Help .PDB

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Hi guys, recently downloaded some new Weapons, however they are encased in a .PDB file. It came with a file viewer, but for some reason, when i open the files, nothing appears.

Heres an example:

When i click open nothing happens and when i try to open again they do not appear for selection until i close and reopen the program.

Has anyone ever successfully used a PDB file viewer, i have researched and downloaded several all afternoon with no success.

Cheers

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
That is a VS C# debug file.
It's not something needed to run the game, just part of the development side.
Yea, however its holding the images inside of the weapons. Just like a Lib file. I just need a viewer that can access and extract.

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
That is a VS C# debug file.
It's not something needed to run the game, just part of the development side.
I'm guessing in this instance .pdb is not a debug file, and stands for something else.

Upvote 0

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
This may sound stupid but have you dried dragging it onto the Lib editor?

EDIT: they look smaller than the shanda files which are named the same, do you know what its yours?

1620828881755.png

Upvote 0

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Haha, sorry yeah deffo not the Program debugger. its not the Pile Dump either. It's some sort of asian version of Wil/Wiz etc. The Viewer they gave me with it also opens Wil/Wiz
Post automatically merged:

This may sound stupid but have you dried dragging it onto the Lib editor?
Not stupid at all, This is always my go to thing to do first, but yeah i did, no luck

Upvote 0

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Haha, sorry yeah deffo not the Program debugger. its not the Pile Dump either. It's some sort of asian version of Wil/Wiz etc. The Viewer they gave me with it also opens Wil/Wiz

Not stupid at all, This is always my go to thing to do first, but yeah i did, no luck
edited my post have a re read

Upvote 0

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
edited my post have a re read
Yeah they are much smaller, only 3 new assassin weapons. (they have been extracted from the orig Shanda files and put back in as a set of 3)

The people i got them from always extract the files and give me the "wils" just incase, however they only extracted the Right Weapons and Effects... Very annoying, so im stuck with running around with Single sided sin blades xD

it's a shame as they are a very nice new set. However tbh it's not the end of the world i have already added 60+ new sin weps, i just cant help myself when it comes to new stuff

i have had a friend read the files for me (if only i could read chinese!) and managed to work out there is a password blocking me opening, managed to get it sorted. thanks for help guys.

Can close this now :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Far and Sanjian
Upvote 0

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
Yeah i got them open no problem in the end, it was password protected hence the issue with the viewer i purchased.

Upvote 0