Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
As per previous posts, I am a noob..

Ok so, I have built a pc:
Ryzen 1300x
GA-A320M-HD2 -Mother board
Radeon 560 4GB OC - GPU
Sillicon 4GB DDR4 ram sticks x2 Single Sticks

Apon booting it i was getting no signal using HDMI, the system does not even boot to BIOS. Everything seems to be in working order however no signal, I have heard the ram may not be compatible but not sure..

I stripped the system and rebuilt it to make sure everyting was installed correctly with no result, as i bought 2 single rams rather then a kit i also tried to boot with 1 ram stick.. Also no result.

Any help?👍👍

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
As per previous posts, I am a noob..

Ok so, I have built a pc:
Ryzen 1300x
GA-A320M-HD2 -Mother board
Radeon 560 4GB OC - GPU
Sillicon 4GB DDR4 ram sticks x2 Single Sticks

Apon booting it i was getting no signal using HDMI, the system does not even boot to BIOS. Everything seems to be in working order however no signal, I have heard the ram may not be compatible but not sure..

I stripped the system and rebuilt it to make sure everyting was installed correctly with no result, as i bought 2 single rams rather then a kit i also tried to boot with 1 ram stick.. Also no result.

Any help?👍👍

Check you are using the correct port on monitor and have selected the correct source/input for the monitor.

Try DVI or Display Port.

Any fans spin?

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Make sure you've put your monitor cable into the graphics card, and not the onboard slot on your computer.

You'd be surprised how often this happens...

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
Fans all working, Lights on MB work, no beeping noises on start just the sound of the fans kicking in, It sounds asif it is booting.

I have plugged my HDMI directly into graphic card rather then MB with no result.

I will try using DVI in the morning to see if any result.
Any other suggestions?

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
Have you powered your GPU ? Most GPUs of that apec require more than just the PCI-e slot to function. ...although your onboard port would still work regardless, not sure what Kori is waffling on aboot

edit: You could take out your CMOS battery, if nothing works after this then I'm afraid its probably a faulty motherboard since / provided you've done the following

- Removed the CMOS Battery
- Taken out CPU and put in back in (You've already rebuilt)
- Made sure HDD is Powered up
- Made sure GPU is Powered up (if it needs the extra juice)
- Made sure you Power Supply is providing enough power for the GPU
- Removed 1 stick of RAM (You've done this)
- Tried all Monitor Ports (PC / Screen)
- Tried different cables

Last edited:

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
Again, Appreciate the feed back, nothing has worked is it possible that my BIOS is not currently compaitable with ryzen 1300x as i was speaking with E-Buyer and they advised this is possible due to AMD being rubbish with BIOS updates, before i send it back to E Buyer should i download new BIOS onto a stick and try to force boot BIOS?

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004
I can't say I agree with the eBuyer assistant on this one, AMD were "rubbish" with BIOS updates but recently they have been absolutely flawless and provided some great updates. Even then, things like this would come up on compatibility tests and I've run both your MOBO / CPU through several sites and there have been no mention of this being an issue. All Ryzen CPU's are supported by AM4 MOBO's , so its very unlikely that this is the issue.

The eBuyer guy is talking rubbish, you can try it ...worst case scenario is you got a dead CPU/MOBO.

nigelfarage

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 2, 2017
thats worst case scenario its most likely you got something in the wrong place

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
I under stand and know it is compaitble but due conversation with E-Buyer thought it may not boot due to BIOS being outdated.. Currently at work with no access to my Build.. will post tonight

---------- Post Merged at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Hmmmm, underdstood.. ill give BIOS update a shot, i mean its a shot in the dark but as of now im currently in the dark soo.. if this fails i shall be sending the MOBO back to E buyer as they are refusing the CPU saying this cant be the fault, Hopefully get this resolved soon...

1st PC build and no bloody luck.

MOBO lights up but im guessing this doesnt mean its alive..

Appreciate all the replys you have given, would have been utterly clueless myself.

I do believe everything is pointing towards a dead MOBO.

---------- Post Merged at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:13 PM ----------

I mean, on the board there is the main power and then the CPU power both in correct places as its impossible to confuse the 2, The rest is just the case power.. as stated i will post a photo to double check but i dont see this being the issue.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
first of all check the monitor is on the right source ;)

few steps to try..

1. does it work if plugged into the mobo?

2. do you have power to the graphics? (plugged in the cables)

p.s some pics wouldn't go a miss.. use imgur

and what is the full model of your ram?

Last edited:

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
When I say Noob, i dont mean completely 😂,
Yes the settings are correct on monitor
Tried various monitors
various leads
Connecting the monitor to MOBO also does nowt
Sillicon 4GB DDR4 ram sticks 2113mhz if thats what you mean by full model
have also tried pluggin cosiar
Pictures will be uploaded in the morning.

From what i have been reading it seems the MOBO is dead... all the symptoms are pointing towards that...

but hey who knows, if you type ur illness symptoms into google it will say your dead.... So who really believes google these days.

---------- Post Merged at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:34 AM ----------

When I say Noob, i dont mean completely 😂,
Yes the settings are correct on monitor
Tried various monitors
various leads
Connecting the monitor to MOBO also does nowt
Sillicon 4GB DDR4 ram sticks 2113mhz if thats what you mean by full model
have also tried pluggin cosiar
Pictures will be uploaded in the morning.

From what i have been reading it seems the MOBO is dead... all the symptoms are pointing towards that...

but hey who knows, if you type ur illness symptoms into google it will say your dead.... So who really believes google these days.

EDIT, My GPU draws its power from MOBO there is no extra power required im sure as no where to plug leads.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Yeah does sound mobo, CPU all seated correctly?? could try re-seating it?

take out the GPU/one ram stick, might have to go back to basics and trial and error.

Should get some sort of BIOS info, at the very least...

the fact the mobo is turning on is weird, it should show something,

is it new or used? maybe resetting the bios may fix something? try a different hdmi cable too.. (had an issue before with a hdmi working for one pc but not another, don't ask me why, I have no idea.. ) :P

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
PC build https://imgur.com/gallery/WOzgN

should take u to my build.. the graphics card was not installed nor a monitor these pictures are for the lot that wanted to make sure it was plugged correctly.

As stated before graphic card runs from MOBO so no extra power required

Martyn, ive tried debugging with no result, i rebuilt the pc 3 times now, using only 1 ram no gpu blah blah blah,

think my best bet is to take to a pc shop and see if enough power is being generated.