[Approved] OldSkool [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
@KillerMan

Been playing server since Launch currently have a 139 Assassin, 121 Warrior, and 110 Wizard made one of each to test PVP/PVE to see how the balance of the server was.

Warrior Without a doubt well OP I was handling BDD at level 100 and thats a level160 area I can also kill bosses in a couple of hit and in PVP stomp on any class but taoist with little to no effort.

Assassin Class is basically a weaker version of warrior, it can do the same things as a warrior can but it requires better stats to do so. Since launch it got gimped each day well warrior got buffed which in turn make the class basically a crap warrior.

Wizard Lack decent single target damage spell with good range forcing them close melee for both bosses & PVP, There AOE such as FF does less than both Warriors/Assassins and casts slower, there gear dependant, there hp pool is so low it's possible for melee to 1 shot them but they don't deal enough damage to pose a serious threat to melee unless you catch a melee character in a big lure.

As for Wizards PVP Stright up PVP they can deal some damage vs groups yeah but there not getting the kill with ease the class requires a lot more skill to play and 1 slip means death for you but vs melee 1 slip means absolutely nothing. They don't pose a big enough threat to melee at all.

So I agree with you fully currently Wizards are sub par vs melee classes but from what I've read and seen of taoist pvp they can't kill anyone and killing them it stupidly difficult.

I plan on making a taoist next so that I can see how they play for my self but going off the players and my own experience either casters need buffing or melee needs nerfing.

• Haha
Reactions: Amrod

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
@KillerMan

Been playing server since Launch currently have a 139 Assassin, 121 Warrior, and 110 Wizard made one of each to test PVP/PVE to see how the balance of the server was.

Warrior Without a doubt well OP I was handling BDD at level 100 and thats a level160 area I can also kill bosses in a couple of hit and in PVP stomp on any class but taoist with little to no effort.

Assassin Class is basically a weaker version of warrior, it can do the same things as a warrior can but it requires better stats to do so. Since launch it got gimped each day well warrior got buffed which in turn make the class basically a crap warrior.

Wizard Lack decent single target damage spell with good range forcing them close melee for both bosses & PVP, There AOE such as FF does less than both Warriors/Assassins and casts slower, there gear dependant, there hp pool is so low it's possible for melee to 1 shot them but they don't deal enough damage to pose a serious threat to melee unless you catch a melee character in a big lure.

As for Wizards PVP Stright up PVP they can deal some damage vs groups yeah but there not getting the kill with ease the class requires a lot more skill to play and 1 slip means death for you but vs melee 1 slip means absolutely nothing. They don't pose a big enough threat to melee at all.

So I agree with you fully currently Wizards are sub par vs melee classes but from what I've read and seen of taoist pvp they can't kill anyone and killing them it stupidly difficult.

I plan on making a taoist next so that I can see how they play for my self but going off the players and my own experience either casters need buffing or melee needs nerfing.

I got a level 200+ wizard and been playing since launch and I enjoy fighting but this is probably the only server where i was put off from pking/defending myself.

Wizard do deal damage 800-1.5k will FF, but bare in mind warriors running with 8k+ hp. That’s between 6-10 shots in FF without them potting up, or running away/tting. It’s suppose to be a high risk, high reward spell.

In my humble opionion the level pk feature is ****, only benefits mele characters from what I have seen thus far. Wizard being the worst to suffer from due to their low health pool which makes them an easy target. PK is gonna happen to regardless since body drop is on but having this feature in place doesn’t encourage pk, as you cannot commit 100% to a fight, as soon as your about to die or in immediate danger and you have a few people ganging up on you; it’s best to rt incase of losing a level.

twigletuk

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Oct 17, 2005
Crewe Cheshire
warriors have alot mre hp then 8k. im a 166 wiz and see no point in pking as i do hardly no dmg with clsoe to 660mc. t bolt is better then fd and there both ****. was going to make a sin but after reading this thread maybe ill jump warr

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
Out of curiocity what hp does wizard have at 200?

I think the big thing with PVP balance is that Warriors BA deals massive damage in PVP I've seen them outside SZ fighting and there running around throwing BA at each other Warrior which I think hits out 3x3 On any offical I played on Warriors never really had an AOE that size which meant they had to get into proper melee with casters to kill them which gave them a bit more breathing room. I'd also say there HP Pool is a tad too high. If they nerf BA and there HP a tad it would make Wizards a bit more of a threat.

As for Taoist I think they need either there Poison cloud damage buffing a bit or single target, There is also complaints about there pets not being able to survive in 120+ zones which if that is the case then the pets might need some more defence adding.

