ORIGINS [Crystal]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I wish you the best of luck and success, but I'm very worrisome that you won't be able to hold players attention long enough. .

I appreciate your comments and if putting this server up puts people off and makes them go to chrons then thats not a bad thing either. aslong as people are playing mir then everyone wins, its a great game and always has been for me.

but again ive said this before, im not making a server to suit other players, im making a server i want to play on and ill be safe in the knowledge that no one will out buy me... they will more than likely out play me but ill never be out bought, thats the server for me and thats the server im making.

but things CAN be changed if enough players want it, im not all about me in some areas... skills can be looked at but they wont be made instant.

and im in bexhill btw koriban, just saw you was in brighton, howdy neighbor :P

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
personally love the idea of spells with 40k leveling requirements. seperates the dedicated from the instant gratification noobs :) also this is 2016, u can level your spells so easily even at 40k, its called a gaming mouse with macro functionality. or save that use a script :) if anything this would be excellent, the only people this will be a problem for are the people who dont have the patience for this server anyway :)

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
I've just noticed whilst on your website that Beta will be starting at level 40. Whats the reasoning when the first few weeks or months of the release people are going to be playing an untested 0-40?

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i have gone over all the spells and exp required and mp costs and made the following changes:

see changelog

http://mir2origins.co.uk/launcher/index.html

---------- Post Merged at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:15 AM ----------

I've just noticed whilst on your website that Beta will be starting at level 40. Whats the reasoning when the first few weeks or months of the release people are going to be playing an untested 0-40?

The reasonsing is that if i do open beta from 0 no one will get high enough to test bosses, or higher end content. if players want to go and kill boneelite at 40 they can but they cant kill webs at 14.... so mainly just to get in and test it and get a feel for the gameplay and feedback any issues generally.

on a side note ive redone the trustmerchants ui to fit in with my theme

[video=youtube;Hb99hzWjIeQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb99hzWjIeQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

I said it before...

There is nothing to test lol. It's a euro standard, it's had enough testing over the years and you can't really test drops.

About the only thing i've seen testable are the MP costs of skills...as thats about the only change he's done.

Exp won't really be tested as i doubt anyone will bother leveling at 40.
Drops can't be tested and this is always down to server owner decision, if it's wrong it's his fault lol, no amount of testing will find that out without complaints about it dropping in the real game.

Everyone will simply be PvPing in town, i can guarantee that lol.

I get the need for BETAs...but this isn't one of those servers lol.

Perhaps guild or crafting and fishing functionality...But are they really going to be game breaking? I think not. "Oh no my guild isn't leveling. You must rewind the server so i can re-get all that exp and have the guild in line with my levels!"

Last edited:

BeerNMoney

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 9, 2010
I said it before...

There is nothing to test lol. It's a euro standard, it's had enough testing over the years and you can't really test drops.

About the only thing i've seen testable are the MP costs of skills...as thats about the only change he's done.

Exp won't really be tested as i doubt anyone will bother leveling at 40.
Drops can't be tested and this is always down to server owner decision, if it's wrong it's his fault lol, no amount of testing will find that out without complaints about it dropping in the real game.

Everyone will simply be PvPing in town, i can guarantee that lol.

I get the need for BETAs...but this isn't one of those servers lol.

I agree with Pottsy here, you should go straight into the game, with you playing yourself, it'll be easy to pick up bugs? maybe i'm wrong, advertisement looks real sweet, let's hope the rate doesn't put people off.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Getting closer and closer

Got the Sabuk Wall Conquest in game and working thanks to Elijah

A video below. Also included is a new shop im introducing to the Sabuk Wall making this a place your going to want to own or be involved in. This npc will sell dungeon scrolls that will teleport you to the start of dungeon, each scroll has a 1 hour expiry time.

I have purchased a VPS for the open beta and will be buying a dedicated server for the live launch, the purpose of beta is mainly for players to make chars get used too it all and have a run about, have a scrap, anything they want really. openbeta wont be on for long im aching to play this properly lol.

[video=youtube;22VAMZX0qwE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22VAMZX0qwE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Getting closer and closer

Got the Sabuk Wall Conquest in game and working thanks to Elijah

A video below. Also included is a new shop im introducing to the Sabuk Wall making this a place your going to want to own or be involved in. This npc will sell dungeon scrolls that will teleport you to the start of dungeon, each scroll has a 1 hour expiry time.

I have purchased a VPS for the open beta and will be buying a dedicated server for the live launch, the purpose of beta is mainly for players to make chars get used too it all and have a run about, have a scrap, anything they want really. openbeta wont be on for long im aching to play this properly lol.

[video=youtube;22VAMZX0qwE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22VAMZX0qwE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Why does the ground sound like you're running on water instead of sand half the time? lol

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
I didn't get around to finish coding in all shanda sounds, so set the ones i have left to do as water

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

vanjambles

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 2, 2013
ill be playing no matter what but I do kinda agree that their is minimal testing needed :) that being said, i dont agree with the comment about minor aspects not being game breaking, played a server before where fishing ruined the game due to afk farmers getting 10000 gems lol

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Goodluck with the server Advert looks good, however one thing springs to mind i have no idea how your going to manage playing and being a GM; several things will happen:

1. Cry thread if u get a good item
2. Cry thread if u pk some 1
3. The urge to not log on a gm account if u run to 0k
4. The urge to not log on a gm account if you break an item etc
5. The urge to not be biased towards one guild or others in issues relating to server balance.

