Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Re: Paragon Infinity Mir

Played for a couple of hours.

While it is expected that the first few levels are never overly exciting, i was sorely disappointed to be fair.
The first 90 mins was spent killing hens, scarecrows, yobs etc, the usual. Except you basically spawned hundreds of them in an extremely tiny space right outside the door. Gave a very cheap feeling to starting out.
theres high volume of spawns because it will be massively crowded when the game goes live, do you want laods of spawns or fighting for a single mob???

Pets given for the 'Boss mob' and subsequent Oma skeleton quests again made it all feel very cheap. The skeleton with aoe kills 5/6 mobs by the time i kill 1, walking around luring mobs onto a pet as a warrior, because why wouldn't you at that rate when i have to kill 70+, is not much fun.
this is something we'll change, its only meant to be there for a single quest then go, this is what beta is for

I got as far as the OmaKing quest, some afk persons pet killed what i assume is a flag based mob inside kr?, he never re-spawned after waiting 10 mins or so. So now i have no quests.
again this a bug that has been identified, thx

I did the first instance, noticed only 1 area shout saying 'follow me' along those lines, and that was it. killed 15 mobs or so then boss. Again, nothing did any damage, no real lore or even ending to it. I even stuck around waiting, expecting something to happen. Maybe i missed something?
its designed to be a fast easy instance for low levels, its mainly for testing beta the instances with more people doing it over and over to bug test.
we know and agree it is too easy and it'll be adjusted

The quests themselves don't seem to have much content, yes i read them all! (so far) Basic go to 1 npc kill 10/20 mobs that are walking around him and then he either gives you another for the same mobs or sends you to the next that's 10 seconds run away, rinse and repeat. Probably mostly due to the fact each npc is only a few seconds run from the last.
it kinda is what it is.. if you have any suggestions for improvement love to hear them?

Gear wise, the stats seem way out of proportion, i have more legendary/mythic items than rare so far, nothing really seems to do any damage.
your low level? items are a little out of balance at low level due to the legendary etc grade quality, we might adjust it so they drop less often but at the same time makes it fun to hjave a level 9 godly teir item that is as good/better than a level 50 item. (godly is obv rly rare)

Overall i think the biggest issue for me is that everything just feels ridiculously cramped, and unengaging. Hundreds of mobs spawned in a tiny little courtyard. No exploration. Opening the big map shows a bunch of level marked areas, i can only assume that you have everything 1-50 on this 1 map? What about after? Is it all instanced?
the general leveling story line does go 1-50 in this map, however at 20 you go off else where, then you come back at 30 where its completely different again, the town has no mobs etc (spoiler)
there will be instances along the way to break up that town levelin. currently there is only a few instances in beta, again this isnt the final game version

I know it all seems very negative sorry, I've only played the first 20~ levels, but that's my thoughts so far.
A lot of this is probably more personal preference (overly cramped and pets)

You have a bunch of really interesting looking features otherwise, and i still look forward to seeing how they turn out.

please remember this is only beta, we're holding it to get feedback and suggestions and things could change a lot by release. if you don't like something please tell us why and how to improve, its not helpful to just say "this is rubbish i dont like it" but not say why or how you'd prefer it.

you say its unengaging but would would you prefer? just grinding mobs in a "level map"

The game flows quite nicely from area to area, you're not in the same part / cave for a long period of time

---------- Post Merged at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:01 PM ----------

still waiting for a help to fix this " legend of mir has stopped working " issue
been waiting for a long time now lol
launch the game in windows mode maybe?

After running patch I just keep getting "one or more files failed to download view error.txt for details" then launcher continuously loop closes
delete all the stuff in the root except for data/sound/maps (the folders)
download client.exe again, then re-run

IHaveALongName

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
Qatar

I'm talking about the autopatcher, it doesn't download anything just at 259 MB
and bugs off.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Your exe is flagging my Antivirus lol.

I understand making exceptions for the local exe...but its actually being flagged on download, not upon running (I have exceptions for running of Mir exe as i know they can play silly buggers).

But i rarely make exceptions on my download list lol.
2017-09-16_20h05_27.png

I suspect this to be the cause of peoples 'looping' issue, as upon failure...the patcher just reopens and attempts over and over lol. I made the exception to my Firewall and download list and it was fine.

[16/09/2017 01:36:45 PM] Client.exe could not be downloaded. (An exception occurred during a WebClient request.)
[16/09/2017 01:38:17 PM] Client.exe could not be downloaded. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.)
[16/09/2017 01:48:01 PM] Client.exe could not be downloaded. (An exception occurred during a WebClient request.)
[16/09/2017 01:48:16 PM] Client.exe could not be downloaded. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.)
[16/09/2017 01:48:21 PM] Client.exe could not be downloaded. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.)
[16/09/2017 01:48:24 PM] Client.exe could not be downloaded. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.)
[16/09/2017 02:40:56 PM] Client.exe could not be downloaded. (An exception occurred during a WebClient request.)
[16/09/2017 02:41:03 PM] Client.exe could not be downloaded. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.)

EDIT:

Further research, it appears some Antivirus providers are using 'Domain Rep' as a flagging method...unfortunately, mine is 1 of them lol.
1. The file is not prevalent enough, ie. not enough users launched the file yet,
2. The domain is not prevalent enough, ie. not enough users downloaded (any) EXE files from the domain yet,
3. The file is not signed or AV does not trust the signature.

Last edited:

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

Server's brilliant so far, I'm only in the starting area but have enjoyed the quests and the flow of the game thus far, it's transitioning nicely as levels go on etc.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

I got to lvl40-41 before i logged so i believe i got a grasp of how the first 50lvls are gonna be like.

- I liked the quest flow and how they guide you from place to place.
- I liked the fact that there was a custom new town/province.
- I didnt like the fact there were so many walls and the npc's were scattered all arround and as a result at the end of a quest i had to run back to the npc instead of tt'ing to it and then he would probably send me back to the same direction.
- I didnt like the fact that up to lvl41 i basicly didn't use teleporter at all and basicly neither rt's. I felt a bit like a bot that was doing the same thing another 100 ppl would do in the exact same way and order.
- Also items were dropping left and right and i believe you would contradict this with the "these items not supposed to be rare" which is true but then again it makes those levels feel linear.

In general the first 50lvls feel very linear and if HPS does what he mentioned about making it harder he would only make it feel worse. Its a decent introduction to the server but cant help but feel that a quest line of like 50quests is being wasted on a 5-10hr lvling session (depending on the rates u will choose). It would be far better if this quest line started at like lvl50, was far harder and had meaningful rewards.

So basicly either invest more content(items, caves, instances) on the first 50lvls along with making it harder to lvl so that all the content u currently used isn't simply wasted or dont waste that nice content you made with all that different places in a 5hr lvling seesion.

Not sure if what i say the way i said it makes sense.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

I got to lvl40-41 before i logged so i believe i got a grasp of how the first 50lvls are gonna be like.

- I liked the quest flow and how they guide you from place to place.
- I liked the fact that there was a custom new town/province.
- I didnt like the fact there were so many walls and the npc's were scattered all arround and as a result at the end of a quest i had to run back to the npc instead of tt'ing to it and then he would probably send me back to the same direction.
- I didnt like the fact that up to lvl41 i basicly didn't use teleporter at all and basicly neither rt's. I felt a bit like a bot that was doing the same thing another 100 ppl would do in the exact same way and order.
- Also items were dropping left and right and i believe you would contradict this with the "these items not supposed to be rare" which is true but then again it makes those levels feel linear.

In general the first 50lvls feel very linear and if HPS does what he mentioned about making it harder he would only make it feel worse. Its a decent introduction to the server but cant help but feel that a quest line of like 50quests is being wasted on a 5-10hr lvling session (depending on the rates u will choose). It would be far better if this quest line started at like lvl50, was far harder and had meaningful rewards.

So basicly either invest more content(items, caves, instances) on the first 50lvls along with making it harder to lvl so that all the content u currently used isn't simply wasted or dont waste that nice content you made with all that different places in a 5hr lvling seesion.

Not sure if what i say the way i said it makes sense.

