OldSkool Mir (v2) - Release 20th January 7pm

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Important
Recent reports of user count alterations (Under review 08/04/23)

Item selling fees have increased to 20% from 10% at launch.

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Zed you’re just a retard obviously lol. Badly needs a real life.

All these comments is why we won’t see the best gm and coder in lcd realease another server. 😭

• Haha
Reactions: Vyse

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
So you've got proof then?...

Quite amusing though you're saying he's the problem when its people like yourself who buy kits and items behind scenes that ruin servers just as much as owners
I sent Jev proof tbh

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
So you can change over 10 years but he cant? In this situation i’m not defending him, im saying post proof, and im sure @Tai would relish in slapping an untrusted title onto Bon. if you got proof nobody can argue with that.. but saying hes corrupt and proving it are different. Wins server got a warning against it as there was some sketchy posts of boss spawning in screenshots.

Once upon a time this forum people would post evidence of their accusations. Now its throw **** and hope something sticks because they don’t like the owner or the games model despite it being clear from day 1.

I don't think it's actually a rule, so not really. I have zero doubt that Bon is corrupt and sells under the table lol. If we banned every corrupt GM you wouldn't have a game to play, that's a sad fact for you.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
I don't think it's actually a rule, so not really. I have zero doubt that Bon is corrupt and sells under the table lol. If we banned every corrupt GM you wouldn't have a game to play, that's a sad fact for you.

End of the day though if people don't agree with spending on his server because they think its pay to win trash or he is corrupt its not like he or any of the others who do it force people into it, even more so if they thought this before this server and still chosen to play and spend on it.

And your completely right if you started to ban people based of people complaining there would be pretty much 1 server left on LOMCN and that would be CheekyVimto's as he is the only server I'm aware of that doesn't have a cash shop of any sort and only recently added a patron bonus for those who support the server in the form of a minor buff.

Lastly I highly doubt his shop rates were anywhere near the level of other mmo's I've seen and tried in the recent years and unfortunately it just seems to be the way mmo's are going our only hope of a new mmo is probably ashes of creation and a very very slim chance for thrones of liberity. But Mir2/3 will continue to evolve and take in these new systems that are pay to win, pay to progress etc because that is how MMO's have evolved back when LOMCN first started servers were free not a cash shop in sight, (sure some back handed deals may have happened but GM's were very careful not to get caught) then intergral was allowed, then cash shops this is just another of the downward trend in the evolution of Mir.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
It’s just the evolution of mir, with PayPal you had some semblance of responsibility as a gm because people could recall (which was wrong) now that it has gone crypto you don’t even have to pretend you give a fk about anyone but the people chucking thousands at you.

Pay2win people already 1 hitting everyone and destroying fights 2-3 weeks in, fk it Chuck in lottery runes that increase there damage to a mental extent while also making them unkillable. Why not as people can’t recall, try to argue it’s right that one person can solo a full group because of the runes they probably paid thousands if not more for. Seems to be happening every server now, there’s an item you you can buy from the upgrade shop numerous times for thousands and smash the server.

Was genius leaving runes out for the first few weeks getting everyone to donate thinking they stood a moderate chance for the first few weeks before completely crushing them.

2 months massive revenue, tell community to Fk off every time they give feedback as you put stupid p2w thing after p2w thing in, most of server get bored of being 8 months behind 2 months into a server and quit, start being “busy” again and walk away with a ton of cash. Hopefully this is the final straw but he will go away for a year or 2 come back claiming to be about the community again and do it again.

I for one am against Mir and crypto, although I do enjoy crypto buying and selling trying to make a quick buck.

Also who’s to say GM can’t create fake characters and list items on the game shop/crypto market to milk the community even more.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport

If its a Mir2 server that was released it the last few years I've not played it as Mir2 gives me migrains even mir3 does now and then so I play more casually than I use to.

But you get my point if people got banned because people said they were doing shady stuff reguardless of if it was true or not there wouldn't be any servers left and in fairness from what I understand he is still actively adding stuff to the game and making adjustments on here. Which is a lot more than most GM's do.

booom

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 14, 2003
Hello all,

I've tried fixing this issue by myself, tried a hundred ways and I'm still getting the same issue.

Error.txt file:

Code:
[4/12/2023 7:45:13 PM] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Client.MirControls.MirItemCell.get_ItemArray()
   at Client.MirControls.MirItemCell.get_Item()
   at Client.MirControls.MirItemCell.DrawControl()
   at Client.MirControls.MirControl.Draw()
   at Client.MirControls.MirControl.DrawChildControls()
   at Client.MirControls.MirControl.Draw()
   at Client.MirControls.MirControl.DrawChildControls()
   at Client.MirControls.MirScene.CreateTexture()
   at Client.MirControls.MirControl.DrawControl()
   at Client.MirScenes.GameScene.DrawControl()
   at Client.MirControls.MirScene.Draw()
   at Client.CMain.RenderEnvironment()

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
Faking user count? No surprises there Ben you lizard. Also never received my 400m, so you may as well flag this with steals from his own players.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
After being brought to my attention that we was "faking" the usercount, it appears this was true and the mir tracks would have been reported the usercount as 25% higher than it actually was.

The in game chat and NPC manipulation was found and fixed by me pretty much day 1 of the server release, however I was unaware of the mirconnection code that reported back to mir tracks. I don't know how I'd have ever spotted this as I don't sit and watch the mir tracks dialog lol but still.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
After being brought to my attention that we was "faking" the usercount, it appears this was true and the mir tracks would have been reported the usercount as 25% higher than it actually was.

The in game chat and NPC manipulation was found and fixed by me pretty much day 1 of the server release, however I was unaware of the mirconnection code that reported back to mir tracks. I don't know how I'd have ever spotted this as I don't sit and watch the mir tracks dialog lol but still.
You're either dumb, or you're just plain stupid.

It was proven that your % increase was higher during beta (30 something % rather than 25%) then it got reduced down to 25% on launch. So someone on your team is in the know how for faking mirtracks UC.

And with how tight you were with your files back when I worked on 5H for you, I know for a fact that someone manipulating the code without you knowing or giving permission prior is impossible, so cut the ****.

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

Your in game u/c was manipulated too I'm afraid someone went to the trouble of monitoring it from day 1 lmao

Awkward Rizzoli And Isles GIF

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Why do I get the feeling this is all playing into the hands of Blizzard, and in actual fact, money dried and this is the exit he has mastered

syke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2011
It’s exactly what he wants. But when it was called out at the start everyone defended him.

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
People like @vyze give this lizard credibility. Ben is a leach on here, and I agree remove all his garbage off it. I dno why he pretends to be confused as to why he lost all his players, you lost them because you showed zero respect for ANYONE's feedback, you created the most p2w systems that couldn't be countered by any f2p player. Instead of just bowing out with some dignity, you then fake your own UC thinking it was going to help that dying server. Good riddance mate, glad people can see you for what you are now.

Reactions: w00t84 and zedina