However if you can manage this; fair play to you.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Goodluck with the server Advert looks good, however one thing springs to mind i have no idea how your going to manage playing and being a GM; several things will happen:

1. Cry thread if u get a good item
2. Cry thread if u pk some 1
3. The urge to not log on a gm account if u run to 0k
4. The urge to not log on a gm account if you break an item etc
5. The urge to not be biased towards one guild or others in issues relating to server balance.

However if you can manage this; fair play to you.

i did the same on heroesEU and was very little hasstle from players towards me, only have about 20-50 players at its peak but even so, i remained fair.

i did join a guild last time, this time i wont be. if im in a guild it will be one ive made myself and wont be having anyone in it except me and the other player/gm we wont be going for sabuk or things like that, infact we will hardly be seen by other players i would imagine, the server will be run by the other players who play, they will create things like the economy and such.

if you see me about on my hunts your welcome to say hi and move on, i dont do long conversations, i like to play by myself :) your even welcome to have a pop at me pk wise :) just dont get abusive once i de and move on to the next area :)

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Relationships are now in game and working

a quick video below to show it, ive changed the Ui to match my theme and created an npc script for it.

please bear in mind there is no replace wedding ring option once you make a wedding ring its stuck unless you divorce.

[video=youtube;XyZVAv7ePs8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyZVAv7ePs8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

the lovers quest will be quite lengthy, but you only need to do the quest once regardless of how many relationships you have and you dont need to be in a relationship to actually start it, its just a chain that must be done in order to make the ring, the quest will involve some storyline about a romeo & juliet type situation or something, its still in my head and not written yet so dont quote me on anything

A few other notes. im looking to get open beta started hopefully in about a week, im then going to be launching live some time in early february. once i have a more definitive date for live ill start plugging the servers advertising more, you players that want to play the server are going to want others to play with :)

pwnage

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 17, 2006
Is there anywhere i can download this before the open beta begins so its ready? My internet is not the best

happypuppy

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 15, 2003
BC, Canada
Relationships are now in game and working

a quick video below to show it, ive changed the Ui to match my theme and created an npc script for it.

please bear in mind there is no replace wedding ring option once you make a wedding ring its stuck unless you divorce.

[video=youtube;XyZVAv7ePs8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyZVAv7ePs8&feature=youtu.be[/video]

the lovers quest will be quite lengthy, but you only need to do the quest once regardless of how many relationships you have and you dont need to be in a relationship to actually start it, its just a chain that must be done in order to make the ring, the quest will involve some storyline about a romeo & juliet type situation or something, its still in my head and not written yet so dont quote me on anything

A few other notes. im looking to get open beta started hopefully in about a week, im then going to be launching live some time in early february. once i have a more definitive date for live ill start plugging the servers advertising more, you players that want to play the server are going to want others to play with :)

just dont **** this server up but making it a group only server. make it so when people solo they earn good exp and when they group together their exp is not increased but yet decreased by at least 30% cause **** me i can have 5friends who play and ill master the server but if i play solo its useless .,.. not everyone is lifeless as the groups. leveling is the biggest part of the game.. let it be solo and the groups only to bosses.. dont let us solo bosses as easily as most servers....

ps. if i had a server going, i would restrict others to a daily 8-12 hour maximum to play than cut them off so they can enjoy life as life and not live in their fantasy world.. each day people die and people become bullshitters and people like me need to pay the government to support losers who only sit behind a screen day in and day out cause they dont have lives outside of their fantasies. Im appalled buy some who do nothing in real life but try to always be king in a fantasy world... there is no true moral, personal, or benefit of any of gain from people who strive only within their fantasy minds. you have nothing in life but family... your born than you die... live life, enjoy fantasies but most of all, love others! peace

Last edited:

Elijah

Crystal Dev
Developer
Jul 21, 2004
ps. if i had a server going, i would restrict others to a daily 8-12 hour maximum to play than cut them off so they can enjoy life as life and not live in their fantasy world.. each day people die and people become bullshitters and people like me need to pay the government to support losers who only sit behind a screen day in and day out cause they dont have lives outside of their fantasies. Im appalled buy some who do nothing in real life but try to always be king in a fantasy world... there is no true moral, personal, or benefit of any of gain from people who strive only within their fantasy minds. you have nothing in life but family... your born than you die... live life, enjoy fantasies but most of all, love others! peace

Thanks for that.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Lol there is so much to laugh at in this single post...

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
okay a few things to look at, i have always said and in other posts its been mentioned that there is NO GROUP BONUS EXP, exp is divided among the members with more exp going to the higher level member.

Soloing bosses will be very difficult and i dont think it will be possible in the first 6 months atleast.... unless there is an exploit, but to target exploits i will be creating an exploit/bug forum, anyone who reports an exploit and is found to have not used the exploit will be rewarded with a vanity pet that is only obtainable by reporting said expoit. The same will be said for bugs but only significant bugs not smalll ones like spelling errors as im sure ive made loads :S

Status
Not open for further replies.