I'm only level 26, but I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed it thus far, even the running back and forth to the same NPC, was killing mobs along the way to get rarer versions of the items I was currently wearing. I was also very very impressed with all the different towns, and the way they were all laid out. I believe the items dropping left and right are supposed too, level 50 is only a soft cap as well, meaning he has more content to introduce after that, which would make sense for all the lower items to be dropping the way they are, levelling may get slowed down a bit also upon opening.

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004

I didnt try to say it in a moaning way. After all i only played for a few hours so to be completely fair my feedback on those "levels" is pretty meaningless since its like first 5% of the server (or thats how its supposed to be if there is content for 20 or so days at least).

In general it has an WoW feeling which is obvious what they were aiming for but while i admit that WoW endgame is pretty good, the early game is pretty dull, linear and meaningless so people are just trying to get through it.
If thats the case here also then np, but i see a lot of effort put in the quest line etc. to see it being wasted. However making lvling in 1.5 provinces take 2x or 3x the time it does now, it will only make it worse.

PS. I have enjoyed what the server has offered so far and can see great potential so dont pay too much attention to my "early-game" content as long as its actually only part of the early game and not 50% of the content (aka stuck in 5 caves after lvl50 without quests).

HotpocketSloth

LOMCN Rookie
Mar 22, 2017

I didnt try to say it in a moaning way. After all i only played for a few hours so to be completely fair my feedback on those "levels" is pretty meaningless since its like first 5% of the server (or thats how its supposed to be if there is content for 20 or so days at least).

In general it has an WoW feeling which is obvious what they were aiming for but while i admit that WoW endgame is pretty good, the early game is pretty dull, linear and meaningless so people are just trying to get through it.
If thats the case here also then np, but i see a lot of effort put in the quest line etc. to see it being wasted. However making lvling in 1.5 provinces take 2x or 3x the time it does now, it will only make it worse.

PS. I have enjoyed what the server has offered so far and can see great potential so dont pay too much attention to my "early-game" content as long as its actually only part of the early game and not 50% of the content (aka stuck in 5 caves after lvl50 without quests).

Too be honest i'm glad that you see the effort that was put into the quest lines for levels 1-49 there is still improvment to be made in this area, The only area that will need an increase in leveling time will be 30-50 but it wouldnt effect it too much we still want it too be fairly quick to the level cap.

The idea is come live to make sure there is enough level 50 content to keep people busy for a long time and this includes quest lines that reward players and hidden quests that take some exploring to find and really build onto the server instead of having an update that just includes couple new sets and couple new caves updates will come with multiple quests ( not just generic ones ) that hopefully tell a story regardless if you read it or not.

My ultimate aim for the starting area was to create a place where new players can join the server and instantly have something todo with a linear progressive questline that will ultimately lead them into End game content with the rest of the playerbase I believe we have achieved this no matter how old the server is or at what point you join this server the starting area will always remain relevant.

I've played too many servers where i have joined couple months after it went live and i'm just confronted with a teleport npc where i have no idea where to level or what i should be doing to catch up.

Fl@sh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 3, 2016

You expect people to be busy a long time but it takes less than a day to reach the level cap?

Problem with 5 heroes (and I played it from the beginning till the end) - once content was complete Ben was always too busy with work to roll out updates. Every single content patch that had been complete then lost 20-25% of the usercount, and yes the newer content patches may have brought 5-10% of those users back but that is a recipe for disaster in terms of longevity.

Hopefully for Paragon updates will be worked on the second the most up to date content patch is rolled out.

Also, SabukWall was promised on 5Heroes from almost day one and was never put ingame. I see you're advertising SW will be on here let's hope that it actually is!

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

please remember this is only beta, we're holding it to get feedback and suggestions and things could change a lot by release. if you don't like something please tell us why and how to improve, its not helpful to just say "this is rubbish i dont like it" but not say why or how you'd prefer it.

I thought my responses were rather self-explanatory in that regard. Yes it's beta, that's why i took the time to reply. It wasn't intended as an 'its all ****' post, sorry if it came across that way. Just my thoughts on the first 2h of play.

The first 90 mins was spent killing hens, scarecrows, yobs etc, the usual. Except you basically spawned hundreds of them in an extremely tiny space right outside the door. Gave a very cheap feeling to starting out.
theres high volume of spawns because it will be massively crowded when the game goes live, do you want laods of spawns or fighting for a single mob???

Point here is it looks and feels tacky, you have what we would usually expect to see covering the span of a whole province and more all rammed into a tiny courtyard.Yes its personal preference, i really don't like cramped areas, and the complete lack of exploration, no sense of world immersion. You cant 'fix it' due to how you have the whole lvling process laid out.

I did the first instance, noticed only 1 area shout saying 'follow me' along those lines, and that was it. killed 15 mobs or so then boss. Again, nothing did any damage, no real lore or even ending to it. I even stuck around waiting, expecting something to happen. Maybe i missed something?
its designed to be a fast easy instance for low levels, its mainly for testing beta the instances with more people doing it over and over to bug test.
we know and agree it is too easy and it'll be adjusted

That's fine if its only intent was for bug testing purposes, but you could have made this so much more immersive,this is supposed to be an epic battle, right? Add some dialogue, and an actual ending. Just killing him, they run off and we must @home out with no interaction at all feels very unfinished.

Quests;
it kinda is what it is.. if you have any suggestions for improvement love to hear them?

Again, your limited due to the fact everything is compressed into such a tiny space populated with hundreds of mobs on top of each other, and there is simply no room for much else. You have basically limited the entirety of the first 2h into a 100x100 town map.

you say its unengaging but would would you prefer? just grinding mobs in a "level map"

Lack of immersion is probably a better fitting term. Again it was just a general feeling based on the overall cramped conditions and lack of exploration potential.The only time i left the courtyard so far was being teleported to a cave and back.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

I thought my responses were rather self-explanatory in that regard. Yes it's beta, that's why i took the time to reply. It wasn't intended as an 'its all ****' post, sorry if it came across that way. Just my thoughts on the first 2h of play.

Point here is it looks and feels tacky, you have what we would usually expect to see covering the span of a whole province and more all rammed into a tiny courtyard.Yes its personal preference, i really don't like cramped areas, and the complete lack of exploration, no sense of world immersion. You cant 'fix it' due to how you have the whole lvling process laid out.

That's fine if its only intent was for bug testing purposes, but you could have made this so much more immersive,this is supposed to be an epic battle, right? Add some dialogue, and an actual ending. Just killing him, they run off and we must @home out with no interaction at all feels very unfinished.

Again, your limited due to the fact everything is compressed into such a tiny space populated with hundreds of mobs on top of each other, and there is simply no room for much else. You have basically limited the entirety of the first 2h into a 100x100 town map.

Lack of immersion is probably a better fitting term. Again it was just a general feeling based on the overall cramped conditions and lack of exploration potential.The only time i left the courtyard so far was being teleported to a cave and back.

There's plenty of areas to explore, i'm level 41 now, and still finding new areas, some of which are difficult to solo... as for tons of mobs, it's better than not being able to find very many... I love the tons of mobs, tons of different zones / areas etc, as do a lot of people, can't please everyone & I guess your one of the 1's that can't be pleased =-/

Few things though, 1. CHM mana cost needs reducing? 2. CHM does less damage than halfmoon, 3. Moths para very frequently, get's a bit annoying in the end.

Last edited:

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005

it's a very early beta stage, Any feedback is welcome (negative or positive doesn't really matter at this point).

It's still work in progress and we're listening to your feedback.

I'd like to thank everyone who logged on today and played the game.

I've put the Moba Map in (I've made it 2vs2 for now for testing purposes).

You can find it in the PvP instance finder dialog. (There is no rewards yet though)

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

There's plenty of areas to explore, i'm level 41 now, and still finding new areas, some of which are difficult to solo... as for tons of mobs, it's better than not being able to find very many... I love the tons of mobs, tons of different zones / areas etc, as do a lot of people, can't please everyone & I guess your one of the 1's that can't be pleased =-/

Don't try to act clever, it's clearly beyond you. My post was based on 2h of game play, learn to read.

