Opinions

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
This is my first real "attempt" at doing something productive with some graphics software (i say attempt, but i was jsut bored and decided i wanted a new sig so got some iamges and put them together)

FMA-feather.png

The guy in the image was screen capped from an anime, then the bg was cut out using paint. The Circle in the bg is from the same anime, but found on deviantart.

I just want opionions on how it looks really

(Done using Fireworks MX, cos i aint got photoshop)

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
The colors should be more bright IMO.

Shard

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jul 12, 2003
Quite good for you Shaney. Cutout is very good. Download Photoshop and see how you do with that. Also it was half 3 when you posted that, you should be in bed by then. Don't want any accidents like last time do we :P

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
Full Metal Alchemist, i like it, but the border is a bit nasty as the white shows up, font cud be better 2 :)

FUTURA

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 25, 2003
DXB
Font is so crap its unbelievable. Other than that its not bad, but not really good either!

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Thanks Everyone for the feedback :)

Ingel: Is the one at the bottom of this post any better? (Edit: I nvr got round to actually doing a new one, i'll get it done tomororw | Edit2: See next post)

Shard: I tried it once, it looked complicated. Fireworks does me for the next-to-none graphics work i do. And i satay up to about 5am all non-school nights :P

Floydd: I checked it on the dark skin, doesn't appear to show any white here for me (nor does it on the default skin)

SkyDragon: Heh, oposite of me then, i much prefer a faded edge than just a solid edge :/

Futura: Its a simple "Arial Black" with only an outline, I only have default fonts, and couldn't be othered looking for a better one, what font would you suggest?

Pyraine: FMA Movie 23rd july -> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4176 -> looks like its gonna be amazing \o/ Its gonna be hte last one tho :/ Tis a shame, there was _so_ much more stuff in the manga they could have done :( (much like other animes like Love Hina etc) - Another good anime is Full Metal Panic (I downloaded alchemist thinking it was part of FMP), which has S3 comming out soon aswell \o/ (July 13th iirc)

Pyraine

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 22, 2004
Aggresion
Dataforce said:
Pyraine: FMA Movie 23rd july -> http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4176 -> looks like its gonna be amazing \o/ Its gonna be hte last one tho :/ Tis a shame, there was _so_ much more stuff in the manga they could have done :( (much like other animes like Love Hina etc) - Another good anime is Full Metal Panic (I downloaded alchemist thinking it was part of FMP), which has S3 comming out soon aswell \o/ (July 13th iirc)

thanks for the information bout the movie :)

i don't read the manga so i don't really know and i could only find up to episode 15 of the series of direct download, so that's all i've seen, but i'm torrenting the rest now..

..anyway back to the sig, yeah i see a white line around the edge, it might because i'm using a netscape based browser (Mozilla, Firefox, Opera) i don't know, but i just presumed it was part of the sig, but nothing can ruin an FMA based sig :D

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
Could someone screenshot this for me to see? (I also use firefox)

And bleh, this looks absolutly terrible on IE due to its poor/non-existant PNG transparency support >.<

In PNG24, it screws the colours :/ - but IE will show transparency then, Gif also screws the colours :/

--------------

Changes:
Moved the "glow layer" to behind Edward/Text so only the circle has it.

Feathered:
Feathered.png

Non-Feathered, with white border
Hard.png

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
gah, thats pretty much as bad as IE >.< (eg, lack of transparency support | Edit: Actually, it appears Opera is rendering it as PNG24 not PNG32 - which is quite a stupid thing todo :/)

It should look like this:

Real.jpg

edit: Waiting for the upload to finish before posting would have helped. Done now.

Edit: Torrent for the full 51-episode japanese dub, eng sub version of FMA: http://dataforce.ownage.org.uk/dfdf/FMA.torrent (You need to be registered with boxtorrents.com tho :/ - tis good quality)

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
KAA dont have the complete 51-ep series tho do they ? (I looked there first)

---

Wee, another FMA sig \o/ thats 2 of us now