Nostalgia of Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Nostalgia of Mir
The dream behind this server is to try and recreate some of those Mir memories many of us have – the general idea is to begin the server in the era of Mir 1.4 and will progressively evolve over time to follow the original official update pattern with the aim of recreating the original Euro Mir Experience and beyond!

The initial release of the server will only contain the original content – Maps, Monsters, Skills, Classes etc that was available in Mir 1.4; however - there will be some quality of life facilities implemented from the start which were not originally available in game until later patches, I don’t think any of these are game breaking – this includes:

• Original Features implemented early
    • Minimap Indicators (NPCS, Group, Mobs, Pets)
    • Amulet/Poison Slot
    • Additional Skill Keys (CTRL + F)
    • Auto Targeting – locks on to the last monster for casters
    • Summoned Mob recall
    • Auto Rev for monsters
    • Trust Merchant
    • Quick bar enhancements (auto refills, allows amulets/Poison for quick swap)
    • Quest System
  • Custom Features
    • Crystal GUI
    • Custom AI’s applied to keep things interesting
    • Additional Quests
Here is the current rollout plan for initial and future patches:
[h=2]Initial Content[/h]All content from 1.4 – the original files will be used as the base line to replicate this stage of the game. However, we will be using a custom variation of the Crystal C# files.
This means hunting in the mines, stone temple and bug cave (for gold obviously) and grouping up to take on ZT if you feel brave enough; heck you might be the lucky one that gets the Great Axe!
[h=2]1.5 Patch - Prajna (Estimated to be released 2 months after initial launch)[/h]
  • New items
    • War Spirit Blade, Magic Scythe, Stone Bamboo Fan
    • Bracelets - Black Iron Brace, Bracer of magic, Tao Power Bracelet, Steel Gauntlet
    • Rings - Twin Gold Ring, Evil Slayer Ring, Jade Snow Ring
    • Necklaces - Amythest Necklace, Spirit Power Necklace, Blue Thunder Necklace
    • Helmets – Golden Tiara, Steel Helmet, Brass Helmet
    • Item Sets – Hwan, Purity, Smash, Tao Protect, Mundane, Nok Chi, Bug
  • New maps and related monsters
    • Prajna Island including PC, PSC and PT
    • Insect Cave
    • Mineral Mines
  • New slots/item types: shoes, belts and stones (Health, Mana, Power and small Class stones)
[h=2]1.6 Patch – Gi-Ryoong (Estimated to be released 4 months after initial launch)[/h]
  • New Items
    • Black Dragon Weapons
    • Zuma Weapons
    • Shoes
    • Belts
    • Class orientated Stones with various sizes
    • Gi-Ryoong Province
  • New Skills
    • Twin Dragon Blade
    • Frost Crunch
    • Purification
[h=2]1.7 Patch – Past Bichon (Estimated to be released 6 months after initial launch)[/h]
  • New Items
    • Weapons - Sword of Wargod, Blade of Sorcery, Heaven Sword, Fire Blood Sword
    • Armour - Heaven Armour, Oma King Robe
    • Rings - Boundless Ring, Tae Guk Ring, Thunder Ring, Oma Spirit Ring, Noble Ring, Soul Ring
    • Bracelets - Baek Ta Glove, Holy Tao Wheel, Spirit Reformer, 8TrigramWheel, HangMaWheel, BokMaWheel
    • Necklaces – Hero Necklace, Adamantine Necklace, Requiem Necklace
    • Item Sets – Five String
    • Helmets – Wisdom Coronet, Tao Coronet, Great Helmet, Helmet of Hero
    • Past Bichon – all related caves up to Oma King
  • New Skills
    • Entrapment
    • Vampirism
    • Hallucination
    • Cross Half Moon
    • Flame Disrupter
    • Ultimate Enhancer

