New World MMO

smoochy boys on tour

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Once released, time to invest into a new gaming setup, my 7yr old Alienware laptop won't even touch it.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
one to keep an eye on, never really got into rust/ark or w/e they were called but this one does look like it could be good with the 50v50 guild battles in end game

~HeavenSent~

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 9, 2005
Chorley
Was that meant to come out next week but got delayed til August?
yes delayed due to covid
Post automatically merged:

Once released, time to invest into a new gaming setup, my 7yr old Alienware laptop won't even touch it.
i just rust hit recommended >.<

If you guys could support my new discord that would be great a lot of info about the game on there :)

KillsFree

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 4, 2014
I already refunded on steam, **** ass team claim 3 month delay was caused by "covid 19"
i aint gonna wait for another year for this pice of crap(will buy again before launch)
but ya. fk this game, they are not taking my money before the game come out. xD

KillsFree

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 4, 2014
fking game got pushed to 2021 spring. **** it. the game is dead to me

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
fking game got pushed to 2021 spring. **** it. the game is dead to me
So you rather rage at devs and quit after a few days because the game was launched too fast and systems are broken or unbalanced? I really respect the devs decided to push it back, they had feedback from the alpha test and finnaly a company listens to their players, it would of been a BIG mystake to launch it now based on what players are saying they took the best decision in this case, I guess being a multi bilion dollar company, there are people that know how to run a business...

KillsFree

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 4, 2014
So you rather rage at devs and quit after a few days because the game was launched too fast and systems are broken or unbalanced? I really respect the devs decided to push it back, they had feedback from the alpha test and finnaly a company listens to their players, it would of been a BIG mystake to launch it now based on what players are saying they took the best decision in this case, I guess being a multi bilion dollar company, there are people that know how to run a business...

bro what ya talking about. ive been waiting for a year and 2 fking month now!!!! i wont be mad if they said it straight at first delay !!! they blamed on on COVID 2 weeks before launch!!!! and now ITS SAME ****, 2 weeks before close beta!!! if you need more time then stop make empty promises!!! I will be cool if tthey just admit the game wont be ready any time soon!!!! THEY WANNA KEEP THE FKING HYPES UP TO MAKE SALE BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE WILL REFUND !!! EVERYTIME CLOSE TO BETA THE GAME SALE SPIKES!!!

Their first game was very bad !! check the steam review, i played 1 game and deleted

I heard about the game back in 2018. made the purchase 2019 because there was a chance to get invited into alpha, which never happened!!!

why would you talk **** if you dont know whats been going on ??

I would undeterstand from a business perpective. they want to have youtubers use these hypes to make followers and form a commiuty , and when the game finally come out. Those who gave up may not bother to check the game status anymore. Those youtubers will get paid to heavily promote the game again.

But as a player, i say fk them.

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
They've made the right decision to delay and work on it more, just proves it will be an epic game when its released as they actually listen to play feedback

no offence KillsFree but you sound very childish and entitled

Last edited:

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
From what I see on YouTube the game looked good but too much crafting, end game pvp wasn’t a lot to see and only whispers but havnt looked since

KillsFree

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 4, 2014
They've made the right decision to delay and work on it more, just proves it will be an epic game when its released as they actually listen to play feedback

no offence KillsFree but you sound very childish and entitled

"
I would undeterstand from a business perpective. they want to have youtubers use these hypes to make followers and form a commiuty , and when the game finally come out. Those who gave up may not bother to check the game status anymore. Those youtubers will get paid to heavily promote the game again.

But as a player, i say fk them.

"

all im saying is if they coulve just admit that game was not ready back then, you're running a server, idk if you code or not. scale with your target player /content base *10000 or 100000. don't you think they KNEW it wasn't ready?? instead of blaming on something else ?

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
COVID is now approaching 3-5 months... less staff... less essential to make a game when families of the workers have been at risk so to why they furlough.

Under staffed game gets pushed back 3-5 months...

Perhaps they don’t want to release at Christmas because they have other planned things for then or other big things are already releasing then...

So they chose spring to be a safe time and no stress with a rushed understaffed release

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Nobody sits and waits around for years for an MMO anymore...especially since all these companies are either going for crowdfunding, to develop for 5 years, then to fail once they realise the task they have attempted...or they simply use the "live service" excuse to create a half finished game, only to charge you multiple times for DLCs and expansions or not even do that and have no content.

Amazon also now have a tainted record given their most recent FPS-MOBA type game release, which had very clear lack of testing of anything, ranging from balance and map designs to even basic mechanics like respawning lol. They also named it Crucible which in itself was a stupid decision given how much it conflicts with Destiny 2s main content. They ended up bringing the game back into beta phases, and removed 2 of the 3 game modes at the same time because of those issues :D

Perhaps this delay of New World was a knock on effect of that and thought it best to give themselves more time to do things properly...because if that is the best Amazon can do, they should maybe nope out of the gaming development industry.

Reactions: KillsFree

KillsFree

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 4, 2014
Nobody sits and waits around for years for an MMO anymore...especially since all these companies are either going for crowdfunding, to develop for 5 years, then to fail once they realise the task they have attempted...or they simply use the "live service" excuse to create a half finished game, only to charge you multiple times for DLCs and expansions or not even do that and have no content.

Amazon also now have a tainted record given their most recent FPS-MOBA type game release, which had very clear lack of testing of anything, ranging from balance and map designs to even basic mechanics like respawning lol. They also named it Crucible which in itself was a stupid decision given how much it conflicts with Destiny 2s main content. They ended up bringing the game back into beta phases, and removed 2 of the 3 game modes at the same time because of those issues :D

Perhaps this delay of New World was a knock on effect of that and thought it best to give themselves more time to do things properly...because if that is the best Amazon can do, they should maybe nope out of the gaming development industry.

this

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
If you want an honest review of New World then watch this. Sounds to me they’ve mucked what could have been a brilliant game, hopefully the delay they will sort it.

Last edited:

Cleopatra

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 28, 2004
I had a great time on the New World preview. I wouldn't listen to lazypeon's video hating on it, form your own opinion.

The game definitely has some areas to improve, the questing and mission design being one of them.

The crafting grind is so damn good though. Venturing out into the forest to find ore nodes, memorising where they are and practicing how to make an optimised run around the environment to gain ore. Running through the forest you'll hear distant echoes of gunfire, chopping of trees and mining of ore reverberate around you. You run through the forest and it just feels alive. The environment and audio design is just so good.

Even just chopping trees down feels nice. You can go into a dense bit of forest and chop down every tree, and it becomes a field of tree stumps, completely changing how the area looked.

The PvP feels really nice too. Sword vs sword combat is really interesting, it's all about timing your attacks, blocks, dodges and rolls etc.

Definitely one to check out imo and I can't wait for next year's release.

Reactions: zedina and Tai