Please give your honest opinion about this server concept.

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
3.RvRvR, that is the sole reason of limited mega guild, leaders recruit more if they wanna win, if they don't treat guildies equal, guildies leave and fight against you.

But forcing people into one guild is awkward, most guilds form cliques within them anyway. Just make tiny guilds, with their own storage and chat (and buffs!) which can then join together into an alliance like old euro mir had. Ideally with another chat. 3 colours, green, orange and purple.

Many people like having their own guild, forcing them into big ones will alienate them. Alliances solve a lot of issues.

KillsFree

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 4, 2014
But forcing people into one guild is awkward, most guilds form cliques within them anyway. Just make tiny guilds, with their own storage and chat (and buffs!) which can then join together into an alliance like old euro mir had. Ideally with another chat. 3 colours, green, orange and purple.

Many people like having their own guild, forcing them into big ones will alienate them. Alliances solve a lot of issues.
“ most guilds form cliques within them anyway.” exactly ! If there are guild within the guild which we know its true. they would use their own discord anyway.
they could all leave a moment before guild war and join the other side. or make under table deals with other people. who knows.
that is the way I want it to be.

and that's why the guild war winner has to mean something, to have people unite, but it cant be deal-breaking to losing sides, we will see.
This is more of a choosing side than being a guild.

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
“ most guilds form cliques within them anyway.” exactly ! If there are guild within the guild which we know its true. they would use their own discord anyway.
they could all leave a moment before guild war and join the other side. or make under table deals with other people. who knows.
that is the way I want it to be.

and that's why the guild war winner has to mean something, to have people unite, but it cant be deal-breaking to losing sides, we will see.
This is more of a choosing side than being a guild.

Then give them their own guild within an alliance, like corps within alliances on eve, so they can have their own storage, buffs, and identity. There is so much more to a guild than just wars, so reducing it down to that is a mistake imho.

By all means reduce alliances down to wars, as that's what they were on official mir2 to take/defend SW, so it would feel very nostalgic for us older players.

Sort of makes sense that these guilds would come together to form an alliance to capture "space" ala eve. Could have 4 areas, 2 which are similar, 1 for the winner of the war with better xp/loot, and 1 which is PvP based with the best rewards, and where the wars are based. Stick it on a 2 week cycle, and lock guilds/players in for most of it to stop alliance/guild jumping if they lose. Could work very well if there's enough players on it.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
The biggest thing PVP wise in mir is keeping the competition healthy, people love good fights, even if they lose them.
however no one likes one sided fights, (except maybe the one guild that can smash the rest of the server).

The problem is, if its one sided, people can lose their gear, can't compete for top end bosses or other things that give the already strongest guilds even more of an advantage. It also means they dont have a chance to defend themselves or be a threat to the players who are killing them.

Class Balance is obviously the huge factor in terms of PvP, if its well rounded, the only outliers will be the people who have RNGod on their side with items / item rolls or with 16+ hours to invest in a game where the natural progression scales them up; but the other huge factor is power creep with the equipment.

When a level 42 ring jumps from say DC2-8 to a level 45 ring having DC4-12 (you have already gave the level 45 a DC4-8 advantage, not including the plethora of other stats from the other equipment/lvl diff/and skill level scaling boosts they are getting, it can get out of hand quickly.

I have a few things I am testing, which if they work don't mind sharing my insights, but its remembering each part needs to be balanced in tandem to all the other parts, you can't just adjust spell scaling and say "yep thats done" or equipment and expect the same.

KillsFree

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 4, 2014
i see...ill post gear tier stats later when I put them in excel. that will solve most concern...and please remember....mobs stats are balanced toward tier gear.
regular mobs have no ac/mac, defensive stats are only on subs and bosses.

say map 1 is for tier 1 set gear, with full t 1 you hit 3 times, mob die.
map 5 is for tier 5 set gear, with full t 5 you hit 3 times, mob die.
if you go to t5with tier 1 gear, you wont do much dmg,

something like that... player health, dmg and defensive buffs(tao) are all balanced toward that, gear tier.
Post automatically merged:

Then give them their own guild within an alliance, like corps within alliances on eve, so they can have their own storage, buffs, and identity. There is so much more to a guild than just wars, so reducing it down to that is a mistake imho.

By all means reduce alliances down to wars, as that's what they were on official mir2 to take/defend SW, so it would feel very nostalgic for us older players.

Sort of makes sense that these guilds would come together to form an alliance to capture "space" ala eve. Could have 4 areas, 2 which are similar, 1 for the winner of the war with better xp/loot, and 1 which is PvP based with the best rewards, and where the wars are based. Stick it on a 2 week cycle, and lock guilds/players in for most of it to stop alliance/guild jumping if they lose. Could work very well if there's enough players on it.

#1, not sure if it can be done, alliance chat thing. I think it requires some fundamental code changing? and I'm not capable of that.
#2, if #1 couldn't be done, then it loses the purpose of having people together, and form your circle while you could still find other people to group when all your friends are off.

holo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2014
#1, not sure if it can be done, alliance chat thing. I think it requires some fundamental code changing? and I'm not capable of that.
#2, if #1 couldn't be done, then it loses the purpose of having people together, and form your circle while you could still find other people to group when all your friends are off.

I'm sure it can be done, there are far more difficult things that have been done with these files. You could copy and paste the code for guild chat, only sending the text to additional people. Or take the global chat channel, but only display it to people with the same flag, set by their guild/alliance (though with this you'd lose global chat, not sure if you'd want to keep that in?).

mingze123

LOMCN Member
Nov 2, 2020
I think playing on the rarity of the item or drops are too harsh for people at this age. The players are between 30 and 39 as of 2020, so we can't expect them to sit for hours to grind the gears they lose.

I like the simplicity of the idea such as limiting the level to 40 and a set # of spells and the upgrading systems. The upgrading system might be too much work comparing with just creating new items.

I like the idea of a cap on the damage because some servers could have dominate players.

In terms of PK, I feel losing experience when being PKed by a player within a few levels of you would be more interesting.

I like the bosses part as well, but my gut tells me the combo of existing bosses would make the fight interesting enough. For example, control mobs + ranged boss or two bosses, one is control type, one is dps type.

Again, thanks for sharing your ideas, please share more!
Post automatically merged:

also, a 1v1, 2v2 or 3v3 PVP system would be interesting. Winner gets the items put into the pool by the two parties or GM rewards top PVP team like WOW.

Last edited:

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Alot of text i would dim it down a bit to help get feedback.

Overall i like the concept.

Gear - i like the idea and overall but you lost me how the gear goes from 10 to better. Can i get a ruby ring and turn it into max tier with enough time and effort?

Guild - sounds good healthy way to maintain the guilds issue

Classes - sounds good but as a tao main going back to support only and seeing all these classes get backstep and extra skills where i get a special pet that will probably be high level means not much there that i havent already done so is it worth the grind?

Overall i like it and wish you the best