OldSkool Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Simple answer bud. Yes you can drop upto to 1-3 items or 0 from body depending on how lucky /unlucky you are. Also a random chance of w.e in your bag

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Simple answer bud. Yes you can drop upto to 1-3 items or 0 from body depending on how lucky /unlucky you are. Also a random chance of w.e in your bag
unless you play valkyrie and drop 5/6 lol

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Pretty sure body drops were not a thing towards the end
it's true, it killed the whole need for pvp, it was only ever a few fights at bosses after that, but could that be the reason it died?

everoyne who played early on had body drops and kept playing and not only that it wasn't free, people were paying to play a game that you had a chance to drop items...

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
@Bon will there also be PVE instances (probably with better loot / loot chances) where you can meet other groups and fight over bosses? for those BDD type brawls
theres instances for the carebears/ chilled out people who can queue up go for a round of hunting in one of the instacnes where its safe,

other than that, theres going to be quite a few PK focused bosses/world bosses for us pvpers to fight for, so theres an option to go to caves with not the best loot but you dont get pked, or go to the good bosses/caves and chance of pk

Soulspring88

LOMCN Member
Jan 22, 2018
Barnsley, UK
theres instances for the carebears/ chilled out people who can queue up go for a round of hunting in one of the instacnes where its safe,

other than that, theres going to be quite a few PK focused bosses/world bosses for us pvpers to fight for, so theres an option to go to caves with not the best loot but you dont get pked, or go to the good bosses/caves and chance of pk

ah great this sounds right up my alley, I'm hyped for this now haha :D

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
like i said, bens servers are always pk/hunt focused, so he'll always make sure theres big fights goin on

Reactions: Abdozaki

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Ben already explained the instances on Discord.

They will bring no additional or less items than normal hunting caves, it's for when people want to hunt without being bummed constantly. Given the fact you get rewarded for PKing, you could almost say it puts you at a disadvantage as you'll never be able to get the benefits from killing people. Similarly if your only interest for the day, or ever in the server is to hunt without being killed....thats where those players will be :)

Although I don't rate experience from beta very highly, since it was only a day and not that many people, Ben mentioned the ratio of outer caves to instance use was actually favouring hunting caves...but would take that with a pinch of salt.

At the end of the day, whether people like it or not....the argument over instances is already boring people lol. Ben has a firm stance of what he is looking to do, with instances included. Love or leave it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: WhyJewBanMe

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Instances arent that bad

Enables lower kitted people to kit up easier, then they get confident +involved more

Ik 9/10ppl on chron wouldnt have the kit to face me w.o instances, they brought kit, and more pk.

Yes the main bosses are killed less ..slightly less pk for them but all round i think they are beneficial for pkers and none pkers, obviously if somebody doesnt fight, ever...they wont drop.

Idk any player to rt on sight 100% of the time

Not arguing Potts just my view

MoltenDrip

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 30, 2012
Colorado
What about adding a "Super", like in Destiny. REFERENCE ONLY

Each and every player can cast a "Super", once their bar is full.
"Super Bar" can only be filled by hunting mobs, with a slight increase of gain for boss kills. (Ex. 1 mob kill = 1 Super point/ 1 boss kill = 2 Super points)
- 500 kill points to fill. (Points stop increasing, once bar is full. NO OVER FLOW/RESERVE.)
- Only way to lose it, is to use it.
- After "Super" is used, the "Super Points" are reset back to "0 of 500". (Points accumulator being an automatic system.)
- 24hr Cool Down!
- "Super", will maximize the damage of a spell by 5x, of the players current stats, at the MAX Luck Value.
- Can only be used with Select Skills, that are Single Target Attacks.
- Effect can only be applied to one skill at a time
- Once applied, a highlighted copy of the skill Icon will appear in the Ctrl+F4 slot, of the Skill Bar. Your "Super" attack is now locked and loaded.

-NO DEATH DROPS IF KILLED BY A "SUPER" ATTACK-
-IF KILLED BY A "SUPER" ATTACK, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN IN GAME MESSAGE INDICATING SO-
-KILLS AND DEATHS BY "SUPER" ATTACKS, WILL ACCOUNT FOR TWO LEVELS BEING DEDUCTED OR ADDED TO YOUR CHARACTER-

Everyone's vulnerable, and anyone can be a threat. Strategy>Power, may the weaker, but smarter team win.

Pros: ALL
Cons: Probably a **** load of work

Reactions: Hany

canteducateme

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 22, 2018
That's right! If you get PK'd by someone lower level, or within 10 levels higher than you, they'll take your level off you!
Its a straight swap, the dead person loses 1 level, the winner gains 1 level.
There are no rules on this system, if you want to sell levels to players, or gift to your friends, feel free!

- P2W, rather **** in my hands and clap - Ripper out.

• Haha
Reactions: Cleopatra

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I remember some brutal stories from Euro P server, one happening to my Irl mate Teralious when he was new to Mir, he was only level 34 at the time, solo'd ES and had a DSS drop, in comes Limpie 45 Warrior and stands on Teralious DSS and Tera couldn't damage her enough to get her to move lmao and she just waited and took it.

Remember battling @NightScare and Teralious outside BW bookshop for hours and hours daily

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I remember some brutal stories from Euro P server, one happening to my Irl mate Teralious when he was new to Mir, he was only level 34 at the time, solo'd ES and had a DSS drop, in comes Limpie 45 Warrior and stands on Teralious DSS and Tera couldn't damage her enough to get her to move lmao and she just waited and took it.

Remember battling @NightScare and Teralious outside BW bookshop for hours and hours daily

Limpie haha I remember many a times hunting in BDD with NoWhereMan /OrignalMampi who would drop everything to chase and PK him haha

Reactions: Scampi

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
Hey bud,

Any chance that the server could launch at 12pm Saturday instead of 12am Friday night/Saturday morning.

Surely it makes more sense to do it that way round :D

• Haha
Reactions: Martyn
Status
Not open for further replies.