Suggestion new server

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
It wasn't a bug, it was caused by THEIR coding. People have done far far worse but they are still allowed to advertise.

We are a dying community, so we should be welcoming any servers - not just the ones you think are worthy enough .

What is a bug if not caused by peoples coding? What else would it be caused by?

You don't stack a shelf with moldy bread and tell customers "At least you have bread" do you? Customers are not just going to pick up the mouldy bread either...you will either look for the one loaf that isn't moldy or you find another shop all together or wait until they replace the whole shelf so you don't have to accidentally come across the fresh looking loaf that has mold on the inside.

If "any servers" consists of cash cow bullshit, then I would rather just not play Mir again lol. You can think all you like that you are helping a "dying community" but you aren't, you make it worse. You are the mold of this forum.

I've patiently been avoiding your mold since the middle of 2020, I am likely 1 of many...yet somehow you all seem to think this is good for the community...sure!

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
What is a bug if not caused by peoples coding? What else would it be caused by?

You don't stack a shelf with moldy bread and tell customers "At least you have bread" do you? Customers are not just going to pick up the mouldy bread either...you will either look for the one loaf that isn't moldy or you find another shop all together or wait until they replace the whole shelf so you don't have to accidentally come across the fresh looking loaf that has mold on the inside.

If "any servers" consists of cash cow bullshit, then I would rather just not play Mir again lol. You can think all you like that you are helping a "dying community" but you aren't, you make it worse. You are the mold of this forum.

I've patiently been avoiding your mold since the middle of 2020, I am likely 1 of many...yet somehow you all seem to think this is good for the community...sure!
I completely agree, I've played Mir servers for years and loved it. Up until late 2019 when I stopped. I got tiered of the bs. To get that same Mir enjoyment I used to I just sit here tweaking server files.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I completely agree, I've played Mir servers for years and loved it. Up until late 2019 when I stopped. I got tiered of the bs. To get that same Mir enjoyment I used to I just sit here tweaking server files.

Last one I played was Sanj's server, given the actual effort he's put in. Before that, it was Zeds/Zircon...again, considering the efforts and the new file sets.

But we're talking 1 server average a year, if that...the rest of the time I just browse or don't visit because i'm well aware of what is mainly on this forum. But it's fine...assuming what is inside the upcoming section with pretty good accuracy without even looking is clearly good for the community :D

The only time I seem to play servers at the moment, is when I hear about them through some other means. Jamie for example I know is working on Sapphire Mir2 and making good progress with a different take on stats etc.

Reactions: zedina

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
The only time I seem to play servers at the moment, is when I hear about them through some other means. Jamie for example I know is working on Sapphire Mir2 and making good progress with a different take on stats etc.
First announced on lomcn discord, when you're done shitting on us 💩

• Haha
Reactions: zedina

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
First announced on lomcn discord, when you're done shitting on us 💩

Still doesn't change the fact I find out about the server through some other means...but to further prove my point, i'm not even on the LOMCN discord, so it was still through means other than LOMCN sources.

Either way I wasn't shitting on anything, it's just a simple fact that the Upcoming section is full of **** and steers people away...You can't refuse to do something about it, then complain that we notice it or voice the fact that it's ****. I was actually only talking about that one section...

I actually have no idea if the LOMCN discord is any improvement...I have admittedly made the assumption, that because you refuse to monitor it here, then you would also not monitor it there...can you even "advertise" in that Discord? I suspect that even if you had a section dedicated to advertising, that it would have no limit on who can post, which would indeed make it no better than the Upcoming section?

Other than that, Server specific Discords turn into absolute dribble because of all the personality clashing...which is another unrelated reason as to why i'm not on it :P

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Still doesn't change the fact I find out about the server through some other means...but to further prove my point, i'm not even on the LOMCN discord, so it was still through means other than LOMCN sources.

5decux.jpg

There's no advertisement section on discord, it's just where jamie was posting stuff about sapphire a couple months ago, ergo where your second hand news came from

But anyway fyi our discord is nothing like mir server discords, don't be afraid.

Pzia

LOMCN Member
May 17, 2021
well actually there is three parties guilty here, firstly the gms that make servers just to make profit via gg. then theres the players who jump to all these new servers and pay the cash, then theres the lomcn head honchus who dont police it well enough sorry if you dont agree with that but its true tai.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I haven't seen as many cash cow servers recently; people seem to be putting more effort into their servers. (it became a big thing when new sources were released) but if people didn't play the obvious cash cow servers, they would stop popping up.

People can make their own decisions on whether a server is good / is just going cash grab the players, then they can and play / avoid.
Most people are aware of which ones these are, or the community is very vocal on that server discussion about it.

Either way, I try most servers who have put some graft in just to see if it's my kind of thing (usually it isn't as, I switch between all classes in the first 2 weeks, realise I screwed my self by doing that, then my attention span doesn't allow me to focus)

Also on a side note, this made me laugh, definitely 2021's funniest comment award
"It wasn't a bug, it was caused by THEIR coding. - Ohnozircon 2021"

The **** do you think a bug is 🙃

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
There's no advertisement section on discord, it's just where jamie was posting stuff about sapphire a couple months ago, ergo where your second hand news came from

It would have some grounds, except i've known a smidge longer than that :P so, still nope :D

Doesn't matter anyway, good thing about Jamie is he puts effort into getting word out on his own lol. He's probably in 20 different discords with all the usual seperate groups...one of the things that gets him in trouble in a live server as people assume he plays favourites by being in peoples Discords haha.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
It would have some grounds, except i've known a smidge longer than that :p so, still nope :D

Doesn't matter anyway, good thing about Jamie is he puts effort into getting word out on his own lol. He's probably in 20 different discords with all the usual seperate groups...one of the things that gets him in trouble in a live server as people assume he plays favourites by being in peoples Discords haha.

Ok bro cool story

For someone who doesn't use discord you're sure in the loop on Jamie's whereabouts 😂 weird

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Ok bro cool story

For someone who doesn't use discord you're sure in the loop on Jamie's whereabouts 😂 weird

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make at this point...Jamie usually gets into multiple Discords because he did it on Zircon lol, it's a guess...maybe he's not :D