Paragon Infinity [Crystal] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Re: Paragon Infinity Mir

I never even thought to open the GS.
Items for sale as GG credit is an instant turnoff. Even more-so when there is no gold equivalent.

Shoulderpads - credit only.
Stat torches - credit only
Mounts with 8-8 all stats... highest for gold is 2-2.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

Yeah, I mean everyone knew there was going to a be a element of 'pay2win' about the server, as it will follow its predecessors route, but adding it all up its actually quite significant.

I have no issue with it, as I mention earlier, each to their own.

Pads 10-10 Main Stat 5-5 defense (500 cred - 7 days)
Torch 7-9 Main 7-9 def (200 cred - 60 dura)

Mount 11-11 Main 11-11 Def HP/MP +4% (550 cred)
Reins 4-4 def +1 acc (50 cred)
Bell 4-4 main, 4-4 def +25 hp (100 cred)
Saddle 2-3 ac (50 c)
Riibbon 3-3 main, 3-3 def (60 c)
Mask 8-8 main 8-8 def +1 acc +20 hp (160 c)

Its a lot. But again, I have no personal exp with it so take this as what it is. Just numbers.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014

I never played the previous servers so no idea on that front. Maybe everything is easily obtainable in-game from mobs, tho I'll never find out.

However, selling any item/potion with stats for credit only is the very definition of 'Pay To Win'.
Small exp buffs, extra bank space and the like as a 'subscription' or cosmetics are fine. But that's about it.

This is of course just my opinion, people are free to spend their money on whatever they like.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

It has stuff going in its favour, such as the cap stopping the gap from ever getting too much.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Yeah, I mean everyone knew there was going to a be a element of 'pay2win' about the server, as it will follow its predecessors route, but adding it all up its actually quite significant.

Saddle 2-3 ac (50 c)

Its a lot. But again, I have no personal exp with it so take this as what it is. Just numbers.

I'm told they're making everything purchasable with gold soon enough, should give gold a lot of value and allow those who can't/won't donate a chance to get the items.

Also the mount items don't actually give stats, there's literally no point in buying them. Only works when you're on your mount lol

The pads are being buffed to last 1month also, 7days seemed ridiculously low. I'll post here my thoughts on the sub pot: if its going in, it should cost no more than a fiver for a month and have just exp and drop rate of 10%. This isn't WoW levels of content, if im buying a sub it should be minimal and come with minimal rewards. To the point where you aren't forced to buy it.

Last edited:

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

I'm told they're making everything purchasable with gold soon enough, should give gold a lot of value and allow those who can't/won't donate a chance to get the items.

Also the mount items don't actually give stats, there's literally no point in buying them. Only works when you're on your mount lol

The pads are being buffed to last 1month also, 7days seemed ridiculously low. I'll post here my thoughts on the sub pot: if its going in, it should cost no more than a fiver for a month and have just exp and drop rate of 10%. This isn't WoW levels of content, if im buying a sub it should be minimal and come with minimal rewards. To the point where you aren't forced to buy it.

Is why you'll see I separated the mount stuff. I saw some of the items allowed you to mount in dungeons and the other allowed you to fight on horseback, so worth including I thought.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom

@Tai: Pot sellers, in first room (inn). In the Oma/Bone Cave, guy that gives you a new skele if you lose yours next to quest giver. In serpent hold sz after you complete the rescue quest and then in westermarch proper.

You mean the "Poison Seller" npc. Yeah, click that and then click on "I want to buy some poison" and then medium pots appear in the list. Logical AF. Also on a map of this size having one NPC is a ****ing joke. Hold on, I need to run all the way back to the start room from 12 screens away in order to repot, then run back to continue my grinding. Maybe this wasn't an issue when this map was flooded with players and drops, but it is now when I've only seen two other people on the entire Westermarsh map. (which btw makes the server feel dead to newcomers)

I didn't even know @home or @town was an option - Where is that explained?

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013

'tis true. I didn't say they were logical, just that they were there ;) But I agree. Annoying as **** when you playing tao, and get poison. At that sorta stage its quite a trek back. I just didn't use it til I got to the next one.

aRKY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2009

Saddle 2-3 ac (50 c)

none of those are added to your char. there added to your mount so you can attack when on it but cant use your skills so just a novelty

Ben has already said he will add a gold amount against them shortly.

Also people have been selling mounts/pads/torches in TM and in shouts.

alkaprawn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 4, 2012
If your on a laptop you need to change it in the bios hotkeys enabled/disable

---------- Post Merged at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Link will not load, unsure why

Finally got in game but I can use my F keys, how do I change so I can use them in-game without turning my WIFI off when I press F12 -.-

I cant remember how to change

If your on a laptop you need to change it in the bios hotkeys enabled/disable

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Link will not load, unsure why

Finally got in game but I can use my F keys, how do I change so I can use them in-game without turning my WIFI off when I press F12 -.-

I cant remember how to change

Are you on a laptop? I'm guessing you have an FN key somewhere if so. That needs to be held down to use your Function keys. There are workarounds on google available, though i.e disabling it.

UltSpeed

Lena 💪
Veteran
Loyal Member
Feb 15, 2010
England
Are you on a laptop? I'm guessing you have an FN key somewhere if so. That needs to be held down to use your Function keys. There are workarounds on google available, though i.e disabling it.

yes on a laptop , its new don't know the way it works yet, its totally different from the older ones ><

kevin87

Prime Сasual Dating - True Females
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 11, 2005
GB
i expected more people to try this server, no advertising outside of lomcn?

the break down is, its not all that. waiting months for met strike to be changed so that it doesnt continue to do damage after being hit, is just one of the little things wrong with the server. warriors have to BA everything like they are short ranged wizards.

also as kori and wargod was just talking about, the GG store. from start only credit stuff, atleast if there was a gold option from the start the usercount would still be higher than it is right now.

ALSO!!!!!

this server was just to past time for zircon for many :mask:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I think the server's good and expected it to hold the usercount way better than it did, it deserves more but also have to agree with ^ so many i spoke to and including myself it was just a time sink for Zircon, 0-50 was super fun, i didn't enjoy the paragon it just didn't feel rewarding enough at level 18 Paragon i feel like the stats do next to **** all, maybe the people with 50+ Paragon level notice a difference but just don't have that time to put in.. I think it was a really cool concept but server would of done better without it just having another med-high rate server and fixing the mistake from 5H still capped it at 50 for a month or so then kept doing 10 level expansions, just my opinion though no hate still done a great job.

solo play is near impossible for bosses unless your a tao or have been given super kit from a guild, can run the 45 spider instance over and over and get some unknown kit which is just trash, Orc is near impossible solo with an average kit, ToY is to hard without a guild. You just had to be in in a guild to get anywhere i wanted to play solo but i couldn't once people got in unknown kit / Valor i was almost forced to join a guild because i didn't have enough damage to kill bosses that dropped it and even in all Godly normal 50 kit it didn't compare to somebody with few mir items / Valor set like most guilds had after a week,

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I have to say.

This is one of Bens worst servers.

I disagree. I think it's pretty fun, the issue is Ben was never really apart of the team and so Hany/Dale are incharge of things. Dale has been a little slack lately with updates and it's shown, it's driven people away. An instance that is meant to be for noobs to get noob kit has been way too hard since the server came up. Can only imagine how many people got to this point and gave up/quit because they can't progress solo.

The core of the server and the ideas behind it work well. Instances on here are actually decent/were fun to do and farm. The execution however has been piss poor. They're planning a big expansion in a few weeks time that frankly I hope addresses these issues/others that people have mentioned on their forums.

Last edited: