Pretty speechless if i'm honest.

Join Discord

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
From the 5k resources post.
It takes a bit of editing to get the multi Lib ones to work properly, but they are well worth the time.

Did anyone find any other cool looking ones?

gRDUTt.jpg

OhCgqA.jpg

P15Mlv.jpg

fJOP6p.jpg

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
yeah i went through a few of them ages ago,some are amazing, ill see if i can find the ones i converted
Post automatically merged:

well now im annoyed :/ i had libs converted for the objects and tiles but for some reason cant get them to work.

this was one i really liked as a boss room. even made a bigmap/minimap for it.

Attachments

• Image 24.Jpeg
    Image 24.Jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
That fire map looks like it would make a pretty awesome arena for some final boss fight.

But the first one....some things should just not exist for Mir lol.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Are these not all one tile tho? Or very few objects on them at least?
They are to an extent. Most of the attributes seem to be working fine, in the right places. Front images everywhere you would expect them to be.
Just no animations.

But compared to the default maps, like MW these are a world apart.

That fire map looks like it would make a pretty awesome arena for some final boss fight.

But the first one....some things should just not exist for Mir lol.
Why? whats wrong with it?

Reactions: Sanjian

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Top sand map looks like it could belong on Dune.

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
PFpDkc.jpg

MW with a bit more life.
Z8NoGv.jpg

Unfortunately, that seems to be about it. A few generic dungeon maps here n' there.
I only found one other map similar to the desert style, and it was much smaller.

Kinda expected a bit more for 6GB of 'maps'

99% of the data is just small passageway maps like this:
As cool as they look in-game, they are just too small to be of much use.
u0Eevi.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Martyn

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
PFpDkc.jpg

MW with a bit more life.
Z8NoGv.jpg

Unfortunately, that seems to be about it. A few generic dungeon maps here n' there.
I only found one other map similar to the desert style, and it was much smaller.

Kinda expected a bit more for 6GB of 'maps'

99% of the data is just small passageway maps like this:
As cool as they look in-game, they are just too small to be of much use.
u0Eevi.jpg

Do the bichon/mud wall look good in game?

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Do the bichon/mud wall look good in game?
Never got as far as converting them and trying in-game, I was just looking through everything.

Does anyone know where that desert map is actually from? WoOOL maybe?
If anyone has others in that style, would be much appreciated.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Never got as far as converting them and trying in-game, I was just looking through everything.

Does anyone know where that desert map is actually from? WoOOL maybe?
If anyone has others in that style, would be much appreciated.

I am going to go through the resources, take a look and convert, looks quite interesting!

If I come across anymore, I will drop them over to you !

@Chalace
What are the map names for those 2? or what part of the map pack are they in, just slowly building my want and dont want list - its going to take a loooong time xD

Last edited:

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Are we ignoring the fact that @iJam can make beautiful maps than those?

Quit sleeping on the true artist!

Chalance and Ijam both make glorious maps, to be fair there are a few people who make better maps then the default maps.

I really need to setup the map editor properly so I can use it a lot better than its default state, as I used to create maps for my RPG and would love to spend time on making maps

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I am going to go through the resources, take a look and convert, looks quite interesting!

If I come across anymore, I will drop them over to you !

@Chalace
What are the map names for those 2? or what part of the map pack are they in, just slowly building my want and dont want list - its going to take a loooong time xD
No idea, sorry. I just pulled some out as I went through.
A good tip for finding the big maps, just look at the size as you scroll. they pop out pretty easily being 10mb+.

Are we ignoring the fact that @iJam can make beautiful maps than those?

Quit sleeping on the true artist!
I can make maps too...
Time is a finite resource.

Reactions: LightBringer

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Yeah Chalace its a good map artist too. I think the only difficult regarding making maps its the editor. Soooooooooo basic, has some flaws, and to "glue" up objects takes a time.

So yeah, time is a finite source, making map is difficult too.

tha4thface

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2009
Come on guys, make mir great again.
So great that the chinese want to steal your content

Shane/Banshee

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
yeah i went through a few of them ages ago,some are amazing, ill see if i can find the ones i converted

well now im annoyed :/ i had libs converted for the objects and tiles but for some reason cant get them to work.

this was one i really liked as a boss room. even made a bigmap/minimap for it.

View attachment 21281

looks like diablo 3 map. act 2?

miss playing Diablo 3 hard core
View attachment 21282

View attachment 21284

View attachment 21285

View attachment 21287

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
Still not seeing anything majorly wrong with the current editor. How can you go wrong with point and click?

The quality of the resources is what holds it back if anything. So unless you're an artist or fancy paying out the nose, just have to deal with what's there.
You have the tools to literally make any map you want otherwise. I showed that.

Reactions: Far and Cookie

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Get a working easy to use Map editor and let people go wild.

Maybe you should at least give a hint of what you imagine under "easy to use"? Really we are at the mercy of someone making some changes on his own motivation and if that should happen, you might be lucky if it would include your ideas. Can't make requests and I totally understand that. I also have ideas about the editor or I get stuck on my project and when that happens, I either put up with it or more likely, abandon the work after a while.

It is easy to get stymied by various technical obstacles (never mind even changes to source code) working with maps, making new or doing more extensive rebuilding job on existing ones and some of it has nothing to do with tools but technical issues with client (adding libraries as one example - like only yesterday I learned what code needs to be changed from Chalace here when you add libraries to client). I wish the default client would include an extra empty library file for would be map makers like me.

A while back I posted here about the bridge problem, conflict with river shore front image strips, which could be solved by cutting the strips into tiles (thanks to Akaras for providing the tool to cut image into tiles) and placing them as middle or back tiles. The bridge ends would then superpose properly over them. But this actually wasn't the problem. Problem was I don't have any intention to make my own server, I would upload the maps for anybody to use and would be pleased to find them used on somebody's server.

I can drop the cut tiles into existing library but that creates the problem since if someone is making their server, they likely have their own customized libraries and I am not sure how easy it is to merge my custom library with theirs. I figured better idea would be to put the cut tiles into new library to make sharing out easier (I would collect all my various changes there). But failing to add library in the first place and other problems that had nothing to do with map job as such, made me put the project off indefinitely.
Same as Chalace, if a discussion related to map making comes up here, it makes me return to the job for a while, make some progress but then something comes up or the job gets too tedious and it gets put on hold again.

In my case, having only a very sketchy ability when it comes to source code (really all I have is a common sense LOL) or technical understanding how things work in the client basically means you don't need to apply for the job of map making. That is, if by map making you mean more than just moving existing tiles & objects on a map. The mapedit program is the least of the problems when it comes to it.

Last edited: