OldSkool Mir

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Lol pretty certain "Eden Files" is not the recognised base of any of those cash grab **** servers. Perhaps the database was of Edens (Didn't that also release like 2/3 times? I don't follow Mir2 much anymore), but the base is Crystal. Perhaps a custom Crystal, but Crystal none the less.
Aah, the confusion, you're quite right. The use of the word 'files' here is misleading. But that's how folks started to call it. I assumed that would be self-understood. But explaining that more fully would make for an even longer write up and that is frowned upon around here, in my case anyway. I tried to be brief and make it an easy read to forgo slighting comments from local experts.

Of course, Eden server was developed on Crystal files base, pretty certainly modified for Eden server. The release that caused all those accusations around here since then is (IMO) due to this post:

Reactions: Tai

Abdozaki

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 22, 2013
Idek?
We have to be notified before launching date though in order to sort out a decent PC.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
We have to be notified before launching date though in order to sort out a decent PC.

How is this still a thing? It's becoming a 2 decade old game and people still don't have the PC for it?

You could pick something up from the tip and have it be powerful enough...Just walk into PC World and buy any old **** and it will be fine. Stay away from Laptops and it will be even better and cheaper.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
How is this still a thing? It's becoming a 2 decade old game and people still don't have the PC for it?

You could pick something up from the tip and have it be powerful enough...Just walk into PC World and buy any old **** and it will be fine. Stay away from Laptops and it will be even better and cheaper.

Although i agree, the last sentence was just pure bullshit xD most of the PC in PC world are just home-pc's which don't even have a Graphics card so in any pvp / populated screen you'd be dipping well under 60 FPS on a lot of them PCS.. And let's be honest who the **** would buy a gaming-pc from PC world lol.

Is quite mind boggling people don't have PC good enough to run Crystal now though, i mean there refurbs on Ebay for 80£ with Nvidia 920 Graphics card thats plenty enough power for Crystal.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Although i agree, the last sentence was just pure bullshit xD most of the PC in PC world are just home-pc's which don't even have a Graphics card so in any pvp / populated screen you'd be dipping well under 60 FPS on a lot of them PCS.. And let's be honest who the **** would buy a gaming-pc from PC world lol.

Is quite mind boggling people don't have PC good enough to run Crystal now though, i mean there refurbs on Ebay for 80£ with Nvidia 920 Graphics card thats plenty enough power for Crystal.

Well I was thinking if they don't own a PC good enough to run Mir files, they wouldn't have a Monitor decent enough to even display 60 FPS properly.

I buy SSD build i5s for my Office for around the £600 mark, onboard graphics too....runs Mir files perfectly fine lol.

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Optiplex 745

65pound ebay

Fastest pc on chron, prob cheapest too....

Tag means **** all with older mirs my 650p i7 tower is slower than my dual core i5 laptop, weirdly its the same with crystal....

Laptop is basic af, idk how it runs better..

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Bon mentioned something about it being in feb. if not late feb ;/ so long time yet.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
1578485270855.png
deffo is not in jan tell ya that late feb if that. few things late assasins ive not seen been put on forums or spells. Just hoping there expecting more users than bon currently is. As my only concern for me is content wise.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Suggestion: Having ShoulderDash on Mouse Pointer so where ever your mouse is pointing your character will instantly spin and dash that way.

Was on Marble and always thought it would work really well on a High rate server, never seen a server use this feature since it was really fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.