[h=2]Patch 1.8 – Evil Mir (Estimated to be released 8 months after initial launch)[/h]
  • New Items
    • Mir Set
    • Lightning Cave
    • Molten Rock Cave
    • Evil Mir Palace
  • New Skills
    • Summon Holy Deva
    • Mirroring
    • Lion Roar
[h=2]Patch 1.9 – Gems/Orbs (Estimated to be released 10 months after initial launch)[/h]
  • New Items
    • Craftable Sets – Bone, White Gold, Nephrite, Red Jade
    • Craftable Foods
    • XL Potions
    • Gems/Orbs
  • New Monsters
    • Khazard
    • Frost Tiger
    • Crystal Spider
    • Red Thunder Zuma
  • New Skills
    • Flame Field
    • Blade Avalanche
    • Curse
[h=2]Patch 2.0 & 2.1 – Battle Grounds / Viper cave (Estimated to be released 12 months after initial launch)[/h]
  • Guild Territories
  • Unlimited Challenge System
  • Lover system
  • Viper cave / Yimoogi
  • Battle Ground
[h=2]Patch 2.2 – Foxes (Estimated to be released 14 months after initial launch)[/h]
  • New Items
    • All Fox Item Sets
    • Admission Orb
  • New Maps and related monsters:
    • Sealed Maze
    • Sacred Fox Hill
    • Great Fox Temple
[h=2]Patch 2.3 – Items & Skills (Estimated to be released 16 months after initial launch)[/h]
  • New Items
    • Accessories –
      • Rings - Pledge Ring, Crimson Ring, Five Element Ring, Gold Dragon Ring, Demon Ruby Ring, Evil Expel Ring
      • Braces – Dual Titan Amulet, Evil Whisp Amulet, Sacred Angel Amulet, Wild Titan Amulet, Enchanted Amulet, Five Element Amulet
      • Necklaces – Cupids Necklace, Sorcery Anchor, Purified Mirror, Adamant Necklace, Evil Triangle, Cross Purified
    • Level 44 armours
    • Crystal Armour
  • New Skills
    • Rage
    • Protection Field
    • Blizzard
    • Meteor Strike
    • Reincarnation
    • Poison Cloud

Future patches to be applied in-line with official Korean Mir.

----

Be good to see if there is enough interest in this project to give it a chance at success – What do you guys think?

Also, it’s been abit of a nightmere trying to compile a list of patch notes – if anyone has any input I would be grateful my memory is a little hazy 😊 Be good if anyone has any info on origional events too – that could be fun!

Jungle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Aug 19, 2018
this would be nice, but i dont think any of the events that was on euro, you would want of your server. most of the events i remember/been told that happened on euro all leaked very good gear like para/pro/rev/tele rings in hen files lol and when RME came out they was allowing some of the best gear to be obtained again

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
This is something I had also been thinking of doing.

I wanted a server that had the steady progression of euro, at a nice steady pace - Faster than Euro, but not fast enough for people to be level 45 in a week.

Good luck with it.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
give OW his original blood curdling sound, also give boars their orig sounds (now they all sound like WB)

I understand you don't want to chuck all QoL things but how about starting out without any minimap at all, I think we played at least several months without it initially, here you could put it in patch few weeks or whatever after server start (not like anybody would really need it nowadays, I'd put it in when pple start to get to level 22). I suppose bigmap could come in at the same time.

not sure mmap could be given individually, per acct, only to those who would complete some quest? I guess it needs to be rolled out in a patch for all?

give us the orig pot images, also sixpacks, if you can't do it (meaning you don't want to in the case of sixpacks), you got no place putting up nostalgia server IMO

of course you will have NCave in and all the connecting paths, including that one from Sabuk to ST

I hope items would break when run out of dura, I remember it like today standing in MW when a guy broke his spirit sword, his jaw literally dropped, how I kept opening char panel to check dura constantly when it was near zero, especially on weapon, taking calculated risks before swapping it for whatever I had in bag from drops or DE to town to repair, don't forget dura didn't last for weeks like nowadays, good leveling spell in a cave, like in BC ran weapon dura down in few hours, also candle, torch dura didn't last too long, I recall taking spares with me to caves.

of course no teleport npc at first, not sure when we got them in, I recall how gold was scarce at least til level 12, had 1mill ~lev20 but I was scrounging, using RTs even to change maps instead of using tele npc

I kinda doubt you or anybody else of the coding honchos around here could give us back the original shops when items sold to shop were offered back on sale and we shopped for extra expensive items in shop npc hoping for a good added stat (since the shop didn't show item stats, just varied prices for items with added stats being more expensive).

