Gamemasters

Jhonnyl1
Xenna
MenTaL

iv got a DSS from (Lucky) Wolve`s in Mudwall

paulvijayji

LOMCN Leecher
Jun 18, 2021
I recall now more recent unrealized (?) servers, paulker or what his nick is, he said on Fables map pack he would be releasing mir server in a matter of months, also IHALN who shamefully pulled rug from under his server and worked on another that was to open long ago but never did and he seems to have gone too? net banking teatv.ltd

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I recall now more recent unrealized (?) servers, paulker or what his nick is, he said on Fables map pack he would be releasing mir server in a matter of months, also IHALN who shamefully pulled rug from under his server and worked on another that was to open long ago but never did and he seems to have gone too?
Once in a while, I thought to ask about that promised 'Fables' server but didn't, its website is probably still up there.

The other is probably still in works, I would try it out if he comes up with it despite that shameful end of his last server because to be fair, most of these small one man server end up like that, one way or another (GM420...).

I imagine if there was a means of remote access to server files enabling player(s) who would be given access to restart the server without the danger of stealing the files from the owner, at least some of those smaller servers would have had longer life span (as some running a server would leave it running if someone would reboot it when it went offline).

As it is, they end up being irritated by it when it becomes a burden and a bother that they simply don't need in their life (like when you get busy with rl and then notice complaints that the server was offline the whole night, if not days...), dedi payments may not play a role in some cases.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Aahhh AlphaFrozen, WeOwn and there was another, but I forgot the name.

All High rate servers with a bit of creativity and requiring you to have reflexes faster than a friggin cat to be able to open and spam your "Eggs in hat" faster than you ever thought possible.

I actually still have the WeOwn files oddly enough :D

Even with the limitations of 1.4 there were some creative effort into servers then.

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Aahhh AlphaFrozen, WeOwn and there was another, but I forgot the name.

All High rate servers with a bit of creativity and requiring you to have reflexes faster than a friggin cat to be able to open and spam your "Eggs in hat" faster than you ever thought possible.

I actually still have the WeOwn files oddly enough :D

Even with the limitations of 1.4 there were some creative effort into servers then.

WeOwn was fun, I still have "TheOne" / "Goof" on MSN lol

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Where did those who ran those early servers got their server files? Was there a leak from Korea or was it Philippines files I now recall hearing about?
Files were leaked around the Spider 1.4 patch.
They were official files I believe, even the backdoor GM command was in there and worked on official if my memory serves me right.

Had no source code though, so we were limited to what we could add/change.
I remember making lots of Hex Edits to change certain bits!

Played some great servers over the years. Many back then were just quick smash servers. Fast lvling, easy drops, lots of PK.

Loved making and running Foundation too, fond, fond memories.

Salomon

LOMCN Member
Oct 25, 2019
would love to get my hands on some of those insane files for personal use lol, i forgot all about insomnia, class server

Currently I have a server that I am trying to repair, since the scripts are all broken, if I succeed, a new mir holley will speak in the next few months ready. I am only in the hands of experts in this community to help me with the questions I ask .. Greetings.