OldSkool Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Join Discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Suggestion: Having ShoulderDash on Mouse Pointer so where ever your mouse is pointing your character will instantly spin and dash that way.

Was on Marble and always thought it would work really well on a High rate server, never seen a server use this feature since it was really fun.

I wish I played marble!
Looking forward to seeing this HR go live :)

Reactions: KillerMan

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I wish I played marble!
Looking forward to seeing this HR go live :)

It was Unreal bro, i hope once Jamie has Sapphire complete he release's Marble like he did with Zircon, Mir2 would be in such a good place with them files only problem is it would be beyond simple for Cash Cow server even more so than now.

I think you'd of loved Marble early game, end game went a bit crazy with Skill modifers on Charms.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
It was Unreal bro, i hope once Jamie has Sapphire complete he release's Marble like he did with Zircon, Mir2 would be in such a good place with them files only problem is it would be beyond simple for Cash Cow server even more so than now.

I think you'd of loved Marble early game, end game went a bit crazy with Skill modifers on Charms.

If you would decompile Marble client and see the code structure then analyze the zircon source, you would realize that Zircon its a Marble on steroids.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
If you would decompile Marble client and see the code structure then analyze the zircon source, you would realize that Zircon its a Marble on steroids.

Why does it matter ? still the best Mir2 files we've seen.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Why does it matter ? still the best Mir2 files we've seen.

The point was that you dont need Jamie to release Marble,
The Zircon engine its powerful enough to top up the Mir2 Game. It just needs a not lazy coder to adjust it into Mir2.
(You got all the frames, UI and such on the code of Marble which fits the Zircon structure)

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
See my original plan was for a second server to release a Mir2 server using Zircon Source.

The only downside is I am super familiar with large portions of TPR code.

We shall see in the future.
The one thing I do love is how smooth Zircon is.

I suppose its that or I try my hand at a Mir3 server ....

Reactions: Piff1

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
See my original plan was for a second server to release a Mir2 server using Zircon Source.

Actually think going Mir3 would benefit your credibility...

As you already have an approved Mir2 server with a number of loyal players it would be a shame to cut them dry after they put so much in...you could run TPR aswell as a Mir3 at the same time, ya never know you could have 2 servers that end up approved!

I can see your itching for a new server as you mention it in almost every other thread lolol, keeping TPR and having a Mir3 would only bring positives to u 👍🏻

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Actually think going Mir3 would benefit your credibility...

As you already have an approved Mir2 server with a number of loyal players it would be a shame to cut them dry after they put so much in...you could run TPR aswell as a Mir3 at the same time, ya never know you could have 2 servers that end up approved!

I can see your itching for a new server as you mention it in almost every other thread lolol, keeping TPR and having a Mir3 would only bring positives to u 👍🏻

haha I just have tons of ideas, and to be fair, one of my test servers is nothing like TPR as its where I test ideas that tend to fail miserably (as in I dont like them for TPR).

I would never have 2 Mir2 servers running in tandem anyway; just thinking about plans for the fuuuutuuuuure

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa

I'd like to see this.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Mir 2> mir 3. mir 3 play for pve. less skill cant dodge spells ect i fount the Two mir 3 servers i played to be fully cash cows and 1 shot fest the movement also does not feel any were even close to mir 2 movement / pvp

Reactions: LOMValkyrie

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
@astrix
Mir2 - if you had agility, could you dodge wizards spells?

>Or was it a case of you could side step certain spells to 'dodge' them?

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
@astrix
Mir2 - if you had agility, could you dodge wizards spells?

>Or was it a case of you could side step certain spells to 'dodge' them?

In Mir2 1.4-Hero files, you could zig-zag you movement and the skill would sometimes not register and just fly straight past you, if you was ACPI'd and the caster wasn't you'd rarely hit 1 in 10 shots, 2 people the same speed i'd say you'd miss 2 out of 10 casts if you got lucky so it wasn't really crazy unless you had ACPI'd your PC.

littletao

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 2, 2013
is it open for beta now ?
Post automatically merged:

server off ?

Last edited:

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Aaron, if Jamie was to released sapphire or marble files, it would ruin mir2, cash cow central, billions of servers be coming up every day, it’ll just be abused, I hope Jamie will NEVER release them, most these douchebags don’t deserve his work, same with zircon files, everyone ripped it for quick £££, infamous for example... if Jamie didn’t release them files what u think mir3 would be like... only Zed’s server and the rest of them shitty servers... Jamie put effort in, other server makers should too.

Reactions: zedina

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Like piff said, its nothing to do with the skill landing, acpi and you can 'dodge' casted spells

=>im not in the node you casted im beside you hitting you but your screen says otherwise kinda dodge

Didnt play heroes much, so i may have overlooked*

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
You could easily mimic the 'dodge' of spells/hits landing to make it 'feel' closer to the ancient 1.4/2.3/heroes files, you just need to check if the object being struck is actually in the original location of when the request was received.

Status
Not open for further replies.