Last edited:

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I quite like this idea

Id like idea of bringing back item breaks on 0dura as Mir2pion said (I read his reply WTF).

QOL in mir is bringing us closer to the mobile app versions where u just point and it does. No Autopots, or masses of sunnies!

Part of me feels maybe Trust merchant should be removed or limited to stop it being flooded, 5items per user, and minimum level requirement.

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Some good feedback there!

With hindsight we won’t be making the mistakes that euro did with silly event rewards, more the content/contexts I’m after..

I will definitely be implementing the original pot system - bundles of 6 with original images - no stacked pots. Absolutely no auto poting will be implemented. This adds a great deal of planning / strategy especially with the big group hunts and pvp!

I used to spend a good deal of time trolling trough the trash in the merchants to find an added rare - so yeah original shops will be on my list! This will be quite integral; the idea is that the population will eventually stock the shops.

Break on Dura 0 - I had forgotten about this, it did catch me out a few times back in the day.. perhaps this will be implemented - however I may also implement a dura warning indicator.
My Mir days started just before the Spider patch which was 1.4? I don’t remember there ever being no minimap so that must have been before my time – I’m open to the idea of starting at an earlier point prior to 1.4, but I just don’t have the required knowledge/experience to feel confident that its right..

I'm trying to hunt down the original content such as monster sounds (like mentioned OW and boars) and original Spitting Spider skins - any help would be appreciated :)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Sick idea and could be done well but i wouldn't even bother until 1.9+ cba with all the shitty old spells and boring caves. Farmed all the lower end of content to much on Euro.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
It would honestly need to be done in a way where it felt like actual, natural progression.

I.E the lower levels 0-20 are pre spider patch 1.4, then 20-30 1.4 onwards prajna island etc and 30-40 you've got BDD/Gi and then 40+ Everything

I think everything needs to be in from the start or at least ready to go at the push of a button via a content patch. You'd recreate the euro feel but in a much much smaller time frame which I think people would generally appreciate.

Reactions: KingCobra92

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I think everything needs to be in from the start or at least ready to go at the push of a button via a content patch. You'd recreate the euro feel but in a much much smaller time frame which I think people would generally appreciate.

Definitely, it should all be in and ready for release - only change to existing maps would be drops... but you'd need upto current standard at minimum ready, as Im sure some patches will probably be pushed ahead earlier than you suggest.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Good idea but can’t imagine your timeline of releases working

need it all in from the start , so people with good gear can try it whenever they feel ready , at least you can then know what to aim for. Better than sitting in one place for 2 months getting everything you can then forgetting about it and moving to the next place.

All caves are ciable options from level 22/25 with a group lol

Whoops

LOMCN Member
May 13, 2015
The server should do well keep it the way it is going I will play =p

what eta?

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

need it all in from the start , so people with good gear can try it whenever they feel ready , at least you can then know what to aim for. Better than sitting in one place for 2 months getting everything you can then forgetting about it and moving to the next place.

These are the exact reasons I like the idea.

People forced to hunt in the lower areas, as we all did back in the day.

None of this grouping up and skipping most places.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex

You've completely missed the point... :beaten:

The idea is to force people to use lower level content and to stop people geeking it to 40 and getting fully kitted and miles ahead....

By your suggestion, it should go Bichon, oma caves, bug caves, Prajna, BDD.. :lol

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Before the server is launched; it is envisioned that all patch phases are ready to roll out; the content will be there in the background but will be disabled; We are developing a versioning system to control this aspect which will allow us to enable content without the need to even reboot - this is achieved by giving each item, monster, skill, map etc a versioning number, which effectively removes from them game until the server version includes them.

There will be a roughly set patch rollout timeline (this is yet to be decided) however this will be impacted based on the average player level - if the majority of the server are ready for the next phase then the next patch will be brought forwards as necessary.

As pointed out, the idea is that we get to re-enjoy the old content being the ‘end game’.

The ultimate goal is to create a stable, balanced, progressive server to emulate the original Euro Mir.

Status
Not open for further replies.