ORIGINS [Crystal]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

StuTheBru

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 2, 2015
Hi having watched from beta 2001,id say it was too slow.when i started in the start of 2003 my bro+frends were not even lvl40,but by then i think the xp was jumped up,
i lived on mir (to change my life from going out all the time) i learnt it was a good idea to eat with a spoon on mir, no joke,,but i got lvl45 and the 250m for a dss by the end of the year,that must of been about as fast as possable since it put me into the top50,,but never gain will i lvl like that,its like real work(playing 35 hours a day then sleep ect ect)
So from someone who could do it id still say mir needs to be 1x-2x,,not half,since anyone whos played before would think it far to slow and give up.and as much as i want the oldmir back,please dont put it to the xp speed of 2001-3,,most that played then never recoverd stu

StuTheBru

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 2, 2015
Thats ok then m8,at least its a way for newer players to try the "real mir" my bro and i were wondering- if the beta was avilable ?-,since its not posted,you may have enough testers,but considering i know alot of x players who dont play now,being able to talk others into it for its start would help,since alot of lvlers would be put off starting a server already runing.

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
he said there will be info about the beta soon... think he is setting up the patcher and server stuff and making sure its working

ill post more on open beta in the next few weeks when im in a position to get ready for it.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Hi having watched from beta 2001,id say it was too slow.when i started in the start of 2003 my bro+frends were not even lvl40,but by then i think the xp was jumped up,
i lived on mir (to change my life from going out all the time) i learnt it was a good idea to eat with a spoon on mir, no joke,,but i got lvl45 and the 250m for a dss by the end of the year,that must of been about as fast as possable since it put me into the top50,,but never gain will i lvl like that,its like real work(playing 35 hours a day then sleep ect ect)
So from someone who could do it id still say mir needs to be 1x-2x,,not half,since anyone whos played before would think it far to slow and give up.and as much as i want the oldmir back,please dont put it to the xp speed of 2001-3,,most that played then never recoverd stu

I admire you, I don't think I could possibly play for 35 hours a day. No wonder you say you never recovered. Blimey

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
already seen a post or 2 about this being potentially "too slow" please do not buckle to the haters and lose your servers usp :) looking forward to it, and personally hope you revert to your intended 0.5 exp idea, would love to see 5 man teams to kill ghouls XD

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
would love to see 5 man teams to kill ghouls XD

reminds me of level 1 hogger raids on wow.... >.<

I wont be going higher than x1

the only way exp can get higher is through the rested exp system (which is being discussed to decide final details) or an event that would see exp boosted but i dont like doing exp events so i wouldnt expect to see hardly any of them...

Akaras

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Jan 14, 2014
the only way exp can get higher is through the rested exp system (which is being discussed to decide final details) or an event that would see exp boosted but i dont like doing exp events so i wouldnt expect to see hardly any of them...

I'm glad you don't like doing exp events

I personally hate exp boost events so I hope you never even have one... always seems unfair to those who just can't log in at the time... if it was an event that has certain one time quests that boost exp as a reward that were available only over a week then that is much more fair to everyone as everyone has a chance

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Website has been created (its not a great website but its not a template and ive written the code myself :)) will add links to the download at a later date, the story tbh is just ripped from the official LOM2 website but its a nice story if anyone wants to read it...

http://www.mir2origins.co.uk

Ive also edited the Launcher slightly, (its only the look of it but i wanted it to match the look and feel of the theme i wanted to try and create) the copyright footer is actualy removed but the launcher is cacheing the wesite atm and need to get it so its removed. you wont see that when you run the launcher, it should just show you all the recent changes. you can find the changes on the news section of the website.

282f80m.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Guild UI changed to fit my theme.

There are a few other changes affecting Guilds, mainly the LIMIT of members.

Start members count for a level 0 guild is 3 players. every level the guild achieves opens up 1 slot for an extra member, untill the guild reaches level 10 when the max member count will become 15 players.

Video showing the GuildUI for leaders.

[video=youtube;BdW4jIM4fwM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdW4jIM4fwM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Video showing the guild UI for members with no allowences which can be edited via the Ranks tab.

[video=youtube;1KWzkI_E9TQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KWzkI_E9TQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
looks amazing! i loved hogger raids XD and please dont do events, they are the death of servers, creates conflict between those able to utilise them and those not and causes people to quit coz of the difference in levels etc.

---------- Post Merged at 04:41 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:38 PM ----------

also your website has news update for changes to the servers open beta, it makes it sound like its already up? i doubt it is just wanted to confirm as i intend on living on this server "35 hours a day" XD

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
lol no its not up just getting all the bits and pieces into place ready.

once the next release from the crystals team has been released ill spend a few days putting my code across onto it, then fix the autopatcher and be ready for beta, i want a quicki beta really, just to get people playing, get them having the correct files, make sure they can connect and all that shenanigans. if theres no major issues discovered in beta then ill have a week or so cooling off from the beta and concentrate on advertising, because the one thing about chrons that was done perfectly imo was the way it was advertised. if i could get a tenth of that attention i would be chuffed... so if anyone knows ways of advertising then feel free to spread the word :)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
lol no its not up just getting all the bits and pieces into place ready.

once the next release from the crystals team has been released ill spend a few days putting my code across onto it, then fix the autopatcher and be ready for beta, i want a quicki beta really, just to get people playing, get them having the correct files, make sure they can connect and all that shenanigans. if theres no major issues discovered in beta then ill have a week or so cooling off from the beta and concentrate on advertising, because the one thing about chrons that was done perfectly imo was the way it was advertised. if i could get a tenth of that attention i would be chuffed... so if anyone knows ways of advertising then feel free to spread the word :)

1) Facebook
2) Signatures/Avatars for people to use, make a few styles.
3) Bonuses for helping advertise...I'm not talking in-game gold, or a weapon or free money lol...but a special glow (You may have noticed a new glowing effect has been coded into the Crystal files) to be able to add to your weapons, colour of your choosing or what not...you get the idea. Unless you intended to use the glows some other way haha...but something that stands you out for a little while before all the big items start rolling in.

Top 3 suggestions off the top of my head. Main being Facebook tbh.

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
yeah all forms on word of mouth are best coz of mirs nostalgia value, ive already got 10+ people who wana try it off my say so :) ill keep working it for ya lol (in a non **** sounding way) XD

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
okay im not that great at making banners and the such but after spending the morning learning about animating and stuff ive created 3 banners for you guys to use to represent the server if you want to add them to your signature your more than welcome and i will be adding one to mine :)

WarriorAd.gif

http://www.mir2origins.co.uk/images/WarriorAd.gif

WizardAd.gif

http://www.mir2origins.co.uk/images/WizardAd.gif

TaoistAd.gif

http://www.mir2origins.co.uk/images/TaoistAd.gif

Currently working on a Facebook page aswell and will advertise where ever i can, probably once i get a definate date for the open beta at least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.