While your at it, why not educate yourself somewhat. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/res...rst20Hour20-20CHIPlay20201420-20preprint2.pdf

Feedback is personal opinion, as is everything you wrote, nothing more. Being 'pleased' is subjective. People here need to learn to take it for what it is, instead of instantly becoming so defensive.

Anyone that is even remotely serious about development knows that someone saying what they did not like is vastly more useful than not. Even if it is not the 'popular' view. Were talking about game-play and aesthetics here not hard number crunching.

Last edited:

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

My god who the **** put 20p in Chalace again 😪

On topic : Enjoying server , just got level 50 , looking forward to grouping up tomorrow to try the boss areas. Bugs are quickly being fixed by the 3 GMs, I am slightly worried that the server looks like it's going to be heavily instanced based , but we shall see how it plays out as it's only beta.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

Don't try to act clever, it's clearly beyond you. My post was based on 2h of game play, learn to read.

While your at it, why not educate yourself somewhat. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/res...rst20Hour20-20CHIPlay20201420-20preprint2.pdf

Feedback is personal opinion, as is everything you wrote, nothing more. Being 'pleased' is subjective. People here need to learn to take it for what it is, instead of instantly becoming so defensive.

Anyone that is even remotely serious about development knows that someone saying what they did not like is vastly more useful than not. Even if it is not the 'popular' view. Were talking about game-play and aesthetics here not hard number crunching.

"Feedback is personal opinion" Exactly, which is what my comment was based on, just like yours. You got shitty over a forum post because someone disagreed with a couple points you made? Grow up.

P.S Are you on your period? You are acting like a right little bitch, lmao.

Last edited:

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

Map D023 is missing WTf2

You got shitty over a forum post because someone disagreed with a couple points you made? Grow up.
No, you used lvl41 content to contradict an opinion of 2h of game play, as quoted... I guess you didn't read the paper i linked you. Read it already.
I guess your one of the 1's that can't be pleased =-/
If you cant see the issue with that statement then your a moron.

Wont reply to you anymore, i gave my opinion, that's all they needed.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

Map D023 is missing WTf2

No, you used lvl41 content to contradict an opinion of 2h of game play, as quoted... I guess you didn't read the paper i linked you. Read it already.

If you cant see the issue with that statement then your a moron.

Wont reply to you anymore, i gave my opinion, that's all they needed.

"If you cant see the issue with that statement then your a moron." I stated a fact, you obviously didn't like the feel of the game or the way things were laid out, you said it yourself, therefore they obviously can't please you, lol, like I said, can't please everyone and your clearly one of the 1's that can't be pleased.... if you got upset over a comment like that, you really need to stop using the Internet, or at least toughen up.

Any-who, going back to the "covering the span of a whole province and more all rammed into a tiny courtyard" they are not all rammed in to a tiny courtyard, there's many different areas throughout all the zones, all with different mobs, lol. You can't really complain when only having 2 hours of gameplay, have you even got out of the first zone? Plus, the second and third zones have at least 6 different areas pointed out on the big map with different level ranges and each with different mobs / bosses for you to go to =-/ and you can also unlock teleports to go to different caves.

Also, of course I'm going to disagree with your opinions, you were basing them on only 2 hours of game play, it's no where near enough to see what the server is all about, 2 hours of game play, your still stuck in the first zone at that point, you probably haven't even explored the other half of the first zone map, which has entrances blocked by NPC's till you reach the appropriate level to get through to different areas, lmao. I've actually progressed and experienced the server enough to actually know what's what.

Last edited:

Marlboro

LOMCN Rookie
Aug 20, 2017

it's a very early beta stage, Any feedback is welcome (negative or positive doesn't really matter at this point).

It's still work in progress and we're listening to your feedback.

I'd like to thank everyone who logged on today and played the game.

I've put the Moba Map in (I've made it 2vs2 for now for testing purposes).

You can find it in the PvP instance finder dialog. (There is no rewards yet though)

when the server will be live m8 its looking so good ^_^
i've tested it its vn1 one hope the server live soon
need ur reply m8 about it

Chill29

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 8, 2017

Tryed downloading full client and get this any help b good ??

[17/09/2017 09:00:35] Client.exe could not be downloaded. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.)

I have allrdy tried renameing it to old n that not work