Assassin I'd probs look at giving them some more damage, and lower there hp a bit.

Wizard I'd probs look at either giving them some tamable pets if your going to force a glass cannon range class to fight in melee or increase the range on there single targets to 8 squares like it was on offical. (Side note there damage vs sub/bosses is trash and given your buffing higher bosses you might wanna test wizards vs them to make sure they can even hit the things took my like 20-30 casts to kill antking with FD and 322 MC)

Thats just my opinion on the matter, do as you wish I'm still going to play because this server its where the community is playing at the moment and I'd rather play a server with more ppl and problems than one with low amount of users and no problem.

Infairness to the GM's though they are trying to fix/improve the server so I'm fine with waiting a week or so to see how the wind is blowing if Warrior is still the master race I'll just play that.

Last edited:

HxH

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 17, 2017
hmm, as a casual player, the pk system does suck for me, every time when u tp to any caves, there is always gonna be some thirsty lvl hunters trying to kill u whilst checking out cave quest npc. Might need a small sz around npc or just put it on THE BEST NPC with one major category of cave quest.
also gm should disable rts one floor before KR. warr: Never played warr before, but i do feel like slashing burst should do dmgs or at least make enermy finch when u hitting em. tao: hmm, not a fun class to play early lvl before poison cloud but not bad. sin: op ****. wiz: hmm, not a pick for pvp.

Reactions: Rehse

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Stack crit. I’m a 202 sin, was pvping hustler other day, I had 12k hp he can crit me for 1.5k Met ticks, between 1.5-4K flamefields, u guys don’t get a root on MET/BLIZ when u take damage, you can walk out and still rape melee with Met and FF, you just need to hit your power spike.

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006
would be nice if gold pickup was on kill, the floor visual with no loot filter is pure aids. Add pots to shop and remove pots/gold from drop list. drop the timer for dropped items to disappear .

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
It would also be good if the assassin attack speed spell and agility spell had the same duration at level 3

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
You don’t have to donate at all, yes Mir kit is in the GS but it’s random boxes so you may get an item not for your class, I’m a 180 war with a pretty decent kit and all I’ve donated is a fiver for a pet to pick up the gold. It’s a fun server imo.

As for warriors being OP I have to lol, if your a caster class and your letting a war get close to you then what do you expect... it’s very easy to target melees on here, you can basically lock on with single target skills, you can constantly flinch us even when we are running.... I mean Taos wow, two pets hardly any CD poison cloud and basically lock on SFB to melees.... wiz just step and FF, met and blizz doesn’t root you.... seriously L2P your caster class.

Reactions: Morganja

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
Clearly someone doesn’t know what they’re talking about. Our range is limited to 7-8 steps meaning casters cannot cast from a far distance, so it’s rather easy to get close to a wizard. Unlike Taoist we don’t have a pet or curse to slow down melees down. All we’ve got is firewall which does 100-300 damage.

Step and FF? I’ve done the maths it’ll take roughly 6-10 shots before killing a warrior - 6 consecutive FF with the hope of a warrior not hitting me? Everyone is entitled to say stupid things once in a while but you’re really abusing that privilege.

Met and blizzard? You’re a genius aren’t you? Yeah, let me use met/blizzard while a warrior stands still for me. Wouldn’t maybe, let’s say they would use a spell called dash?

Last edited:
Reactions: Vyse

Vyse

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 29, 2004
Manchester/Stockport
As for warriors being OP I have to lol, if your a caster class and your letting a war get close to you then what do you expect...

That would be true if casters played like a range class and didn't have to rely on melee spells to PVP. Reguardless GM's do what they do if they fix cool if not roll a warrior like most players who are unhappy I guess.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Same format as 3heros / 4heros / oldskool... What did people expect?

Mir kit isn't even rare, stop crying.

It isn't the top tier kit, the top tier kit isn't in GS, there many legendary/mythical/godly items that's not even dropped yet.

Also don't think Hany/Ben don't have content ready and waiting, they've always been quick with updates, even since oldskool 1.4 bens very first server.

• Haha
Reactions: Swampduck

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
From what I saw when I was playing the GMs we’re trying to balance it all with casting and player hits whilst running...looked like they were getting somewhere.

I played a sin, great early game but warriors took over, that’s always been the case though

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
From what I saw when I was playing the GMs we’re trying to balance it all with casting and player hits whilst running...looked like they were getting somewhere.

I played a sin, great early game but warriors took over, that’s always been the case though

Stack Crit damage, Sins slap people about.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Hp drain still seems really nice PVE at 50% i'm using that at the moment with a few EXPgain shards.