Play to win servers instead of Pay to win.

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
The games you're referring to that gives early access, is usually a couple days before release and your progress carries over. Can you find me any game that charges to play it's beta? There's plenty wrong with it
Diablo IV early access / Beta is coming out this week.

You have to buy a certain version of the game to be able to access this, like £60 or £80 options.

Progress will then be wiped for Live release later on in the year.

Reactions: Sanjian

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
And yes there are some games that will charge for a beta, but yours ain't worthy of that. It's a damn private server, just be happy people are willing to play you stupid low rate (4-6 months to get to level 40) just to find bugs for you, no need to require a donation for them to play. How I dno how you're saying it isn't a beta, when you're literally doing everything you would on a beta which is people flagging bugs for you, you compiling a list and looking into them jabroni.
Post automatically merged:

Diablo IV early access / Beta is coming out this week.

You have to buy a certain version of the game to be able to access this, like £60 or £80 options.

Progress will then be wiped for Live release later on in the year.

So we're comparing D4 to Sanj Mir2 private low rate :S. And I've got early access on D4, it's just to see the game. Nobody is actually testing ****.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Sanj you don't know what early access is tbh, your progress will carry over if the game goes live. You old bitter man. And stop trying to mask it, you can't play the test server without donating - that is literally charging to play it. Nobody is surprised, it's a paradox because your files are great you're just bad at managing and running anything. No real world experience and it shows mate.
youre wrong

as an eaxmple 7d2d B15 wasnt compatable with B16 so you had to start again...

this is irrelevant btw

im not charging people to play, im giving free access to people who support me... you wouldnt see the difference because it doesnt fit your narrative :)

jaffar99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 15, 2011
And yes there are some games that will charge for a beta, but yours ain't worthy of that. It's a damn private server, just be happy people are willing to play you stupid low rate (4-6 months to get to level 40) just to find bugs for you, no need to require a donation for them to play. How I dno how you're saying it isn't a beta, when you're literally doing everything you would on a beta which is people flagging bugs for you, you compiling a list and looking into them jabroni.
Post automatically merged:

So we're comparing D4 to Sanj Mir2 private low rate :S. And I've got early access on D4, it's just to see the game. Nobody is actually testing ****.
I was just giving an example lad :D

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
youre wrong

as an eaxmple 7d2d B15 wasnt compatable with B16 so you had to start again...

this is irrelevant btw

im not charging people to play, im giving free access to people who support me... you wouldnt see the difference because it doesnt fit your narrative :)
You're just twist the wording?

Let us play without having to donate then...mate at least just own it god.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
and imagine a world where people reported bugs because they wants a bug free server.... gosh i must be so greedy....

MasterD

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 27, 2003
Baldur's Gate III is an upcoming role-playing video game developed and published by Larian Studios. It is the third main game in the Baldur's Gate series, which is itself based on the Dungeons & Dragons tabletop role-playing system. A partial version of the game was released in early access format for Windows, macOS, and the Stadia streaming service, on 6 October 2020. The game is expected to remain in early access until its full release on August 31, 2023

Just putting that here regarding the comments about early access games coming out shortly before full release :D

P2W servers will only survive if people P2W and they probably always will.

Reactions: Omnibus and Jev

TheOnlyOne

DarkReturn Server High Rate
Loyal Member
Dark Return
Game Master
Oct 6, 2017
Jordan
I’ve edited both comments above, please refrain from the name calling. Infractions to follow if it continues
i wish you did this in other post like here lol this is **** really mr mod

Pusha

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Not sure it made any difference, but I was the one on the discord who suggested having a Patreon support set up.

I did this because everything I read and see from Sanjian and all the work he does, tells me he wants to move the Mir community in the right direction, and won't bow down to the toxic, greedy, pot-stirring few individuals.

The fact that I get to have a little mess around and do some testing on the server is just a bonus.

If server owners don't make the changes we will be stuck in the rut we are currently in until they all decide to just give up on the game completely, then its back to trash, overhyped, early access, season pass, DLC Content every few weeks "AAA" games that we pay £60-80 quid a go to play for a few days then get bored.

Just my take on it.

• Love
Reactions: Netskee and Sanjian

Knotty

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2014
Elites prob only server thats not been pay to win, tho always gonna get people who pay for items or levelers so thats as good as itll get

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Not sure it made any difference, but I was the one on the discord who suggested having a Patreon support set up.

I did this because everything I read and see from Sanjian and all the work he does, tells me he wants to move the Mir community in the right direction, and won't bow down to the toxic, greedy, pot-stirring few individuals.

The fact that I get to have a little mess around and do some testing on the server is just a bonus.

If server owners don't make the changes we will be stuck in the rut we are currently in until they all decide to just give up on the game completely, then its back to trash, overhyped, early access, season pass, DLC Content every few weeks "AAA" games that we pay £60-80 quid a go to play for a few days then get bored.

Just my take on it.

its nice to see someone have my back on this and not see it as a pay to play a test server.

i can also tell you i have more patreons than i do have accounts made on the test server, which means some people are actually prepared to support the servers development and understand that by helping me they are also helping secure the servers continued development.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
its nice to see someone have my back on this and not see it as a pay to play a test server.

i can also tell you i have more patreons than i do have accounts made on the test server, which means some people are actually prepared to support the servers development and understand that by helping me they are also helping secure the servers continued development.
I'm in a lucky situation with regard to my server.

-Dev who's working for free and is pushing everything to everyone. (Thanks @grimchamp)
-Website host with no charge (Thanks @Martyn)
-Web designer with no charge (Thanks @a3dam)
-Artist for banners/images (Thanks @Andeh)
-Server host for the first 90% of the server's lifespan (Thanks @Valhalla)

The only loss really is the dedi costs per month and my time :ROFLMAO:

Hence the Buy Me Coffee link is in my signature.

Never seen anyone else have the same offerings, I back your decision to use Patreon for the test server.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005

Honestly, the amount of work, time, sweat (💦) and money you poured along the years on this project you are doing.

Nobody sane would mind it to be pay2play tbh.

Keep up the hard work.