OldSkool Mir (v2) - Release 20th January 7pm

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Important
Recent reports of user count alterations (Under review 08/04/23)

Item selling fees have increased to 20% from 10% at launch.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
@Bon have moved this over to server discussion page for your server discussion so players can keep chatting. For a server ad page just for you do you want to repost what you had on first page and I will approve and post the usual template so that you have a designated page that only you can post on for server updates?
I've done it hopefully its ok

Reactions: Seanofsmeg

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I've done it hopefully its ok
Yea has all the info i need to hit approve so looks good to me :)

Feel free to edit but ill approve it now and post on it before heading to bed. Best of luck with the server :)

Peter_Hoff

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 22, 2010
having a professional attitude to something that players spend hours of their life playing? show dedication and commitment by paying money towards?
How is that a bad thing?
Perhaps I should be more like Win and play my own game, be corrupt, cry at any new thing that I didnt think of, slag off other server owners etc etc.

Please, dont play my server, I honestly dont want you to lol.
Bit rich labelling others as corrupt when you are known for selling items for £ on your servers.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Bit rich labelling others as corrupt when you are known for selling items for £ on your servers.
when you have proof i've sold anything on this server or been corrupt, please let me know and i'll happily close the game down, delete my lomcn again and never return to mir again. past doesn't define the future.

But anyway, dunno why I'm replying to you, you've already made up your opinion but thanks for stopping by

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
dude that sounds dodgy as fk, youve just admitting to selling **** more or less on previous servers..

your PAST ofc defines your future... glad i didnt bother installing this time :/
I like how he highlighted "this server" lmao

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
when you have proof i've sold anything on this server or been corrupt, please let me know and i'll happily close the game down, delete my lomcn again and never return to mir again. past doesn't define the future.
@Martyn Whens OS getting its warnings and avoid tags then?

Reactions: James

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
dude that sounds dodgy as fk, youve just admitting to selling **** more or less on previous servers..

your PAST ofc defines your future... glad i didnt bother installing this time :/
just thought id create a bit more drama, been a bit dry recently since Win got banned :cool:

Honestly doesnt matter what I say... just proves people will think what they want and make their own assumptions, at least the usual people anyway.
Funny that the usual people baited right into that one tho :ROFLMAO:

Its pretty clear from some of the posts on this thread that there is NO changing peoples minds.
Its apparently a pyramid scheme - regardless of how idiotic that is, there is no proof
Apparently I'm corrupt and sell items - but no proof
Apparently this server will have exploits and bugs - because past servers have
Post automatically merged:

I like how he highlighted "this server" lmao
has the salt got worse since your usercount dropped more? QQ

James

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2010
My big question is, what's your cut of every sale the players make? obviously the GG sales are straight into your pocket + cover costs but the NFT side of things will be quite the additional earner too?

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
My big question is, what's your cut of every sale the players make? obviously the GG sales are straight into your pocket + cover costs but the NFT side of things will be quite the additional earner too?
10% fee for anything listed on the marketplace.
We're not really doing it to make money but to see how the concept would work in this enviorment.
End of day if no one buys/sells it dont make anyone any money.

Its also a way to combat gold sellers that do it behind closed doors and perhaps some people get taken advantage of whilst others get better rates etc
This provides an open market.

We can always look to adjust the fee but it just seemed sensible at the time and easy to work with.

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Damn your UC is smashing it almost 300 (296) online be interesting to see where its sitting a week from now if its over 250 I'd say your server is a huge success give the community size.

Poor Zed may not get the server of the year award for 2023. 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: zedina

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
just thought id create a bit more drama, been a bit dry recently since Win got banned :cool:

Honestly doesnt matter what I say... just proves people will think what they want and make their own assumptions, at least the usual people anyway.
Funny that the usual people baited right into that one tho :ROFLMAO:

Its pretty clear from some of the posts on this thread that there is NO changing peoples minds.
Its apparently a pyramid scheme - regardless of how idiotic that is, there is no proof
Apparently I'm corrupt and sell items - but no proof
Apparently this server will have exploits and bugs - because past servers have
Baiting for drama... curse you!

yeah some peoples minds have been made up nothing will alter that but your u/c clearly shows you still pull in the punters, i do hope it all goes well as always.

stop the baiting... youre the master of it ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Vyse

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Baiting for drama... curse you!

yeah some peoples minds have been made up nothing will alter that but your u/c clearly shows you still pull in the punters, i do hope it all goes well as always.

stop the baiting... youre the master of it ;)
Gonna turn into Elon Musk and have the SEC after me for pumping my own crypto (cause apparently I own POLYGON :ROFLMAO:)
Maybe I should make a twitter account......

• Haha
Reactions: Vyse and Sanjian

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
10% fee for anything listed on the marketplace.
We're not really doing it to make money but to see how the concept would work in this enviorment.
End of day if no one buys/sells it dont make anyone any money.

Its also a way to combat gold sellers that do it behind closed doors and perhaps some people get taken advantage of whilst others get better rates etc
This provides an open market.

We can always look to adjust the fee but it just seemed sensible at the time and easy to work with.

So your skimming a massive 10% off the top and then in the next line claim its not about money...... your ******* retarded That old chestnut eh we dont want players rmt'ing but if you let us take a cut of it then its completely fine. joke utter joke this **** is being allowed

just vile ******* scum

Reactions: James

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
So your skimming a massive 10% off the top and then in the next line claim its not about money...... your ******* retarded That old chestnut eh we dont want players rmt'ing but if you let us take a cut of it then its completely fine. joke utter joke this **** is being allowed

just vile ******* scum
LMAO you mad bro ?

• Haha
Reactions: Belle and Vyse

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

just vile ******* scum
Man I can only imagine how you must feel when you have to pay your taxes o_O

Been said many times that people privately trade items for rl money... and half time people get conned or ripped off then GMs are left to deal with the mess.
This just makes it more in the open.
The same way people bot... so we give you your own bot with auto combat.

Sometimes the best way to combat this stuff is to just do it yourself and negate it in the first place.

But thanks for your feedback.

Reactions: theduke

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Man I can only imagine how you must feel when you have to pay your taxes o_O

Been said many times that people privately trade items for rl money... and half time people get conned or ripped off then GMs are left to deal with the mess.
This just makes it more in the open.
The same way people bot... so we give you your own bot with auto combat.

Sometimes the best way to combat this stuff is to just do it yourself and negate it in the first place.

But thanks for your feedback.
Honestly at first I really disliked the feature because of fake inflation of bots.
But then I realized it most probably put to dirt (I really hope so) those levelers that literally ruin mir servers with their 1.5gbp/hour 24/7 rotation.

Not bad...

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Honestly at first I really disliked the feature because of fake inflation of bots.
But then I realized it most probably put to dirt (I really hope so) those levelers that literally ruin mir servers with their 1.5gbp/hour 24/7 rotation.

Not bad...

Auto just free's up some time for people to spend with family or on other things and as you said screws people who pay for power levellers or use macros and bots to do it because everyone is capable its why I never really understood why the community threw such a wobbler about it because people have been doing it via other methods for years this way everyone is on a level playing field.

Reactions: Belle

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Auto just free's up some time for people to spend with family or on other things and as you said screws people who pay for power levellers or use macros and bots to do it because everyone is capable its why I never really understood why the community threw such a wobbler about it because people have been doing it via other methods for years this way everyone is on a level playing field.
Honestly I don't mind someone who macros its not as much as efficient as paying someone from Malaysia 1.50gbp an hour 24/7.

I m curious though how is auto play on a wiz/tao, bet on warrior/sin it fits like a glove.

I dislike autoplay but I m that type of person who looks on the bright side no matter how cloudy it is. I do hope that autoplay will outcome those paid levelers who maliciously ruined lots of servers for players that only wanted to enjoy some hours casually.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Timeline:
OS announced with auto combat
Thread posted to get OS banned for auto combat
Abuse given to OS for "ruining mir"
OS launches
positive feedback about auto combat + high usercount
... 1 month later