[Approved] OldSkool [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Chrome

LOMCN n00bie
Feb 27, 2020
@Bon

Hi Ben,

Few suggestions from my gameplay so far.

Pet Collector:

1.) Not to pick up items in town
2.) Have a lootbox options
3.) Have a pot option

Spells:

TDB toggle

Other:

Sun potions to stack
Loot boxes to stack

Reactions: KillerMan

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I got a level 200+ wizard and been playing since launch and I enjoy fighting but this is probably the only server where i was put off from pking/defending myself.

Wizard do deal damage 800-1.5k will FF, but bare in mind warriors running with 8k+ hp. That’s between 6-10 shots in FF without them potting up, or running away/tting. It’s suppose to be a high risk, high reward spell.

In my humble opionion the level pk feature is ****, only benefits mele characters from what I have seen thus far. Wizard being the worst to suffer from due to their low health pool which makes them an easy target. PK is gonna happen to regardless since body drop is on but having this feature in place doesn’t encourage pk, as you cannot commit 100% to a fight, as soon as your about to die or in immediate danger and you have a few people ganging up on you; it’s best to rt incase of losing a level.

Agree with this.

I 100% play mir for PK.

But as a wizard, I now just rt when ever i see anyone, as I'm not going to risk loosing 45mins-1 hour of leveling to a small slip up.

All it takes is for your shield to go down at the wrong time and you get 1hit.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
Am I crazy or does moonlight have a lower duration at level 3?

In any case it needs a buff :)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Why has it taken you guys like 5 days to add Hard Torchs into the game? Like 40-50 Melee are just not leaving SZ because we can't level, our kits have dropped to 2/3 Dura, we've Wasted 100's of millions in HolyShards putting into our kit, which now is useless because our kit's dura has been raped.

Hard Torchs are already in the standard Crystal source and work PERFECTLY fine, i don't get it??

Also see a lot of " Remove Reflect / HpDrain " in Discord, don't be one of them server team's where you let 300 players abuse the **** out of something for this amount of time then take it out / super nerf it, this must of been tested in Beta surely.

Reactions: KillerMan

marloner3224

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 10, 2018
I don’t know about other classes per say, but I can speak for wizards in particular they simply suck.

We can’t cast spells from far ranges (talking about 7-8 steps away) this makes it harder for us in PK, as we have to close the distant and harder to solo bosses, since we can’t FW far

Struggling to kill basic bosses that level 150 kills with ease

We die to meles in a couple of 2-4 hits yet about 10 hits to kill them without them potting up. FF is super weak, it’s suppose to be high risk, high reward spell...

Worst part is this is suppose to be a pk server, but I have engaged in pretty much none because it’s not worth it. I’ve spoken to a few other wizards in game who said the same. There’s too much to lose (your kit and your level) and seeing as damage output is ****, there’s no point in engaging

This server isn’t polished, I never expected it to be. Anyone who played bens server before can vouch for this but what makes it fun is Ben listens to feedback and adjusts accordingly. I hope these points can be addressed as am getting a bit demotivated to continue playing for PVE aspect
Imagine wizz here is 4 hits by sin even you're highest lvl on them still can't kill sin too much backstab and too much flinch on the clone

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
So I have played OS and there were quite a few things I enjoyed and others I was quite confused about, but thought I would relay my thoughts!

So I really enjoyed a lot of the game for the short term (High Rates burn me out quick).

My 2(3) Main issues are:

HPDrain

it is still insanely good even at 25% (so IDK what people will be doing when they are at 75%) - i know its actually 1/4 of the % but its still insanely strong.
it is the fact it applies to AoE; and you will struggle to balance it, it will either be too strong, or too weak, imo.

P2W/Drops
Whilst I get the kits aren't the strongest ones in the GS, It is the P2W aspect of the server that has really diluted drops on here, unless you get an item stronger than a Mir item, its very underwhelming to get an item drop (well, obtained from a loot box) accompanied by boss hunting being worse than killing level 9/10 normal monsters (and there doesn't really seem to be much difference between killing a level 10 oma warrior and a level 10 red cave boss - I actually got better consistently from OW then the level 10 bosses)

Really enjoyed my brief time on the server, I like the short term hype of High Rates (getting tons of items, upgrades, levels etc) but it quickly falls flat for me.

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
I strongly agree with lb. without the mir loot boxes they probably would be a ruff 20 odd dropped from actual bosses. Even then they have more than likely came from lvled 9/ 10 mobs. We have camped ost and other180+ areas spawns after spawns. Yet to see any item in comparison to mir one hero wep from ost. yet 20+ from instances. Again was told instances would not drop better but clearly do. And the reply given is * they cannot drop what bosses can * Ok. thats fine. But they are not actually dropping anything of value?

Dura is beyond ****ed tbh why hard torch was not implented long ago for gg and cash is astonishing . Lifesteal i agree needed nerfing. But the people with the actual Weapon have not even gained a + in sc or any other stat to compromise for the complete gut of the wep. it was meant for that soul purpose i get nerfing life steal but not even upping the blood sucker weps again just seems lazy and feels like the dont like it sell your wep approach. I would not of purchased the wep if you didnt openly say was 2nd best wep ingame.

Been saying since 2nd day boss drops worse than mobs. all the exp neckys reflect glass armour tank armour all came from low 50 lvl 10 mobs i dont think ( correct me if im wrong) any one has had a exp necky or reflect tank arm i.e rare from a actual boss. And even then seems if they did its apart of the global drop system and not the actual boss file its self.
simply. without mir boxes in gg half these people would be in bog standard kit. Em dropped 1 mir loot box in over 16kills. Lunar boss took us the best kitted full mir mythical stated kits ingame with 2 taos spamming single heal to get 1 bene and 50k gold pile. i wont or ever see the logic in that. And more than likely the reply will be its rng . you cant have boss drops 1/1 getting old now. we got that 1st 2-3days but fact still remains Mobs drop better than bosses. Also if the old skool or new set was dropping i dont think people would feel as not p2w. but atm there is nothing to show boss wise that its not.

Last edited:

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Meanwhile I went oma cave made 3m in a run ^_^_^_^_^_^,

Lunar dropped 30k btw, split between 10 people

KnightmareEnt

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Nov 11, 2016
just a question is there anyway you can make the crescent slash skill passive I mean its similar to warriors Halfmoon also anyone thinking of increasing haste time at level 3 to 3 minutes like light body

KillerMan

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 12, 2009
This was probably the worst server in 2020. It’s obvious nothing was tested, everything is pretty much copied and pasted from previous server.

- Dura runs quick on items
- Bosses drop files are the same
- Classes are not balanced
- HP Drain / Crit / Reflect should all be removed from game
- More than 95% of wizard spell are useless (I assume this applies to other classes)
- Die to someone who is lower than you and you lose a level
- Solo anything and everything
- Only two towns ingame, all caves you get teleported to (lazy approach...)
- MW War should be once a day instead of every three hour
- Rerolling an item is stupid, stats should be static
- Pay to win (shards, Mir items, mounts etc)

The worst part is this server is suppose to be a PVP server lol having a silly feature of dying and losing your level is daft. Doesn’t encourage people to commit to a fight

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
To all those that logged on and gave it ago - thank you for giving it ago and thank you for your views and feedback.
We are not all going to share the same opinion, but all I ask is that you give it ago.

I'm not going to respond to each individual comments or hate, if you dont like it simply dont play... or better yet go make your own server and see just how "easy" it is to run a server with over 300 users online all the time.

Those that are still playing seem to be enjoying it.. we feel like we've got to a nice balance point now and can start with the updates.

Also just a side note... for those saying its pay 2 win and "Mir items are in shop which are best ingame"... As I said day 1 - they are not the best items ingame, and people are starting to obtain different types of items and sets now and replacing them.
I think people are finally figuring out the value of a 3 socketed item :D

We've listened to the feedback of the community and we've made appropriate adjustments and will always continue to do so. No one is perfect and its rarely perfect first time round.

WhyPk

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2012
over 300 users online all the time.

In over your head a bit mate.

Friendly advice to whoever is complaining about rushed content and p2w.... do your due diligence about the hosts before joining.. and since you didn't, or somehow you thought it was going to be magically different this time around, you still have a decent usercount to play with, enjoy it while it lasts.

Reactions: ventus

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Also just a side note... for those saying its pay 2 win and "Mir items are in shop which are best ingame"... As I said day 1 - they are not the best items ingame, and people are starting to obtain different types of items and sets now and replacing them.
I think people are finally figuring out the value of a 3 socketed item :D

I don't think you know what "Pay 2 Win" means. You are selling items ingame which give an advantage over other players. Even if they are not the best items in game, they are a stepping stone to making it easier to obtaining the best items in game.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Yea it really isn't bad at all, Mir items really are not a big deal, can get them from heroic instances and they're not the best items.

Just mind boggles me, everybody knew the score with loot boxs on bens servers.