[OFFLINE] Sparta Mir2 - Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
HIGH RATE • LOTS OF FUN • CUSTOM MIR2

3 CLASSES • Warrior • Wizard • Taoist

LIVE DATE 23/01/21 • 6PM • This Saturday

THE MAD RUSH

Launch night expected to be fun with all skills loaded into the first two caves (as if you played Beta you will know they are balanced across all levels) ... So it’s every man “and woman” for themself to dash for there books. The monsters will drop them at an easy rate so don’t panic too much!

THE GAMEPLAY

Levels 1-100 are fast paced lots of drops and easymode levels!

Levels 100-150 start to turn into a medium pace with drops still plentiful!

Levels 150-200 becomes harder paced with drops still obtainable but rates like your use to on most “medium rate servers”

Levels 200-250 are taxing, it’s considered endgame and the drops are hard from the standard monsters like orcs...the Spartan kit comes from the Cave of Lords...Which consist of a BDD style route to 11 different lords to keep you entertained in end game!

Other features include

Sockets • Shards • Custom Random Item Stats • Big Gold Random Droppers • Colour coded item glows • All class magic skills recoloured to match there items

New coded Taoist skills include

Hallucination - Take control of upto 7 monsters as temporary 30 second pets to fight for you and retain your drop rights!

Silence - Disable an enemies magic casting ability briefly!

Advanced Skeleton - CHM and a BoneWhoo skin this pet looks amazing!

New coded wizard skills include

Firewall - In my experience it ruins pvp and gold economy - here it’s coded to have 1 placed cast per player at a time creating a more skillful wizard!

New coded warrior skills include

SlashingBurst - Small CD and able to charge 6 spots across the screen!

FuryWaves - Added to the arsenal!

Moonlight - Added to the arsenal!

Warrior hits also come with the chance to inflict BLEED!

THE MAIN MAP • SPARTA ISLAND

Its PK friendly on this island, you can craft, hang out in peace, gather materials, fish and treat it as your main base from where you portal out into the dungeons!

PVP • PK

Unlike other servers, here you do not get killed by an archer guard once your red. Instead it’s a full bag drop and a massive increase on body drops if ppl hunt you down for being a naughty Spartan!

DUNGEONS

No level restrictions on caves so pick and choose your destination at any point in the game...if you have a late joining friend this enables them to join you wherever you are in your progress!

SCREENSHOTS

762C8110-505D-4569-AC74-10247B3ACF06.png

C130BD22-4B7E-4F39-96F1-45DAEC0BDBCB.png

971B0754-8C92-4F85-ADD2-86B68DA0F9E2.png

8BE1B89B-975C-444E-A239-DBD4185FAF0F.png

1F69AFD4-CDFE-4EC7-8868-23EE0974A641.png

330141FF-6DE7-48CF-8FB8-B40328FE2C9A.png

919456FC-7A66-4D17-A958-9A91BD183C78.png

84130BD1-64AF-40DB-BBC6-BB7563FDF018.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WelshSteel

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Did anyone else get the .exe flagged as a trojan by windows defender? Still didn't get an answer from OP on it

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
Ye i keep seem to be getting them from any server recently, since did windows update

Bountyhunter

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 20, 2003
Ye i keep seem to be getting them from any server recently, since did windows update

Okay ty, seems this is the only server im getting them from. :cautious:

edit: Seems to load now but just crashes upon connection and also doesn't work without these additional discord dlls? Unable to turn it off with the json config file also.

Last edited:

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
Server crashed almost constantly on first night.
Lag and crashes today.
massively unbalanced (wiz in 20’s killed a 60 war)

Changes by day 2:

hero deleted
Tao got slice n dice
Tao got shadow step
Tao got shield
Tao got PC added

wars got shield
Wiz got shield

And many many more. This server was NOT ready for live and is hilariously bad.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Please use discord support ticket system for any issues or feedback in future is I won’t have access to LOMCN again after this post.

All updates will be on discord including patch notes and announcements.

Final note before I depart - Found Jesus alt discord account today and banned him for a 5th time lovely

• Wow
Reactions: WelshSteel

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Herc has probably taken suggestions to heart (from the boring die hard Mir 2 veterans most likely) and tried to please everyone, at the same time though more skills isn't a bad thing as long as skills are relevant to the roles and there's nothing that you can say is incredibly outrageous yet (before you have a go, for example, magic shield lvl 3 is 20% damage reduction, not flat out stupidity).

Discord - Revert room removal
I would of liked it if Herc slowed down the chats to 1 min + remove the rank checkers from the main rooms (green zone and red zone). As a result of this change people are now further seperated and imo will enjoy the experience less even though some may see it as bad advertisement via certain people posting on there, they'll exist way less if room is slowed down to at least 1 min per post.

Discord should be used as a "fast forum" instead of the instant messager that it is which is rather bad and you know that, but overall and with proper measures it's definetly helpful, please.

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
Was looking forward to play this,

Endless crashes over the weekend,

We did Beta 2 or 3 weeks ago ?

Server goes live and its completely different from Beta, You should of done another beta before going live Yesterday to nurse any further bugs

Server is a flop.

Good luck.

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
I won’t have access to LOMCN again after this post.

whys that lol, why dont you like to talk to people and you had to delete the channels and put it only read only lol? are we players missing something cause some people telling you stuff and you just went bash delete delete read-only read only

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016

Missed this, wtf is going on. (welsh learn to read...)

I'll bark up a tree over this if it's over something stupid.

TeenAgeDirtBag

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
Tried my hardest to get into this server.. I fancied something different rather than jus the usual euro remake and had "medium hopes" (rather than high).. Crashes are pain however I've played other server which worse starts than this.. Npcs didn't work and crashed fair enough a quick workaround was put in place.. Hero's where never really explained then when I finally got it working auto pot lvln skills etc it was took out as there was another bug that crashed the server.. I personally don't think the style of the server has any longevity for example caves do 10 levels move on to next 10 more and so on.. It doesn't offer a lot of variety.. Unfortunately I think the better different unique game play is towards the end game.. However will be super tedious to get there...
I don't think doing the whole server thing should be done by 1 person it's too much to handle and certainly if you can't take critism get a discord guy who can feed into you rather than going through all the comments getting upset and deleting the chat.. I'm more than aware people get annoyed and post shite but you can't take it to heart or get some1 else to read it for you and feedback..
I over looked wizzys lvln 1.5 times quicker and outputting stupid amounts of damage but...
The end of the straw for me was just wacking spells in left right and centre.. You cant do that without some form of balancing.. I'm not saying it's 17hrs of my life I won't get back but its certainly a learning curve I won't spending time on unfinished articles again..
Good luck 👍

xXxLegendxXx

Banned
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Recap of whats happened so far:

6 crashes happened at the start of live due to some idiot, making his hero equip a pet - purposefully crashing server
1 crash happened because of a mobs ai (only mistake hercs made) that was fixed in its time was not a problem.

Many people quit because of the crashes, shortly after that server got DDOSED about 3 or 4 times.

Gm then removed junk man npc and that totally solved lag.

Server was alright but so many people quit cause of the crashes sadly...

Shortly after that gm made a dumb mistake and gave Taoists a spell called "SliceNDice" and he also gave them Poison Cloud, but this poison cloud ignores your defences ac/amc. so a level 60 tao could 2 shot a warr...

Warrs complained about them being too squishy so gm told us he'd do a reboot he added pro field and rage which was alright......

Then something weird happened:

Gm took server down without giving anybody any notice. he then gave each class new spells.

He gave Taoists:
Shadow Step, and Magic shield (notice they now have 2 shields)

He gave wizards:
MagicShield StormEscape ThunderStorm

he nerfed warrs, took pro field from them and gave them swift feet , and a magic shield that scales off MC so it only lasts 2 seconds.

Loads of people went on discord questioned him he couldnt really give an answer so he just deleted all the text channels and blocked pms so nobody can pm him, he also logged off the game..

Herc if you're reading this, here's whats wrong with your server:

Taoists poison cloud is broken, a level 60 hits 300 2 hitting a warr 60 levels higher.

You also gave them Shadow Step (a sin spell how dare you :( ), and SliceNDice which triggered alot of people.

You gave taos another shield making them even more OP.

You also worried the whole server when you told people on discord that you dont know what rage is, people questioned if you even played mir lols.

How to fix your server:
remove shadowstep from taos, fix poison cloud, remove slicendice, remove their magic shield

give warriors pro field back, remove swift feet and remove both of the shields you gave them

Monitor wizards a bit i think they may need nerfing.. let them keep magic shield

P.S this advice may not bring you you're uc back, because what has happened has made your server almost unrevivable.

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
we tried giving him feedback. but you know he made channels read-only and didnt like us giving feedback lmao..

@Herc dunno what wrong with ya but man sort ya head out

IceSlice

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 24, 2005
Under the Sea :O
Well after all these years playing mir its not the worse server, that award goes to ya previous server so atleast you are consistant.

Reactions: syke

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Slice and Dice is removed for Tao's, didn't do anything anyway (we have DC in almost equal portion to SC but just doesn't do any damage).

Warrior's just need a lot of AMC love given to them asap + probably something else interesting so they can add some extra utility to themselves or others to compete vs the very complex Tao and Wiz.

The server is FUN to play on a PvE end (maps, mobs, items and crafting is polished and makes sense), although scaling on mass skills from Tao and Wiz should be dropped by 25% probably.

The issue's are:

1) Warrior is struggling to find a place in a many skills meta + vs enemy spell scaling, they need AMC+++ now at the very least.

2) The old Mir heads who believe classes and skills should only work a certain way + aBsoLUtely nO sKiLl tRanSfER's OMGGGGG!

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
If you think this is a good server I’ll note never to follow your recommendations lol as I worry what is a bad server

TeenAgeDirtBag

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2004
Also the only viable way to lvl as a warrior is to use furywaves so warriors become kiting wizards for pve pressing 1 button over and over kiting is not what a warrior should be.. 🙈

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
This is exactly the pickle we're in with politics right now....open minded people vs close minded.

Herc's effort has shown flaws/holes, granted but his ideas and polish have potential for a different experience more in line with current MMO trends.

In contrast

3gena's server literally kept a lot of things the same bunk old fashioned way, made early PvE and maps disgusting, broken NPC dialogue etc and this clearly shows that there's no potential.

You won't give the guy a chance, he's not in here to give you that common nostaligia trip of a typical Mir server he's here to provide his passion's, fun and experience from MMO's and apply his flavor and try and something different + more challenging.

You only had to try it, not immediately plough all your money into it, lvl like crazy because your "competitive pride" is on the line and cry like bitches when there's any snags.

You guys are hopeless, yes there should of been a beta for this, who cares, slow down and grow some balls, most of you, you're acting like Jamie threw a charm into your sand castle!

Last edited:
Reactions: sweetfa

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
You won't give the guy a chance, he's not in here to give you that common nostaligia trip of a typical Mir server he's here to provide his passion's, fun and experience from MMO's and apply his flavor and try and something different + more challenging

He had this idea yes. But he could not and did not deliver, having the idea is fantastic but making it work is another thing... personally I was really looking forward to this and a new feel. But it just turned out to be broken and not what was promised at all.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015

I read this as a "I will be banned" from lomcn for something said but no warnings or anything I can see so guessing this is a personal choice?

Sad to see. From a player perspective it felt different. Had/Has potential. Just think Tao needed some much love.

Lag/Crashes were bad on day 1 but so are most servers, was fine after that - made it better knowing it was mostly because someone stuck a pickup pet on their hero which system wasn't ready for which is totally understandable as who would have thought of someone doing that to prepare a catch mechanic in the code for heroes having pets!? :ROFLMAO:

Hope to see you back soon on the forums soon herc - good luck with serv

Status
Not open for further replies.