Nostalgia vs New Content

smoochy boys on tour

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
So recently I have seen various peoples feedback on servers / upcoming servers etc.

From new servers, do people still want that old Nostalgic feel of Bichon Wall, Mud Wall and all the caves; or are they looking for the Mir Gameplay with a completely new layout?

shinsutso

LOMCN Member
Nov 1, 2019
I think new layout is good but am not sure what you mean
I like new attacks and maps n mobs

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I like BW / MW for SZ's but i'd rather see completely revamped Maps / Item skin's really. Only reason i say keep BW / MW because they're clean / light maps which make good places to chill and converse with people.

Reactions: shinsutso

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
So if you were to play a server. Would you prefer the Euro layout or a custom layout... or a Hybrid like TPR *with smaller maps!*
(as long as everything else was good (features, balance etc))
Post automatically merged:

I like BW / MW for SZ's but i'd rather see completely revamped Maps / Item skin's really. Only reason i say keep BW / MW because they're clean / light maps which make good places to chill and converse with people.

ahh so BW / MW for "Hub" Maps
But completely reskinned everything, all caves looking different, and different mobs for different areas (so Woomas could be renamed and become end game content,and not reside in the classic temple anymore) - for example?

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
So if you were to play a server. Would you prefer the Euro layout or a custom layout... or a Hybrid like TPR *with smaller maps!*
(as long as everything else was good (features, balance etc))
Post automatically merged:

ahh so BW / MW for "Hub" Maps
But completely reskinned everything, all caves looking different, and different mobs for different areas (so Woomas could be renamed and become end game content,and not reside in the classic temple anymore) - for example?

Pretty much, i think thats why Valkyrie got so much respect everything was fresh, at this point im sick of even seeing the same old boring name of items / caves lol, even then people requested BW as the Home map for there. I think you have to keep some sort of nostalgia in Mir.

I really like the current @home map on Primordial, just think the outside of the town should be down sized, its ******* massive to run across xD

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Pretty much, i think thats why Valkyrie got so much respect everything was fresh, at this point im sick of even seeing the same old boring name of items / caves lol, even then people requested BW as the Home map for there. I think you have to keep some sort of nostalgia in Mir.

I really like the current @home map on Primordial, just think the outside of the town should be down sized, its ******* massive to run across xD

Haha yeahh it is a tad large!
Thanks for the feedback, good to know some peoples opinions on what they are after B)

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
I play for the old layouts that bring back that nostalgic feeling :P

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I think its a 50/50 divide from what people have been saying to me, its quiiiite interesting

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
BW or small similar home
Custom item names
New content caves/mobs
Fun Quest Line
QoL spells (example warrior early grind)
End Game items in place before launch
Higher HP pools end game
More classes
PvE love
No lifers / Casuals brought together

Exp rate doesn’t really matter if it’s done right but medium seems good.

• Haha

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Nostalgic feeling only works for me if there a massive 200+ UC server like prime Apoc / Chrons / Marble etc, i just don't get that same feel of getting a rare item on a low user count server, just my opinion but that's the only time i think it work's for euro based server's, if the UC is massive.

• Haha