Port Forwarding issue with virgin hub 3.

smoochy boys on tour

brcarter1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 6, 2013
Kent
Hello! Been trying to figure this out myself a while now, when i was on sky never had this issue, have recently switched to virgin and i have set up the ports 7000 and done inbound/outbound rule. yet people cant connect to my server. i have read there has been some issues with port forwarding with the virgin hub 3. if any1 is on virgin with the hub 3 and has got there ports open id really appreciate the help, Many thanks.

brcarter1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 6, 2013
Kent
have you allowed it through your firewall?
Yeah I have, done exactly the same as i did when i was on sky not long ago was fine with them, only difference is my broadband provider, for some reason its showing ports not open.

Upvote 0

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Tried something like this?

Then it'll tell you if its your router config, or the computer you've got the server on.

Upvote 0

brcarter1

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 6, 2013
Kent
Tried something like this?

Then it'll tell you if its your router config, or the computer you've got the server on.
Error: I could not see your service on **.**.***.*** on port (7000)
Reason: Connection timed out

Upvote 0

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
I had issues with the Virgin hub too so now I just use it as the entry point in Slave mode or whatever they call it, which feeds into a Netgear Nighthawk.

Upvote 0

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I dare say there's lots of guides out there for your specific router? Otherwise call tech support if you're struggling that much

Upvote 0