POLL: Most anticipated Mir 2 Server 2020?

smoochy boys on tour

Most anticipated Mir 2 Server 2020?

• Total voters

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
One of the big challenges for myself as a server owner is you have no idea what works, and doesn't work on your server until it launches; or what to expect running a server (its a big task!)

If I was to re-launch there is so much I would have changed from the get go, stuff I would've added, features I have now that I could utilise infinitely better on a new server, things I would've streamlined or just spent that extra few hours to tweak to the nth degree to give it a more finished feel.

I mean I have features within my source that I dont utilise anywhere near as much as I could if I had them from launch (such as global drops).

But the biggest rule of them all.
You can't please everyone with your server.
Post automatically merged:

did the mobs level, or just spawn at random levels, sounds like a system I can get on board and pilfer :D
They spawned leveled ill always remember the the level 7 mob that was inside the enteance to red cave oneday it literally took 3 guilds to take it down was a complete massacre but tons of fun

Reactions: Piff1

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
One of the big challenges for myself as a server owner is you have no idea what works, and doesn't work on your server until it launches; or what to expect running a server (its a big task!)

If I was to re-launch there is so much I would have changed from the get go, stuff I would've added, features I have now that I could utilise infinitely better on a new server, things I would've streamlined or just spent that extra few hours to tweak to the nth degree to give it a more finished feel.

I mean I have features within my source that I dont utilise anywhere near as much as I could if I had them from launch (such as global drops).

But the biggest rule of them all.
You can't please everyone with your server.

did the mobs level, or just spawn at random levels, sounds like a system I can get on board and pilfer :D

Just Randomly spawned leveled mate, With colours of how skele/Shinsu progress light to dark blue... If you seen a DarkBlue level 7 teleporting mob in RedCave, you'd see the whole group all split trying to not get 1 banged by it lol, would teleport on top of you and slap you for 300 off damage.

Also mid game, he made this really fun map where these tiny little mobs but it would work off EXP per Hit obviously depending on your Damage FW / FF there was nutty seeing the exp spam down your screen every hit ( very small exp per hit though ) Them mobs at level 7 had a AOE that could nearly 1 hit me through shield at level 47 odd.

As Mono Said above, the first level 7 Mob found in red cave was raping everybody at ent of cave for hours lol, i was just running in naked trying to get death drops.

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
lvled monsters/bosses is easily the best mechanic ever introduced into Private Mir, I don't think anyone can dispute otherwise honestly....

Reactions: MonoxideLenny

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Will have to look at this feature then, that does seem sic.
I assume most mobs were level 0 (white) and then obviously higher level 1's were moderate, 2 rare, 3 rare'er' and so on.

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Will have to look at this feature then, that does seem sic.
I assume most mobs were level 0 (white) and then obviously higher level 1's were moderate, 2 rare, 3 rare'er' and so on.
Yer im pretty sure thats how it worked it also applied to boss's on marble there was a level 6 or 7 DD sat there for over a week no one could kill it im sure jamie had to despawn it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: LightBringer

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Aye lvl 7 oks
Ahhh

A few of the voters dont play mir so i wouldnt rely on the poll 2 much, i think OS will take a lot of players, what we dont want to see is servers released around the same times splitting the uc contesting for player count.

A 300+ would be nice to see again, economy, social and server values (Y)

Phantomwizard, we miss you

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
Hi all, sorry not really sure how the site works so can someone link me to the top 3 servers websites on this list please or does all info etc just go through this site? not played Mir for years and would love a good server to go back to

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Aye lvl 7 oks
Ahhh

A few of the voters dont play mir so i wouldnt rely on the poll 2 much, i think OS will take a lot of players, what we dont want to see is servers released around the same times splitting the uc contesting for player count.

A 300+ would be nice to see again, economy, social and server values (Y)

Phantomwizard, we miss you

haha PW ... living legend that u can learn to live with scorpions

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Lvl 7 RME that was 1 shotting everyone :x

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
How the Level of a Mob worked actually on Marble?

From what I understand
The level acted as a multiplier to stats of the mob (ac/mac/dc/hp etc) and also had increased drop files

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
Jamie made the lvled thing better, lvls 1-6 were progessively better but lvl 7 mobs were super speed and had there % everything improved a great deal, if a taos poison wasnt around you were unlikely to kill a lvl 7 unless a mage got it hard stuck.

Also im pretty sure the drop file changed after lvl 4, any boss over lvl 4 was worth a bash.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Jamie made the lvled thing better, lvls 1-6 were progessively better but lvl 7 mobs were super speed and had there % everything improved a great deal, if a taos poison wasnt around you were unlikely to kill a lvl 7 unless a mage got it hard stuck.

Also im pretty sure the drop file changed after lvl 4, any boss over lvl 4 was worth a bash.

One last question.

Did they were spawned like a normal monster or they were spawned by chance once you killed a common one?>