Old Mir's

Swampduck

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2014
What was your favourite?

I love thinking back on mir servers, some shaped the person i am today, a lazy **** with a gaming addiction, however, some of my best memorys are from mir.

Frozen
Torozor 1.9
InSaNe 1.4
Foundation
LOCMS
Charisma

Had brilliant times on these servers there is probably more im forgetting

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Forzen, Insane and LOCMS were my favorites out of them.

Although Devil was so much more than them, I think mostly because it was the first half decent private server I played.

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
So many,

Mir 2 forever

Mir 3 GSP **** server but I enjoyed it fighting the Chinese on banyo island for hours.

Project 69 around 1.4 through to 2008

Zircon mir3 obviously. Shame time got away from US.

Marble a lot of fun.

Old school mir when there was battle grounds and para lord fights.

Euro so much fun not always for legit reasons.

No particular order

Reactions: Omnibus

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
WeOwn / WeOwn V2, Chikowa, Insomnia, Foundation, Area51, Crusade, InSaNe, DarkSide, OldSkool 1.4 ( bons first server ), EvilMir, Early days of P69. Was a server that was split into 2 sides, like a high rate / slow rate maybe i can't remember Turok maybe? But that server was the tits.

All of the above dumps on everything up now a days.
Post automatically merged:

So many,

Mir 2 forever

Mir 3 GSP **** server but I enjoyed it fighting the Chinese on banyo island for hours.

Project 69 around 1.4 through to 2008

Zircon mir3 obviously. Shame time got away from US.

Marble a lot of fun.

Old school mir when there was battle grounds and para lord fights.

Euro so much fun not always for legit reasons.

No particular order

" old Mirs " Name's only p69 haha.

Reactions: Spinn

Swampduck

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2014
would love to get my hands on some of those insane files for personal use lol, i forgot all about insomnia, class server

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Mir 2 forever

Played that one but it closed doors too soon on me. The irony of the server name LOL
It was run by by somebody whose name I can't recall. Not Gadget but somebody who also made some nifty little program for starting mir or something, I think.
Makes you wonder where all those pple are. Even some of those who ran euro mir.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
WeOwn / WeOwn V2, Chikowa, Insomnia, Foundation, Area51, Crusade, InSaNe, DarkSide, OldSkool 1.4 ( bons first server ), EvilMir, Early days of P69. Was a server that was split into 2 sides, like a high rate / slow rate maybe i can't remember Turok maybe? But that server was the tits.

All of the above dumps on everything up now a days.
Post automatically merged:

" old Mirs " Name's only p69 haha.

This but with Torozor 1.9 added aswell... good days.

IceMan

Hero's Act Mir 2
Legendary
Apr 17, 2003
Played that one but it closed doors too soon on me. The irony of the server name LOL
It was run by by somebody whose name I can't recall. Not Gadget but somebody who also made some nifty little program for starting mir or something, I think.
Was ran by Eternal he had the mir 2 info web page.

• Haha
Reactions: WhyJewBanMe

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Was ran by Eternal he had the mir 2 info web page.
Right, thanks.
Even his nick like the server name, suggesting staying power but it went puff and both his server and he are gone.
Probably burn out or bitter disappointment with the community around the game (so easy to suffer from both I'd say), or like alcoholics staying away from any whiff of alcohol, some are staying away from the poison called mir.

I recall now more recent unrealized (?) servers, paulker or what his nick is, he said on Fables map pack he would be releasing mir server in a matter of months, also IHALN who shamefully pulled rug from under his server and worked on another that was to open long ago but never did and he seems to have gone too?

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
BoSelector was prob the first one that comes to mind back when euro was in its prime and private servers were only just taking off. Talking 2002/2003. I then stopped playing mir once euro closed up until last month..so I cant name anymore. Was to many years ago

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
LOCMS was my first private server and i loved it, was awesome. I out leveled and destroyed most the content and she had to put new stuff in.
I think I even helped create some content because she couldn't keep up

Then WeOwn came out and that was probably most fun I've ever had on Mir

Then that idiot ran mir revenge and banned me because some donators paid him to because I pked them, so went and made servers instead of playing them.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Where did those who ran those early servers got their server files? Was there a leak from Korea or was it Philippines files I now recall hearing about?

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
LOCMS was my first private server and i loved it, was awesome. I out leveled and destroyed most the content and she had to put new stuff in.
I think I even helped create some content because she couldn't keep up

Then WeOwn came out and that was probably most fun I've ever had on Mir

Then that idiot ran mir revenge and banned me because some donators paid him to because I pked them, so went and made servers instead of playing them.

Lmao i remember that so clearly, You got Mir boots with instant run and was just shitting on everybody in BW and few top donaters donate a big sum to Jamie to ban you, was so silly that server, Pow1 and DeV always claimed " best pkers " on Mir Rev, i think they forgot about the early days when you was destroying everybody, i just never bothered fighting you once you got MirBoots instant run was so much.

Swampduck

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 13, 2014
can see there has been some quality content throughout the years, it sucks that some of them had to die, suppose they can't last forever.

LoMDiGiDJ

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2004
Where did those who ran those early servers got their server files? Was there a leak from Korea or was it Philippines files I now recall hearing about?

I remember on the old mIRC chats there being a leak of the old 1.4 files after the spider patch (i think that's right, from memory)