[Approved] OldSkool [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

CrazyX

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2010
Get an error message soon as i load the exe saying "Missing Direct X binaries, please make sure your running the client as admin so client can download missing files"??

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Get an error message soon as i load the exe saying "Missing Direct X binaries, please make sure your running the client as admin so client can download missing files"??

Well, the message is pretty clear. Run the .exe as admin so it can install DirectX. Or download it from here and install it yourself.

CrazyX

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 2, 2010
I can't know if you did or not.

If that doesn't work, install DirectX from the link I posted.
Thanks

will give it a go (y)
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
May return, server was in shambles when i quit? did thing get addressed and fixed?

grahamb

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Nov 11, 2005
Chesterfield,Derbyshire
And you know this for a fact?

Fact is, its as populated as a mir server will ever be. Happy days.
ain't fact but it doesn't take a genius to work out that there was 308 online right now just so happens to be that there was 154 online in discord ever wondered why you never see a odd number on the user count

• Haha
Reactions: Morganja

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
ain't fact but it doesn't take a genius to work out that there was 308 online right now just so happens to be that there was 154 online in discord ever wondered why you never see a odd number on the user count
The server is on 391 atm, invalid point tbf

• Haha
Reactions: PoPcOrN

marloner3224

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 10, 2018
When you play a Mir you must have a discord account too?

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Well for starter there was sets and sets of explioted oldskool items ingame from instances which we were told couldn't drop, that would be the main one, im pretty sure this was sorted though.. and balance was just way out of line.

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
played for last week and i can see why people enjoy it. But as for catching up to people who started at the beginning, item wise.. Impossible. And if you like bosses think again. lvl 60 bosses have lvl 230's camping them. Got bored very quickly.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
played for last week and i can see why people enjoy it. But as for catching up to people who started at the beginning, item wise.. Impossible. And if you like bosses think again. lvl 60 bosses have lvl 230's camping them. Got bored very quickly.
I agree, bosses are a big problem. I don't even bother anymore as a mainly solo player.

But how would you suggest they combat this? With such a high UC, you have to be lucky to find a boss in the KR anyway.
If you make their drops less attractive then even the low levels won't bother as all your kit drops from mobs anyway.

mirman118

LOMCN Member
Dec 19, 2014
I suppose you could have 2 version of the map. One thats open for all levels and then have a cap on the other one. That way lower levels could get a boss or 2 and the higher levels dont have the amount of busses they cant hunt reduced. It is a tricky situation due the high user count. But the way it is atm is just boring for the people who can never get a boss.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I suppose you could have 2 version of the map. One thats open for all levels and then have a cap on the other one. That way lower levels could get a boss or 2 and the higher levels dont have the amount of busses they cant hunt reduced. It is a tricky situation due the high user count. But the way it is atm is just boring for the people who can never get a boss.
Then you'd just have people with Alt's at certain level so they can do the bosses.

If you can't kill bosses (Like me) or have a group of friends to go kill them with, you're stuck just grinding the levels and instances.
Does get tedious.

Reactions: Nightrider