create a HR with caves that could span for aaageees, but i just dont have the confidence in delivering a HR server that people would want (as I have never properly played one myself)

Megon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2010
Perhaps, I personally prefer Med Rates as you get the best of both worlds.
I would love to do a HR but wouldn't know where to begin with rates of 'rare' items etc.

To me a server just needs a good reward system in place for levels, rather than grinding from 33-40 to wear an armour, or 40-45 to wear an armour you may or may not get in a month.
There needs to be a lot more variety in items, across more levels, instead of gaps of 26 wep, then a 33 wep.
There could be common 26,29,31,33 weapons, then rare equivalents, so the 26 rare == 29 common stats etc. (or better)

I have the capacity to create a HR with caves that could span for aaageees, but i just dont have the confidence in delivering a HR server that people would want (as I have never properly played one myself)

That's a very small issue with many solutions to pick your favorite of, lets take Ben's servers as a resource as he's the best at balancing those HR stuff, the variety of kits most of Ben's server had the same sequence, a Standard kit each 10/20 levels, a legendary kit which requires low level to wear and beats the next 3 sets of standard kits in terms of stats, sometimes you also add a god set which needs level 1 to wear and has the best stats in-game and obviously massive rare that having 2-3 items of this on you considers you the best kitted player in-game.

And every now and then you can add a special set as well such as BG kit in OldSkool which everyone did wear even if it wasn't the best stats but because it gave you a boost of 5k HP or something like that, PVP sets like wrath/relentless in 4h and things like that to add more and more of a variety.

That sums up your variety in items, and the progress of med/highrate as you still can feel your leveling progress by actually leveling up not just making few % of your level.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
That's a very small issue with many solutions to pick your favorite of, lets take Ben's servers as a resource as he's the best at balancing those HR stuff, the variety of kits most of Ben's server had the same sequence, a Standard kit each 10/20 levels, a legendary kit which requires low level to wear and beats the next 3 sets of standard kits in terms of stats, sometimes you also add a god set which needs level 1 to wear and has the best stats in-game and obviously massive rare that having 2-3 items of this on you considers you the best kitted player in-game.

And every now and then you can add a special set as well such as BG kit in OldSkool which everyone did wear even if it wasn't the best stats but because it gave you a boost of 5k HP or something like that, PVP sets like wrath/relentless in 4h and things like that to add more and more of a variety.

That sums up your variety in items, and the progress of med/highrate as you still can feel your leveling progress by actually leveling up not just making few % of your level.

Hmm interesting stuff, I just quite curious to what successful HR's rates were like in terms of exp (level progression, you could get to 0-60 in a week 61-90 in a week etc etc)
Rare items were like 1/50 from bosses
Legendary 1/70 from bosses
(but bosses would die and spawn more, so would the rates be considerably lower)

All the confusions of a HR.
If I had played one, I could get a feel for what feels right but it'd be a complete guessing game for me, and on top of that, beta testers wouldn't actually help with that, they would find areas that are OP and keep them quiet lol

Megon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2010
Hmm interesting stuff, I just quite curious to what successful HR's rates were like in terms of exp (level progression, you could get to 0-60 in a week 61-90 in a week etc etc)
Rare items were like 1/50 from bosses
Legendary 1/70 from bosses
(but bosses would die and spawn more, so would the rates be considerably lower)

All the confusions of a HR.
If I had played one, I could get a feel for what feels right but it'd be a complete guessing game for me, and on top of that, beta testers wouldn't actually help with that, they would find areas that are OP and keep them quiet lol

It is based first on many things before throwing the drop rates those are the questions:
How many bosses can drop this item?
How long does it take for this boss to respawn?
How easy it is to kill the boss? Is it soloable, group hunting?
How hard is it to reach the boss? Was it a long road? You can RT to the boss or it was a running cave?

After answering all that the drop rate is calculated.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
high rate, low rate, mid rate...

its just numbers it means nothing really what you see in game, it all boils down to the amount of content and activities in game during levels to make sure
the player doesn't feel bored.

Not true.

Low rate = 2 weeks of pissing about killing omas and all the boring parts are dragged out - Yes this can be changed but no one does it.
High rate - 2 minutes and your level 40 with all your euro skills and items.

No one wants to redo omacave with a wooden sword for the 5000th time.
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

What if a server the server had such a huge veriety of items and spells that waiting for a great axe and tdb wasn't an issue? Does anyone really want to be grinding for the same old **** they have done before?

That would be fine also.

Last person to do that.....was me.

Maverick

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 8, 2013
Not true.

Low rate = 2 weeks of pissing about killing omas and all the boring parts are dragged out - Yes this can be changed but no one does it.
High rate - 2 minutes and your level 40 with all your euro skills and items.

No one wants to redo omacave with a wooden sword for the 5000th time.
well your wrong there, did you play valk v1?
valk was a custom rate i thought.. you had low rate stats, with gaining levels at a higher pace as i remember people explaining all the time 1 normal lvl was 2 lvls on valk. so you was giving alittle to both high rate and low rate players

and valk fast tracked you threw the lower levels with the questing, which for people that hate the grind got them to a decent level. i failed valk as im a grinder and not a quester. if you tried to grind the start of valk you just got nowhere compared to the questers. the trick to this system for someone like me is for a grinder to get a char off of a quester after the quester hit the grind and quit.

or ofc just be decent at both grinding and questing. but i play mir as when i started playing it was an easy grinder like no other in english. with the community getting smaller and smaller the low and high rate players have to play the same servers or you just wont get a decent usercount. so you need to blend the likes together, its not as easy as saying meet in the middle with a med rate. i do like the custom rate term valk used as he tried to blend the likes of both.

in the end what some people say kill mir, in reality is people in the community that like just that thing. like people that cry p2w servers, is a larger amount of people willing to spend money on mir than they think. if you think people are buying advantages in any server you are just silly, just depends if the server team is getting the money or other players.... is other things people say kill mir but thats one i see all the time so i used as example (dont turn this into a p2w debate please lol)

i will leave now screaming **** QUESTS!!!!!!! lol

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
valk was a custom rate i thought.. you had low rate stats, with gaining levels at a higher pace as i remember people explaining all the time 1 normal lvl was 2 lvls on valk. so you was giving alittle to both high rate and low rate players

and valk fast tracked you threw the lower levels with the questing, which for people that hate the grind got them to a decent level. i failed valk as im a grinder and not a quester. if you tried to grind the start of valk you just got nowhere compared to the questers. the trick to this system for someone like me is for a grinder to get a char off of a quester after the quester hit the grind and quit.

or ofc just be decent at both grinding and questing. but i play mir as when i started playing it was an easy grinder like no other in english. with the community getting smaller and smaller the low and high rate players have to play the same servers or you just wont get a decent usercount. so you need to blend the likes together, its not as easy as saying meet in the middle with a med rate. i do like the custom rate term valk used as he tried to blend the likes of both.

in the end what some people say kill mir, in reality is people in the community that like just that thing. like people that cry p2w servers, is a larger amount of people willing to spend money on mir than they think. if you think people are buying advantages in any server you are just silly, just depends if the server team is getting the money or other players.... is other things people say kill mir but thats one i see all the time so i used as example (dont turn this into a p2w debate please lol)

i will leave now screaming **** QUESTS!!!!!!! lol

Quests was only good for a short time, grinders will always be on top.