POLL: Most anticipated Mir 2 Server 2020?

smoochy boys on tour

Most anticipated Mir 2 Server 2020?

• Total voters

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
oo not going to vote for a specfic one but i like seeing posts like these as all server owners get to post there best bits which drives competition while giving us teasers for excitement :)

Keep it up guys your works are looking awesome :)

Reactions: Hercules

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Mechanics of Marble were out of this world, Zed is right nothing has even come close since, Jamie is his own Downfall with his own crazy idea's.

Just his Fox Boss AI from Marble is better than every single boss that's been released since.

Whoever said P2W is crazy, Marble you could easily Buy GG from players for Gold at such a cheap price.

Zircon you literally made GG for just hitting mobs outside of SZ lol.

Wasn't Jamie teaching himself C++ and coding Sapphire in ++?

I know @Jamie will probably never work with Anybody but if Jamie had a level-headed person around him to deal with all the Feedback / Moans from players **** would run A LOT smoother somebody who could talk him out of Crazy idea's like Charms lol.

Would Honestly love to see LilCoolDude and Jamie team up, what a power team that'd be.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Whoever said P2W is crazy, Marble you could easily Buy GG from players for Gold at such a cheap price.

Well yes I was a bit unfair, it wasn't real p2w in the game until charms.

Tbh his Fox Boss might as well been another crazy idea, it did not benefit his server having it besides giving the strongest something new to do, this is usually the problem with his servers full stop, he buffs the payers/no lifers so hard that it eventually sucks the life out of 95% of the players. Fox cave just ended up being a Wiz tamers paradise, the drops etc didn't meet the huge amount of effort farming their, you earned better drops doing easy as hell Wiz abused Oma's which was ridiculous...

We had the strongest guilds power farming Oma lands and Black Dragon cave, Wizzies weren't nerfed at all for Oma and abusing the hell out of it, including the fact you could only do a lvl 2+ oma boss doing some cheesy ass Wiz strat (Kori-gasm!).

If server owners can stop trying to think about what brand new things for no lifer goons to do they can move forward and sustain themselves, most of Marble was about being part of the strongest guild and farming xp all day with it, everyone else gets left behind massively, oma oma oma....oma oma.

P2W.... he works 8months non stop coding files, and you think he shouldnt gain $?

Ofc server owners should get sweet dollary doo but adding in ridiculous rng stat pets, charms and insta rez's is just brain dead, especially for a guy of his renowed server making capabilities.

His lvl 4 skills idea is weak but it can be abused, he could create advanced classes where they have certain lvl 4 skills and people would have to pay to swap templates, thats one idea that doesn't upset balance and strengthen the few.

The no lifers on your server too high? you could create instance caves/areas for them where they are their "true level" (make drops RnG based like bene's+weapon refining related stuff), make them spend GG if they want to enter them again in the same day.

Jamie brings life to Mir for the small circle of goons but he has no skills it seems in understanding what keeps a server stable and competitive for the masses, it seems like it's a hobby for him to release broken sh1t, he doesn't want to make an epic server that lasts until it gets defeated by new and refined ideas.

I want Jamie to show off what some of you believe in him but, until proven, he'll be known as someone who releases a server that gets played to death for a month-3 tops and die, is this what his skills and effort result in?

I see far more potential in people like Valk and Herc than anything Jamie has on offer, *** the coding and the polish, understanding of the game and its players is more important.

• Love
Reactions: Hercules

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I want Jamie to show off what some of you believe in him but, until proven, he'll be known as someone who releases a server that gets played to death for a month-3 tops and die, is this what his skills and effort result in?

I see far more potential in people like Valk and Herc than anything Jamie has on offer, *** the coding and the polish, understanding of the game and its players is more important.

I dislike the way Jamie manage its servers but thats what makes him the best on mir2.
Good files, fast way to provide it.

He is a marketing guy, sees the niche and abuse it. When mir2 had nothing to offer - he launched Marble.
When mir3 had nothing to offer - he launched Zircon, Ofc me and DJ had GSP at that time but nothing compares with open source and this can be seen on ZenX Updates/Systems.

Regarding teamwork, Jamie knows its hard to find some one to trust and he knows some time his ideas/thoughts do not fit until prove contrary and that would create instability and loss time on the team he would probably had.

Me and DJ work together for nearly 3 years and never had a fight on any matter. Ofc this is rare but mostly teams once when money comes in they start to act weird, thinking they do more work and get paid less and so on.

Also let's not forget that Chronicles probably had 3-4 members on the team and i never seen Sam,Milo,LCD arguing on shits.

In my opinion servers that would really get that good hype and UC is : EuroReborn, Sapphire
... or @Lilcooldoode stops scratching his balls and get back to work on Chronicles V2.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Doesn't matter what server you all vote for on here. You will all end up playing mine and DKs server in the end anyway. :p

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
It’s very interesting to see ppls votes for what they are looking forward to, (obviously wasn’t expecting any on mine as it’s got 10+ months to go and I’ve only just started).

But we can clearly see a 3 horse race forming and I see it like this...

- Primordial lacking support as it’s a long running V1 and one of the highest UC currently I’m sure ppl are put off with talks of V2 when they still have many active users.

- Valkyrie V2 offers a never seen before graphically custom new class server that offers an equal look towards PvE and PvP.

- Oldskool offers purely from what I’ve seen advertised a PK frenzy of PvP.

- EuroReborn offers a very good PvE experience that has got stuff in and ideas that have been very much presented with a sense of professionalism.

Personally il be playing Valk V2 as I loved V1 and il be rolling to have fun on one of the new classes, until I’m end game and il look to release mine after that so I don’t conflict with Valks UC.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
the results are quite surprising for me anyway, as i dont release servers for other people.... i make a server that i want to play on, then i open it up and if people want to play thats cool....

EuroReborn was originally a closed door project for myself to enjoy playing in a relaxed environment without any tools pissing me off, it was my brother who convinced me to open it up.

Some of you wont believe that but those that played my last projects know thats exactly how i am with mir. Im not a community manager or a GM looking to do events or a server owner who wants to make £££. i just love this game and enjoy the euro experience over and over again.

Everyone is welcome to play but i expect the server to run itself, unless it need addressing i change very little.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
the results are quite surprising for me anyway, as i dont release servers for other people.... i make a server that i want to play on, then i open it up and if people want to play thats cool....

EuroReborn was originally a closed door project for myself to enjoy playing in a relaxed environment without any tools pissing me off, it was my brother who convinced me to open it up.

Some of you wont believe that but those that played my last projects know thats exactly how i am with mir. Im not a community manager or a GM looking to do events or a server owner who wants to make £££. i just love this game and enjoy the euro experience over and over again.

Everyone is welcome to play but i expect the server to run itself, unless it need addressing i change very little.

That's why people want to play your server.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
It’s very interesting to see ppls votes for what they are looking forward to, (obviously wasn’t expecting any on mine as it’s got 10+ months to go and I’ve only just started).

But we can clearly see a 3 horse race forming and I see it like this...

- Primordial lacking support as it’s a long running V1 and one of the highest UC currently I’m sure ppl are put off with talks of V2 when they still have many active users.

- Valkyrie V2 offers a never seen before graphically custom new class server that offers an equal look towards PvE and PvP.

- Oldskool offers purely from what I’ve seen advertised a PK frenzy of PvP.

- EuroReborn offers a very good PvE experience that has got stuff in and ideas that have been very much presented with a sense of professionalism.

Personally il be playing Valk V2 as I loved V1 and il be rolling to have fun on one of the new classes, until I’m end game and il look to release mine after that so I don’t conflict with Valks UC.

Just a heads up a TPR V2 has always been a joke, not working on a V2 while TPR breathes. If I was to ever create a new server, It'd be different, I would re-use features but build the game back up completely and it would be unique and a standalone, not a CC of TPR. B)

The thing that attracts me a lot to a server is longevity.
I god fed up of investing time into a server that would flop after a few months, yes games are a waste of time, but id like to put time into it over time, I dont give a monkeys about being the top dog as long as I enjoy the content, but you get to the 'main game' and the server goes under.

Hence why I have always prided myself on keeping TPR alive as long as people want to play it (and the UC increase again shown that if you constantly update a server it can draw new and old faces to it)

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Well yes I was a bit unfair, it wasn't real p2w in the game until charms.

Tbh his Fox Boss might as well been another crazy idea, it did not benefit his server having it besides giving the strongest something new to do, this is usually the problem with his servers full stop, he buffs the payers/no lifers so hard that it eventually sucks the life out of 95% of the players. Fox cave just ended up being a Wiz tamers paradise, the drops etc didn't meet the huge amount of effort farming their, you earned better drops doing easy as hell Wiz abused Oma's which was ridiculous...

We had the strongest guilds power farming Oma lands and Black Dragon cave, Wizzies weren't nerfed at all for Oma and abusing the hell out of it, including the fact you could only do a lvl 2+ oma boss doing some cheesy ass Wiz strat (Kori-gasm!).

If server owners can stop trying to think about what brand new things for no lifer goons to do they can move forward and sustain themselves, most of Marble was about being part of the strongest guild and farming xp all day with it, everyone else gets left behind massively, oma oma oma....oma oma.

Ofc server owners should get sweet dollary doo but adding in ridiculous rng stat pets, charms and insta rez's is just brain dead, especially for a guy of his renowed server making capabilities.

His lvl 4 skills idea is weak but it can be abused, he could create advanced classes where they have certain lvl 4 skills and people would have to pay to swap templates, thats one idea that doesn't upset balance and strengthen the few.

The no lifers on your server too high? you could create instance caves/areas for them where they are their "true level" (make drops RnG based like bene's+weapon refining related stuff), make them spend GG if they want to enter them again in the same day.

Jamie brings life to Mir for the small circle of goons but he has no skills it seems in understanding what keeps a server stable and competitive for the masses, it seems like it's a hobby for him to release broken sh1t, he doesn't want to make an epic server that lasts until it gets defeated by new and refined ideas.

Whut? once you knew the Strat for fox boss, a Wizard and Sin or Warrior could 2 man it easy.. Wizz put shield up / Mirroring out on the outter ring and tank damage ( with shield u could outpot it ) And the Warrior or Sin either or, would stand at the boss taking 0 damage in the inner ring and demolish it, Save you sun pots for when you tele'd to the outside where the mobs spawn ( Don't attack the mobs just try avoid damage ).. Then lastly when tele'd out just let the Wizard with Shield up collect the drops.

Very easy to 2 man once you knew the strat, was nothing crazy about it at all. Was nice to see an actual decent boss that you didn't just face ****.

Me And Logik 2 manned that boss at level 43.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Whut? once you knew the Strat for fox boss, a Wizard and Sin or Warrior could 2 man it easy.. Wizz put shield up / Mirroring out on the outter ring and tank damage ( with shield u could outpot it ) And the Warrior or Sin either or, would stand at the boss taking 0 damage in the inner ring and demolish it, Save you sun pots for when you tele'd to the outside where the mobs spawn ( Don't attack the mobs just try avoid damage ).. Then lastly when tele'd out just let the Wizard with Shield up collect the drops.

Very easy to 2 man once you knew the strat, was nothing crazy about it at all. Was nice to see an actual decent boss that you didn't just face ****.

Me And Logik 2 manned that boss at level 43.

Having strategy is always fun, and people always complain bosses are quite generic and easy, implement a nice difficult boss, youll get the complaints that they can't kill it (even tho they just need to learn how to kill it rather than just face tank it)

You wont ever win :P

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Whut? once you knew the Strat for fox boss, a Wizard and Sin or Warrior could 2 man it easy.

Who cares about that? The cave took too much time to go through, killing oma's over foxes dropped better loot, lvl 7 foxes were the greatest subs to face and were useless a drop for being in a cave you couldn't RT in (that's some dangerous PvP).

Whats the point of making an instance A straight to Z when it can be good all the way through, this game is more than about boss AI, you just even hit the nail on the head, once you know the strat its over so who cares, the games mobs should be difficult ENOUGH and then you have the challenge of PvP'ing and having a challenging journey.\

Valk's world bosses are the perfect example of hard enough while under the stress of PvP, also if you have a 1 group enter instance boss how gay is that, every game in existance is made better bringing players together, not advancing AI to extremes.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
No idea what Jamie did with Marbles Fox Spirit Boss as i didn't really play Marble.

But Zircon he also created the boss mechanic for JP, where it spawns 1 hit poison clouds. Mixed in with the fact the room naturally spawned mobs that stun (Stone Griffs), made the first time it was seen, an interesting battle.

It's a shame people don't opt into creating things like this more often. They are probably some of the more interesting ways to keep players interested is facing fights they've not done before.

Mir bosses are otherwise just a simple tank and spank....if you can outlast the damage of the boss, you win basically lol.

Reactions: Piff1

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003
Doesn't matter what server you all vote for on here. You will all end up playing mine and DKs server in the end anyway. :p

Seriously though, you guys still working on what you had before? With the stat system and what not, I was really looking forward to it, but had not heard anything for years!

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Seriously though, you guys still working on what you had before? With the stat system and what not, I was really looking forward to it, but had not heard anything for years!
We took a long break as we both wanted to focus on our careers. Since we started again now as a team of 5 (possibly soon to be 6),we have made massive improvements to the core code. It is now fully optimised with MSSQL, packet system is totally different and that evil hyper limiting work loop has been redone. Honestly it has been a huge challenge but the core code is pretty much in a state where we are happy with it.
We have still opted for the classless system where you build a class with stats with loads of new interesting features. That's all I will say for now.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
It's a shame people don't opt into creating things like this more often. They are probably some of the more interesting ways to keep players interested is facing fights they've not done before.

No need for owners to go overboard, just copy the sh1t out of Jamie's lvl 1-7 mobs and bosses, increased stats and % hp with better chance for added items + great drops, then let the pvp do the talking.

Reactions: Chriz

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
No need for owners to go overboard, just copy the sh1t out of Jamie's lvl 1-7 mobs and bosses, increased stats and % hp with better chance for added items + great drops, then let the pvp do the talking.

Ok great....still not seeing that being done either though lol.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
One of the big challenges for myself as a server owner is you have no idea what works, and doesn't work on your server until it launches; or what to expect running a server (its a big task!)

If I was to re-launch there is so much I would have changed from the get go, stuff I would've added, features I have now that I could utilise infinitely better on a new server, things I would've streamlined or just spent that extra few hours to tweak to the nth degree to give it a more finished feel.

I mean I have features within my source that I dont utilise anywhere near as much as I could if I had them from launch (such as global drops).

But the biggest rule of them all.
You can't please everyone with your server.
Post automatically merged:

did the mobs level, or just spawn at random levels, sounds like a system I can get on board and pilfer :D