Help Patcher Issues

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
As anyone used the latest code for patcher ? I can upload files fine and download them fine, but when i try to change client.exe and shared.dll on the patcher and try to redownload it just crashes the client patcher. Ive ran it in admin, tried uploading patcher a few times to make sure nothing went wrong. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
As anyone used the latest code for patcher ? I can upload files fine and download them fine, but when i try to change client.exe and shared.dll on the patcher and try to redownload it just crashes the client patcher. Ive ran it in admin, tried uploading patcher a few times to make sure nothing went wrong. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
my suggestion let herc post his owns problems xD

Upvote 0

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
my suggestion let herc post his owns problems xD
My suggestion is u f off.

Since trying i have reverted this update from 6th decemeber:
However now it re writes the client as clientold but doesnt restart the patcher proper, therefore crashes on shared.dll each time. But reverting it gets further than it currently is on the code.

Upvote 0

Wummy

Majestic Mir 2
Dedicated Member
Aug 24, 2015
Majestic Town
My suggestion is u f off.

Since trying i have reverted this update from 6th decemeber:
However now it re writes the client as clientold but doesnt restart the patcher proper, therefore crashes on shared.dll each time. But reverting it gets further than it currently is on the code.
O.o miss angry pants haha

Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Yeah I have same issue with Client.exe/Dlls not over-writing after the initial patcher download.

Just seems like the patcher has issues when over-writing at the moment, will try look at it but I have a back log of work for my own server atm (damn heat sink popping) if not will pay someone to fix it and publish the fix

Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Should be fixed. Missed a couple of dots for the extension check.
Tested and working for client.exe so assume .dll will be same

Thanks as always mate! saved me time / Money :D
Post automatically merged:

Just tested .dll and works as well (just for clarity)

Reactions: Far
Upvote 0