Planche progression

smoochy boys on tour

XxEvilDxX

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Apr 10, 2010
USA
Hello Everyone, I have been working on my planche for awhile now. I have been doing a sitting handstand then slowing going down into the planche.
I started by simply lifting my body off the ground siting Indian style. After holding this position for awhile and gaining the muscle memory I needed I moved onto bringing my torso flat with the ground and again holding the position with my legs folded in. After doing this for awhile it became very easy to pick myself up into a solid handstand. Building your core is vital in controlling your weight and balance. From there I began to slowly lower myself into handstand push ups. I then began to start lowering my self into the flat position with my legs still folded in.
The next step I took was to do push ups with my hands as close to my waist as possible in order to build the muscle memory I needed to hold my bodies weight.
I then started to just go into a straddle planche which is where your legs are apart. This helps to distribute your weight so you are not taking the full leverage of your legs weight. This is where I am at now and the next step would be to bring my legs together holding my full leveraged weight. I hope to get this goal by next year or maybe even sooner.
Anyone else into the planche or have any suggestions toward this progression?

Last edited: