OldSkool Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
@Bon any more info on actual caves etc? All I see is instances this and instances that, guessing there’s going to be normal caves/temples etc to?

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
it’s not all PvP, plenty of PvE to be getting on with to, but yer mainly PvP :p

Yeah being a PvP server, I love the side of PvP in Mir, but I am crap at it (so don't really enjoy it)
> That and when I used to be 'OK' at it, all you get when people are nearly dead is the RT/TT fiasco which after a good scrap is the most boring **** ever.

But yeah, I dont think its a server I will be able to log on and get too much done if people are murdering each other xD

Reactions: deano13

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Yeah being a PvP server, I love the side of PvP in Mir, but I am crap at it (so don't really enjoy it)
> That and when I used to be 'OK' at it, all you get when people are nearly dead is the RT/TT fiasco which after a good scrap is the most boring **** ever.

But yeah, I dont think its a server I will be able to log on and get too much done if people are murdering each other xD

just don’t enter the PvP tourneys etc, and it’ll be like any other server, the usual PvP for bosses etc, if it’s anything like Bens old servers there be plenty of caves and bosses etc to be hunting in 👍🏻

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
@LightBringer i can hold your hand if ya like mate, or bring @Sanjian along, you can both help each other against all those nasty bully beefs 😆
Please do! haha

Nah its the way people described the server it was going to be a constant blood bath is all, and that aint for me!

Might give it a look, see what its all about!

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Please do! haha

Nah its the way people described the server it was going to be a constant blood bath is all, and that aint for me!

Might give it a look, see what its all about!

every server has its fights/pks etc, there is just more events etc on this one for it that’s all, everything else is the same PvE wise

Reactions: LightBringer

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
i miss special rings :( No server ever uses them anymore it's ****.

They make the game better tbh just need to be super rare drops, something epic to strive for, don't allow item special repairs and it won't be an issue no one will have them forever that and they have no to very low stats so you sacrifice damage for them..

I think it would be fantastic if a server owner designed the balance to actually include things like this and making para's, protect rings etc a rare drop BUT to also expand the line up.

You feel like your character is something more when you have a para/protect ring, set items and stats that bring versatilty to the table as opposed to raw power ( attack speed war vs DC heavy warr vs Super soaker , Sin Vamp set).

Obviously prioritising PvP, we could have quite a few additions, what springs to mind for now because I'm a LoL freak...

Frozen Heart -3 set- (10-10 ac + 10% additional armor + 300 mana + Accuracy +5 Crit +10) - Taking damage has a chance to inflict Attack speed debuff and a Minor slow (increases max mana for Sins, gives something for all classes and combo's with Protect Ring rather nicely, just the damage tradeoff with this set!)

Phantom -3 set- (+20 crit, +20 agility, HP +200) - Using any dash, blink or transportation method makes your character untargetable and able to pass through players and monsters for 2 seconds.

I know it could be mad but I feel that stats and diverse builds don't get played around with much, I think it would also be great to do many items or set ideas to build diversity and their wouldn't be any need for the sub class suggestion I mentioned. I think Mir has potential for some exciting "moba" item mechanics for PvP.

Soulspring88

LOMCN Member
Jan 22, 2018
Barnsley, UK
Could be cool having more special stuff yeah, ring of phasing turns off unit collision with mobs and players, ring of cleansing purges debuffs every 5 seconds, ring of poison immunity, ring of the devout.. No standard stats just a large chunk of holy stat be great vs undead mobs etc., ring of veteran gives a flat percentage increase to exp but gives no stats

Last edited:

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I am sensing the amount of PvP in this server is increasing and this poor tao is going to get afk pk'd as early lvls I tend to watch a bit too much netflix while auto attacking and holding F1 to heal haha

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
I am sensing the amount of PvP in this server is increasing and this poor tao is going to get afk pk'd as early lvls I tend to watch a bit too much netflix while auto attacking and holding F1 to heal haha
LMFAO

nah there’s gnna be lots of pvp, but there’s always PVE, instances too if u cba to contest, also just rt not like ppl are gunna hunt u down if u ain’t got op kit lol unless u contest a boss

Smidge

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2009
LMFAO

nah there’s gnna be lots of pvp, but there’s always PVE, instances too if u cba to contest, also just rt not like ppl are gunna hunt u down if u ain’t got op kit lol unless u contest a boss

unless you’re me.. people are going to hunt me down. My name has a bounty on it I swear to god..

Paying in levels for a security guard 😂

/Bench

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Awesome feature.

Shame I am dogshit at PvP so wont be playing the server :(
why does being good at PvP make the difference between you playing or not? dont understand.
is it because of the level up down feature?
as you need to be aware that its only in affect if someone murders you.
most guilds will war each other to avoid cursing, and thus wont actually steal / gain levels in reality

Status
Not open for further replies.