Please pass on my thanks

VB6Kid2k4

LOMCN n00bie
May 1, 2019
tl;dr - Leocrasher was the greatest influence of my youth. Please pass on my thanks if you're in contact with her.

Hey folks. I don't really intend on sticking around for too long. I've tried to get back in contact with Leo over the past few years but she's really made that difficult.
I grew up in a rough part of London into a family with no money going to a school I hated. When I asked her about how games are made, she told me about programming, added me on MSN and helped me with every single programming question that I had. She never made me feel like the dumb-ass kid that I was and inspired me to become an engineer.

I've had the opportunity to visit new continents, meet amazing people, learn amazing things, and secure my family's future largely thanks to her patience, knowledge, and willingness to teach. I feel like she completely changed my life and that I owe her a lot.

Obviously, I'm not expecting anyone to share contact details or anything but rather - If you are still in touch with her, please pass on my gratitude.

P.s I just googled my old MSN name to see if I could find my old account. Man am I embarrassed. Sorry, everyone circa 2003!

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
tl;dr - no one's heard from Leo since about 2005; was probably a man who grew up and didn't want to continue pretending to be female, or something like that

Cool story though, what was your original forum name?

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
I thought Leo was cool for a while until he banned me for a cheat that never existed (which could never have existed)

P.S My story is cooler.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
What cheat did you use?

DC cheat apparently, I had 255-255 dc on frozen and double fs killed majority of players (baring in mind that dc was easily obtainable) it was the general accusation that made me lol, to think it was possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
DC cheat apparently, I had 255-255 dc on frozen and double fs killed majority of players (baring in mind that dc was easily obtainable) it was the general accusation that made me lol, to think it was possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Threre was some cool stuff you could hack on Mir back in the day but im pretty sure that DC hack was never a thing.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Threre was some cool stuff you could hack on Mir back in the day but im pretty sure that DC hack was never a thing.
Yeah I think it was a myth.

The good old exploit to add immense stats to items was impressive. I can't remember how it was done but something to do with changing one of the srv IP's to your own, log into your own server and added stats to weapon, you could then log into the server you're playing and the stats would transfer over.

This was on 1/4 files I believe.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
tl;dr - no one's heard from Leo since about 2005; was probably a man who grew up and didn't want to continue pretending to be female, or something like that

Thats slightly strange.

Didnt leo start lomcn? (Not sure) You set up an online community, and then one day just vanish, for the last 14 years, they have never thought to check back?

Anyone considered the possiblty she's dead?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Thats slightly strange.

Didnt leo start lomcn? (Not sure) You set up an online community, and then one day just vanish, for the last 14 years, they have never thought to check back?

Anyone considered the possiblty she's dead?

No but she was pivotal for sure. Probably saw me still here and turnt and run (let's just say we didn't get on 😂)

Here's a thread from a few years ago the last time we talked about it

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Yeah I think it was a myth.

The good old exploit to add immense stats to items was impressive. I can't remember how it was done but something to do with changing one of the srv IP's to your own, log into your own server and added stats to weapon, you could then log into the server you're playing and the stats would transfer over.

This was on 1/4 files I believe.
I remember seeing a SSW with stupid stats something like DC47-217 SC107-199 MC58-71... always wondered how the hell that happened... assumed i'd been day dreaming.

Leo Crasher was definatley an inspiration to me in my early years, she got me into VB6 - I was so intrigued by her 'Mir Front End Launcher' was impressive :) Cant forget FrOzEn either.. that was fun. Hope she returns one day.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I remember seeing a SSW with stupid stats something like DC47-217 SC107-199 MC58-71... always wondered how the hell that happened... assumed i'd been day dreaming.

Leo Crasher was definatley an inspiration to me in my early years, she got me into VB6 - I was so intrigued by her 'Mir Front End Launcher' was impressive :) Cant forget FrOzEn either.. that was fun. Hope she returns one day.
"Cloned" items. I always used to do a wooden sword, keep it in my bag for when no one was around.

I've grown up since... :cool:

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK

You was introduced to VB6? You poor soul.

Reactions: Chriz

VB6Kid2k4

LOMCN n00bie
May 1, 2019

Urgh... It's really cringy going back to those old msgs and reading how/what I typed. I would PM you my old account but I can't find the option to do so.

I thought Leo was cool for a while until he banned me for a cheat that never existed (which could never have existed)

P.S My story is cooler.
I think I actually remember this!

No but she was pivotal for sure. Probably saw me still here and turnt and run (let's just say we didn't get on 😂)

Here's a thread from a few years ago the last time we talked about it

Yeah I did consider that she might be dead. I don't know if people can really just disappear the way she did. And yeah. It was such a different time in the early 2000s. I remember just helping out in a lot of little servers that hardly anyone played on until I found a more permanent role writing spelling mistake riddled quests in Infinite Dreams.

Yeah! Me too :D I think that the time I started was when FrOzEn was massive and her player count forum sigs were all over LOMCN.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Urgh... It's really cringy going back to those old msgs and reading how/what I typed. I would PM you my old account but I can't find the option to do so.

Yes, yes it is! Also you can't send PM's until you've made 3 whole posts

VB6Kid2k4

LOMCN n00bie
May 1, 2019
Ah right! Is that including replies to threads or does it have to be 3 unique posts?