Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Re: Paragon Infinity Mir

The problem I found (and resulted in me removing it), It was so easy for people to find the subs/bosses that people just ignored regular mobs, I felt it had a negative effect on the overall game play, (Just looking at the mini map for that icon instead of the game for the boss/sub).

nice work on other things thoug.

Yup it really does **** with the server, Arhon had it and i'd just keep running untill i found the big orange spot on mini map and doing that all day farming sunnys making loads of gold.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

The problem I found (and resulted in me removing it), It was so easy for people to find the subs/bosses that people just ignored regular mobs, I felt it had a negative effect on the overall game play, (Just looking at the mini map for that icon instead of the game for the boss/sub).

people would surely just run through looking no matter if there was a skull icon or not?

ipwnu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2015

people would surely just run through looking no matter if there was a skull icon or not?

Problem is it's to easy to rt through just picking off the bosses were as with the actual mob you need to tele quite close to it, if it has a different mini map issue it's to far over walls etc

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Problem is it's to easy to rt through just picking off the bosses were as with the actual mob you need to tele quite close to it, if it has a different mini map issue it's to far over walls etc

Make RT's illegal!

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017

A long 10 days :( haha

DeeKayDee

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Mar 26, 2014

How about only show it once X mobs are killed - so you now have 2 options, run around trying to find or kill the mobs and acquire the hint

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

I will say, great job on the main map design. It does look really nice.
The city scale itself is grand, something i always felt was missing in Mir. Bichon or a few generic shops in a circle as the main town always felt so lackluster and generic.

Rival

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 24, 2014

looks pretty awesome. might have to check it out when its online

Hany

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 28, 2005

Coding updates since beta part2!

- Added 3 new player stat (PlayerKills,MonsterKills,Deaths), they get refreshed on player login.
- Added disenchanting in the game.
You can now disenchant these item types (Weapon/Arm/Helm/Boots/Belt/Ring/Brace/Necky/Stone/Pads)
You will be given a material for the item type + another material for the item grade + a chance of a rare material, you can disenchant an item through your bag, left click the item drag it to the disenchant button located at bottom right of the dialog and click it.

The quantity of the materials you get from disenchanting is dependent on the level of the item & rng, but the minimum is 1 so you will always have atleast one material for every category (1 type 1 grade mat)

- Added new optional feature to instances queue (Minimum amount of players for manual start)
Lets say we have an instance that requires 6 player and we put minimum amount of players at 3,
what will happen is that when the queue reach 3 players, each player in the queue will have a start/play button appearing in the queue dialog.
(IF 50% or more of the queued players wishes to start the instance it will automatically start without waiting to fill the remaining seats)

- Added a new optional feature to instance queue (Class Based Queue)
a feature we could use in the future to have instances to be class based (1 war 1 wiz 1 tao).

- Currency Weekly Cap
Obtaining the new currencies will have a configurable cap that resets every week.

- Added the new currencies in crafting system
- UI Added new currencies to bag. (You can view your weekly cap by hovering over the currency value)
- UI Crafting Dialog Rework (Craft Button appears when you put all the items)

Following screenshots has been taken from my test files, we're still implementing the new features on the actual server.
2ue1th5.jpg

11lqxaf.png

2pts16q.png

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Nice updates. Why only update on login though? Seems a bit archaic (although hardly important)

astrix

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 16, 2011

Coding updates since beta part2!

- Added 3 new player stat (PlayerKills,MonsterKills,Deaths), they get refreshed on player login.
- Added disenchanting in the game.
You can now disenchant these item types (Weapon/Arm/Helm/Boots/Belt/Ring/Brace/Necky/Stone/Pads)
You will be given a material for the item type + another material for the item grade + a chance of a rare material, you can disenchant an item through your bag, left click the item drag it to the disenchant button located at bottom right of the dialog and click it.

The quantity of the materials you get from disenchanting is dependent on the level of the item & rng, but the minimum is 1 so you will always have atleast one material for every category (1 type 1 grade mat)

- Added new optional feature to instances queue (Minimum amount of players for manual start)
Lets say we have an instance that requires 6 player and we put minimum amount of players at 3,
what will happen is that when the queue reach 3 players, each player in the queue will have a start/play button appearing in the queue dialog.
(IF 50% or more of the queued players wishes to start the instance it will automatically start without waiting to fill the remaining seats)

- Added a new optional feature to instance queue (Class Based Queue)
a feature we could use in the future to have instances to be class based (1 war 1 wiz 1 tao).

- Currency Weekly Cap
Obtaining the new currencies will have a configurable cap that resets every week.

- Added the new currencies in crafting system
- UI Added new currencies to bag. (You can view your weekly cap by hovering over the currency value)
- UI Crafting Dialog Rework (Craft Button appears when you put all the items)

Following screenshots has been taken from my test files, we're still implementing the new features on the actual server.
2ue1th5.jpg

11lqxaf.png

2pts16q.png
smashed it hany looks good that lad. also the player death, kills maybe keep so they dont refresh? would it not be better to see how many times you've died all together since char creation? just a thought. this has to be by far the best server that will be released from what i can see. will you be adding Firefox? Or another Tao pet? or just shinzu basic normal flame attack then transforms into the big ****er at level 3? and Deva?

Last edited:

kevin87

Prime Сasual Dating - True Females
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
GB

whens server live?

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015

whens server live?

**** sake, it's been said multiple times now, and there's even a link to the website with the open date.

Taken off their website - "Release Date: 07/10/2017 - 12pm"

Last edited:

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK

Nice updates. Why only update on login though? Seems a bit archaic (although hardly important)

Refreshed? I guess he meant reset maybe? if they only update when you log in and out, that's a tad pants...

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

**** sake, it's been said multiple times now, and there's even a link to the website with the open date.

Alright no need to be so SeRiOuS

---------- Post Merged at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Refreshed? I guess he meant reset maybe? if they only update when you log in and out, that's a tad pants...

That's what I was thinking. Maybe it's a restriction they don't wanna put on the server, but it seems like it wouldn't cause any extra load at all... But then reset on login doesn't make much more sense though

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Sorry, when is live?

That writings a bit small for me to read.

On a 'serious' note...do we really have to wait 5 days? Could really do with something to play now lol.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom

Whens it live?

I'm colour blind and I cannot read red writing, its just a blurr to me.